Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Selling Products Online From Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Selling Products Online From Nigeria (4529 Views)

List Of Hot Selling Products-buy And Sell / Selling Physical Products Online Without Owning A Single Product In Nigeria! / 10 Highest Selling Products In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selling Products Online From Nigeria by OLAKAD: 8:56pm On Jun 01, 2012
Hi all, I would like for sound minds to brainstorm on the idea of running the business of selling products on line via a website and operating from Nigeria. What are the benefits, advantages, risks...etc involved? To speak a lil about this I'd say that it is feasible but one has to strategically overcome lots of challenges being; payment gateway, delivery as planned, website design and management,consistency, lack of know how of lots of folks in Nigeria when it comes to on-line shopping, bad reputation of Nigeria by the international populace.... Although we have lots of challenges we still have people making profit running on-line stores and businesses from Nigeria. Please do well to add valuable comments and tips to this as there are lots of folks who have the desire to do this but have little or no clue on how to go about it.
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by Thethy(m): 10:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
Good website designing skill is highly essential.
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by bizboy01(m): 11:24pm On Jun 01, 2012
payment processor is needed
website design is important but not more than contents
how to deliver your product to your customers in needed
and finally....Traffic Traffic and Traffic...make sure you target your Niche.

Goodluck
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by 80kobo(m): 5:59am On Jun 02, 2012
Get and customise a free shopping cart like oscommerce or open cart if you are on a budget,
Add an SSL certificate to your site
Integrate online payments, voguepay, cashenvoy or eyowo if you are on a budget too,
Get a UPS or DHL account or arrange with a close by courier service for prompt delivery
Use the money saved from the cheaper alternatives listed above (I would charge at least 350,000 doing 1-3 above for you) and blast relevant adverts everywhere.
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by OLAKAD: 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
80kobo: Get and customise a free shopping cart like oscommerce or open cart if you are on a budget,
Add an SSL certificate to your site
Integrate online payments, voguepay, cashenvoy or eyowo if you are on a budget too,
Get a UPS or DHL account or arrange with a close by courier service for prompt delivery
Use the money saved from the cheaper alternatives listed above (I would charge at least 350,000 doing 1-3 above for you) and blast relevant adverts everywhere.

nice one sir
how would clients in remote areas in the country be reached when they place orders?
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by 80kobo(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
OLAKAD:

nice one sir
how would clients in remote areas in the country be reached when they place orders?

If you stay in a large city I think you should have courier services that reach most states. For very remote areas, the buyer can pick up the item from the courier office in the city nearest to them. I usually receive stuff from Lagos this way.
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by chrishenzo: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2012
Running online business in Nigeria is a daunting task. Ranging from payment security, delivery concern,etc. One of the main issue affecting Nigeria online business is that most of the people into buying and selling business don't have any knowledge of computer let alone selling their product through the internet.

In most advanced country, any business person advertises his/her product online in one way or the other but in Nigeria that is not that the case. Most believe in "Cash and Carry" mentality.

Regarding the delivery, personally I don't think it is a much problem. You can simply give the product/item to any of the buses like ABC, GUO, etc and the buyer will receive it. It is even more faster than DHL,UPS etc

The good news is that our organization provides both sellers and buyers to ability to run a smooth transaction on our platform. As a seller, you can upload an unlimited products on our platform, monitor your sales, get your own instant online shop, stay connected with your customers, business expose around the world, and much more

As a buyer, you don't need credit card to purchase an item, you can buy from any where around the world, you receive your goods before money is release to the seller, cancel your order when seller fails to deliver your product, smooth transaction with the seller, negotiate price, and much more

To get start visit www.chrisvicmall.com
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by OLAKAD: 8:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
chrishenzo: Running online business in Nigeria is a daunting task. Ranging from payment security, delivery concern,etc. One of the main issue affecting Nigeria online business is that most of the people into buying and selling business don't have any knowledge of computer let alone selling their product through the internet.

In most advanced country, any business person advertises his/her product online in one way or the other but in Nigeria that is not that the case. Most believe in "Cash and Carry" mentality.

Regarding the delivery, personally I don't think it is a much problem. You can simply give the product/item to any of the buses like ABC, GUO, etc and the buyer will receive it. It is even more faster than DHL,UPS etc

The good news is that our organization provides both sellers and buyers to ability to run a smooth transaction on our platform. As a seller, you can upload an unlimited products on our platform, monitor your sales, get your own instant online shop, stay connected with your customers, business expose around the world, and much more

As a buyer, you don't need credit card to purchase an item, you can buy from any where around the world, you receive your goods before money is release to the seller, cancel your order when seller fails to deliver your product, smooth transaction with the seller, negotiate price, and much more

To get start visit www.chrisvicmall.com

@chris nice post you have here, u talk from experience. speaking of payments, delivery and collection; how would 1 buy without a credit card, also how economical and efficient are indigenous transport services like ABC, etc compared to the likes of DHL, UPS, etc. would 1 make good profit selling products in Nigeria considering all challenges? would u encourage Nigerian to do business on-line?
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by chrishenzo: 1:01am On Jun 06, 2012
OLAKAD:

@chris nice post you have here, u talk from experience. speaking of payments, delivery and collection; how would 1 buy without a credit card, also how economical and efficient are indigenous transport services like ABC, etc compared to the likes of DHL, UPS, etc. would 1 make good profit selling products in Nigeria considering all challenges? would u encourage Nigerian to do business on-line?

You can buy things from anywhere around the world without the use of credit card.Please note that you can only do this on our platform. For example, suppose you want to purchase an Ipad from any our website, simply pay the amount into our bank account. Your Chrisvicmall account will be recharge and after that, you can then proceed with your shopping.

In some cases, the product you are looking for might not be on our website. All you need to do is to contact seller of the product and ask the seller to upload the product on our website. We might also help you to make the purchase.

Regarding the efficient of the indigenous transport service, I will say that they are efficient. Most of the time the buyer will receive the product the same day or the next day. And the price of the shipping depends on the size of the product.

At first there won't be much gain if you start online business. Sometimes you might wonder if you are wasting your time with the project. So if you planning to start online business, I also recommend that you have a physical shop

1 Like

Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by 2sexy(m): 6:37am On Jun 06, 2012
Hmmm I dey laugh o o o. My eyes see things my mouth no go fit talk.

1 Like

Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by ultrazone(m): 4:03pm On May 10, 2015
mm
Re: Selling Products Online From Nigeria by Michaelegbo: 8:13pm On May 21, 2015
Learn how to sell online on Nigeria ' emerging online market place @ https://docs.banjuu.com. Sell for free now on https://www.banjuu.com.... fast, easy and free

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn N300 And Up To 10k Weekly From Palmpay For Free / Latest Review Of Vidilook | Is Vidilook A Scam Or Legit? / Guys Into Fx, How Reliable Is Etoro?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.