Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,230 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents (9659 Views)

What Is The Total Number Of Housing Units In Sun City? / Invitation To Attend Chartered Institute Of Housing (cih) Course Ibadan And Uk / Any Law Firm Or R 20 Acres Of Land In Agbara For Construction Of Housing Estate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by lillaowow(m): 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
pls, i don't mean to derail this thread
there are some things i don't understand
who are the AGENTS?
What do you mean whne you say you meet an agent for an appartment?
What qualifies someone for he/she to be called an agent?

I'm asking this question cos i think "anything" called AGENT in nigeria is a BIG fraud/scam. visa agent, travel agent, housing agent, etc etc esp all dis AGENTS increasing Rent on other ppls houses.

A guy doubled the rent on my dad's house all in the name of helping people secure accomodation.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by naylove(m): 9:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
ebgbest: I'm new 2dis site, pls hw do i post a tread to mak a front page
go to any section of ur choice frm d list availabu,sport7,religion etc.you'l find create a new topic.as per making front page.lets just hope ur thread is good enough or pray the moderator is feelhng sad on the day to make it grace d front page if its whack.lol

4 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by futurehome: 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2012
I don't usually demand for inspection fees. But, the truth is that there are a lot of time wasters and speculators who aren't ready to get a house yet. so when i come across such ones i have to be paid for my time before stepping an inch.
All you time wasters stay far from a very diligent consultant like me.

Wish you all the Best

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by komek(m): 9:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
Agents are the most unorganise set of human beings ​ have ever seen §☺
Far. But someone made mention of y they collect †ђξ consultation fee. Some of us after stressing this agents U̶̲̥̅̊ come back τ̅☺ tell him U̶̲̥̅̊ have got a house from anoda agent, ​ tink dats bad too. But this Agents show M̶̲̥̅ƹ sha.
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2012
futurehome: I don't usually demand for inspection fees. But, the truth is that there are a lot of time wasters and speculators who aren't ready to get a house yet. so when i come across such ones i have to be paid for my time before stepping an inch.
All you time wasters stay far from a very diligent consultant like me.

Wish you all the Best

This post is not hidden. Wishing you the best too. It depends on how you present youself to your client.Speculators as a word is used for land deals especially those interested in leasing or purchasing land in short, it is an area-boy parlance in local real estate...that case is actually obvious. But for renting/leasing houses on short-term basis usually two years in the first instance, speculation rarely occurs! Gbam. Abi na land u dey sell for ogogogoro village?

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by abbey37(m): 9:59pm On Jun 12, 2012
I think the way out is to have a regulatory body for this agents cause every riff raff waka about person is now an agent cause its a means to get free quick money and reap pple oFf their hard earned money.imagine paying agents almost as much as your rent cost only for them to report @ the beer parlour and play lotto with the rest.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by razznaija(f): 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
Go the section ( Politics, romance etc) and click on create new topic at the top of the page, make it and post it, but it has to be important enough to be posted on the front page.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
komek: Agents are the most unorganise set of human beings ​ have ever seen §☺
Far. But someone made mention of y they collect †ђξ consultation fee. Some of us after stressing this agents U̶̲̥̅̊ come back τ̅☺ tell him U̶̲̥̅̊ have got a house from anoda agent, ​ tink dats bad too. But this Agents show M̶̲̥̅ƹ sha.

This post is not hidden.

Please why do people use these alphabet characters in writing? What is wrong with standard font for written communication. What do you intend to achieve by writing in this format? Have you considered the readers ability to circum-navigate your instrument and produce appropraite response(s)? What devise amplifies your writing in this inchoate form?

4 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by mkoabiola: 10:04pm On Jun 12, 2012
NL will not stop tearing my trousers with laf.lol
Differnt and funny funny xperience abt ds so called agents.
U av to pay for their bike lol
They will liter ur car wit dirts lol
They will enta ur car with dirty slippers lol
Anyway speaking frm xperince

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by crackhouse(m): 10:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
u are new here, right? And u want ur thread to make front page?. Well, i have been here for more than 2yrs and mine have not make frontpage, so relax till i make front page first but if u are in a hurry meet Seun and he will tell u what it cost.
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by andyanders: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
I wonder why people say, 90% of them are touts.I will tell you that 99.5% of the so called agents are just confirmed robbers.The difference is that they don't carry live gun but carry all forms of charms along.
I had one in 2003 that collected 300k from me and showed me a place and I paid.He told me that the house will be ready in 3 day's time and that was it and story started. Because I needed to move my family from where I was, I was forced to secure another apartment to secure my family first after spending over 1.5million on the new apartment.

I had to wait and after about some weeks snowballed to months, I found out that I have been duped. I now decided to play along with him, take him out for a drink and coolly told him to look for money same way to pay me cos I was not going to involve the police to get my money. I convinced him to give me a receipt and an agreement that he was owing me and he accepted.I drafted the agreement and gave him to sign.He did and I kept the agreement and kept visiting him as if nothing happened.
One day, I laid an ambush near his office armed with a dagger concealed and I saw someone came out from his office with a receipt of payment and I suspected that the person must have been paid.I quickly went inside and saw his secretary counting money and I grabbed the money and he looked at me and never made any move. I took the money and it was 200k and I pocketed the money and walked out of his office.
The second time I saw him after some months was around Ikeja and I was driving.I quickly asked the person I was with to take over the steering and I came down and rushed behind him and he had this big wallet he use to put in his armpit.I quick from behind grabbed the big wallet and he turned I zipped open and saw a bundle of 100k, I took it and I told him straight that if he makes any move that I will shout at him and get him arrested. He told me to take the money.

Having gotten my money, after about a week, I saw his picture on the front page of Sun Newspapers as an Estate Agent that duped people over 3 million naira in 2003 at LSDPC building at Agege. I went to his office and saw OPC also waiting for him.I took the agreement he gave me and now started a case with him and I now declared that he has not paid me based on the receipt and the agreement which he never remembered that he issued. I ended up collecting an extra 300k for the pain he made me go through. After the whole problem I gave him, one day he saw me and said that among the people he ate their money, that they never came back because he has charms that will make them run away but in my own case, after taking my money, that he ended up having multiple problem.
So now, I decided to have my own property and ran away from their problem as all of them are one. I even built for rent and I give my house out direct to tenants as I dont have any so called agent for my property and I do not collect any agency fees.I also collect only 6 months rent.

So I encourage everyone to get his own property.If you can pay house rent of over 100k, you can build your own house.

8 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Biggyd2: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
Keneking: This post has not been hidden.

...Then they ask, are you Ibo? Because the landlord does not want Ibos in their house? That is after spending N3k on running out/site inspections.If you are single and female, dem go dey eye u! Abeg, make Fashola introduce monthly rent for Lag, that will hasten their extinction....

Some will ask if you are a lawyer or policeman. If yes, they will tell you that 'landlord no go gree'
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by ifihearam: 11:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
In as much as some clients are very unreliable,it does not warrant ANY qualified agent to demand for consultation fee or registration as the case may be. Some of you fall victim because of desperation,you don't even know the office of the prospective agent,you don't know the name of the company he represents etc.
Anyways,we have agents and we also have real estate agents
Perhaps u mistake quack agents for we the real estate agent with an enviable enterprise.
For those in the know,there are names they look out for in Lagos for instance in the real estate market.

If you have gone through my posts on properties or lettings you will understand bera

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by debco(m): 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
There is difference between agent and real estate agent. You can only see agents asking for inspection fee and most of the agents are not professional. That is why a ordinary agent can't become real estate agent because he will surely be a broker and for you to be a broker you must be ready to spend your personal money for networking and mobilization. As for me am a real estate agent i don't ask for any inspection fee because it is not mandatory unless you are interested in the inspected apartment and ready to pay then you must obtain the agency form for just 2k. Because it is the form the landlord will require first so as to go through the your data before payment is been made.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by DisGuy: 12:15am On Jun 13, 2012
instead of calling clients time wasters, it would help if you at least show them pictures of the so called 'decent' flats/houses

then again pictures/images are almost treated like a taboo

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Misterpaul(m): 12:23am On Jun 13, 2012
Haven't you people heard about Estate surveyors and valuers?..They are professionals in all this real estate matter and thier practice is regulated by The Nigerian Institute of Estate surveyors and valuers(NIEVS)..I know, there are many Estate firms out there,like Jide Taiwo and co.,Diya fatimilehin and assoc.,etc..Why are u guyz patronizing all this road side quack agents and stil come here 2 complain when u are duped..
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by dnative(m): 2:09am On Jun 13, 2012
andyanders: I wonder why people say, 90% of them are touts.I will tell you that 99.5% of the so called agents are just confirmed robbers.The difference is that they don't carry live gun but carry all forms of charms along.
I had one in 2003 that collected 300k from me and showed me a place and I paid.He told me that the house will be ready in 3 day's time and that was it and story started. Because I needed to move my family from where I was, I was forced to secure another apartment to secure my family first after spending over 1.5million on the new apartment.

I had to wait and after about some weeks snowballed to months, I found out that I have been duped. I now decided to play along with him, take him out for a drink and coolly told him to look for money same way to pay me cos I was not going to involve the police to get my money. I convinced him to give me a receipt and an agreement that he was owing me and he accepted.I drafted the agreement and gave him to sign.He did and I kept the agreement and kept visiting him as if nothing happened.
One day, I laid an ambush near his office armed with a dagger concealed and I saw someone came out from his office with a receipt of payment and I suspected that the person must have been paid.I quickly went inside and saw his secretary counting money and I grabbed the money and he looked at me and never made any move. I took the money and it was 200k and I pocketed the money and walked out of his office.
The second time I saw him after some months was around Ikeja and I was driving.I quickly asked the person I was with to take over the steering and I came down and rushed behind him and he had this big wallet he use to put in his armpit.I quick from behind grabbed the big wallet and he turned I zipped open and saw a bundle of 100k, I took it and I told him straight that if he makes any move that I will shout at him and get him arrested. He told me to take the money.

Having gotten my money, after about a week, I saw his picture on the front page of Sun Newspapers as an Estate Agent that duped people over 3 million naira in 2003 at LSDPC building at Agege. I went to his office and saw OPC also waiting for him.I took the agreement he gave me and now started a case with him and I now declared that he has not paid me based on the receipt and the agreement which he never remembered that he issued. I ended up collecting an extra 300k for the pain he made me go through. After the whole problem I gave him, one day he saw me and said that among the people he ate their money, that they never came back because he has charms that will make them run away but in my own case, after taking my money, that he ended up having multiple problem.
So now, I decided to have my own property and ran away from their problem as all of them are one. I even built for rent and I give my house out direct to tenants as I dont have any so called agent for my property and I do not collect any agency fees.I also collect only 6 months rent.

So I encourage everyone to get his own property.If you can pay house rent of over 100k, you can build your own house.

You be badt guy. Can't help laughing. But then again, no slacking for Lagos, na dog eat dog city!

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by nnacent(m): 2:51am On Jun 13, 2012
Misterpaul: Haven't you people heard about Estate surveyors and valuers?..They are professionals in all this real estate matter and thier practice is regulated by The Nigerian Institute of Estate surveyors and valuers(NIEVS)..I know, there are many Estate firms out there,like Jide Taiwo and co.,Diya fatimilehin and assoc.,etc..Why are u guyz patronizing all this road side quack agents and stil come here 2 complain when u are duped..
u jst mentiond d major 2 i know. Mayb ur etc include these oda agents in questn. D point is dat agents shud b more responsible.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by EnRoute4Isaac: 7:03am On Jun 13, 2012
@4evergod3:your explanation was most illuminating. @andyanders: :owow!
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Jarus(m): 7:40am On Jun 13, 2012
Most can be annoying. However, some are still decent. I know one that even spent his money doing the running around when we wanted to change our apartment this year, yet we didn't take accept the house he got for us. I also met one that asked me to pay agency fee first even before I accepted the house. Some demanded 2k first. We experienced the 'flashing' ones too.

But the one we eventually got through was a classy one: an established lawyer with a firm in Yaba. She even did background checks on me and interviewed me before accepting my money. She uses an SUV sef, so no be hungry agent.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by scopusng(m): 7:55am On Jun 13, 2012
andyanders: I wonder why people say, 90% of them are touts.I will tell you that 99.5% of the so called agents are just confirmed robbers.The difference is that they don't carry live gun but carry all forms of charms along.

That is stealing my guy. You need to pray to God for forgiveness.

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by scopusng(m): 7:57am On Jun 13, 2012

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by beespak7(m): 8:11am On Jun 13, 2012
These so called estate agents can be so annoying, earlier this year when i was looking for an appt in lagos i met many agents who as usuall collected 2000naira fees from me only to show me disgusting dilapidated looking houses with open smelly guters and green algeas every where. Chai person don suffer for these agents hand angry cheesy embarassed
Another agent took me to a building where the roof of the house was almost falling, shocked the other agent took me to an uncompleted building, and ask me to pay the 2yrs rent that the land lord will use the rent to complete the building. i did not know whether to back hand them or side kick them grin. Even some buildings in my village looked better than those wretched buildings they were showing me in lagos. grin All in all, i met more than 20 agents times 2000naira = N40000 DOWN THE DRAIN angry embarassed the annoying part is that the agents will still collect in most cases N100,000 agents fees when you pay the rent.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by obitobe: 8:39am On Jun 13, 2012
i am sorry to say but this house agents are all bloody thievies, tout and liars both male and female that does this job. I have dealt with 5 of them after paying each of them a range of 1k-2k to help me with the search and after telling them what i need, they just come back showing things below standard and asking if i could extend my budget and then they wil get me extactly what i am asking for. when i do extend my budget it is still the same sub-standard structures they end up showing me.And the part of them flashing you after you have given them money for recharge card is very annoying.in fact at times when you see them they just look rough and hungry looking, i am just tired of them all.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by ufos77: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2012
Deal only with professionals registered with Nigerian Institution of Estate Surveyors and Valuers (NIESV).
You can check my website www.ojomaikreconsulting.com or call 08023592500 for professional real estate services

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by afrobaby(f): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2012
4evergod3: They spend their money on transportation trying to get what their client wants and more often than not make a whole lot of phone calls
Most of the 'agents' on nairaland do notcall, they only 'flash' your phone, I know about 4 that has done that
futurehome: the truth is that there are a lot of time wasters and speculators who aren't ready to get a house yet. so when i come across such ones i have to be paid for my time before stepping an inch.
I dont believe there is anyone who would leave the comfort of his home or office to be searching for a house if he/she is not in need of it. And ifI may ask, the so calledtime-wasters, how do u identify them, do they write it on their forehead?
komek: Some of us after stressing this agents come back τo tell him U have got a house from anoda agent
The truth is, once u are not desperate and uhave a taste, u wont just want to take any house, if ur agent can get u a decent apartment, will one pay for a non-decent one
Keneking: Please why do people use these alphabet characters in writing? What is wrong with standard font for written communication. What do you intend to achieve by writing in this format? Have you considered the readers ability to circum-navigate your instrument and produce appropraite response(s)? What devise amplifies your writing in this inchoate form?
It usually happens when the post on a moilephone
Dis Guy: instead of calling clients time wasters, it would help if you at least show them pictures of the so called 'decent' flats/houses

then again pictures/images are almost treated like a taboo
Please tell help me them o, at times, u will even ask them some questions aout the apartment, and they will ignore the question, all u see is, vacante, call, available etc
Jarus: But the one we eventually got through was a classy one: an established lawyer with a firm in Yaba. She even did background checks on me and interviewed me before accepting my money. She uses an SUV sef, so no be hungry agent.
Please, give me the contact ofdis person jare
obitobe: i am sorry to say but this house agents are all bloody thievies, tout and liars both male and female that does this job. I have dealt with 5 of them after paying each of them a range of 1k-2k to help me with the search and after telling them what i need, they just come back showing things below standard and asking if i could extend my budget and then they wil get me extactly what i am asking for. when i do extend my budget it is still the same sub-standard structures they end up showing me.And the part of them flashing you after you have given them money for recharge card is very annoying.in fact at times when you see them they just look rough and hungry looking, i am just tired of them all.
U dont need to say u are sorry cos uve said the right thing, akwarandu advertised a 2 edroom flat at kilo for 350K, i called him and he told me it is a decent flat, we should come check it, first, he felt reluctant to greet when he got into the car, and even he lacked customer service, we got to the said apartment and we were greeted by rats gutter and dirt, immediately we got to the front of the flat, I told him I cant go in, my husband was mute throughout cos he was already angry, he had to leave what he was doing in d office to come check the place. And guess what the agent said when we got outside, ow much can I afford for a 2 bedroom flat? I was so mad

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by 4evergod3: 9:31am On Jun 13, 2012
perhaps you guys need to check out my posts and see how professional I am. I do not charge any consultancy fees. For someone who studied urban and regional planning and psychology as a sub course i believe I have been doing a very good job. Many folks from nairaland who have dealt with me can testify to that. My handles are damogul, 4evergod, 4evergod1, 4evergod2, 4evergod3.

For some here who say most of the agents are thieves and so on please soften your choice of words. Just because you have met a few bad eggs does not mean the whole tray is rotten. A simple conversation with a qualified realtor should let you know if he or she knows their stuff. Personally i almost always post my ads on nairaland along with pictures so you would see exactly what you would be coming to inspect. Bottom line there are still a whole lot of great hardworking realtors out there who know their job and never fail to deliver and I happen to be one of them. Finito!

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by dan6019(m): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2012
the best way to know who to deal with and rely on as agents is to deal with those who have operational bases, do a due diligence on him and confirm he is operating from an office that is his.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by femiseun1: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2012
Who told u the registered Real estate agents are not corrupt. I had an experience with a staff of Diya fatimilehin @ Ogunlana drive. I was taken for inspection and after the inspection, I was interested in taking the 2Bdroom flat. The staff demanded for 3k before leaving and I objected, the lady told me instantly that I will never get the place. I went to their office the next day to meet her boss and the man told me the house is no longer vacant. A friend of mine who had given them the 3k consultation fee got the place 3 days after i went there. Are they not the same as road side quacks

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by smiliz(f): 10:29am On Jun 13, 2012

See badt guy! U be James Bond.
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by buchibabe: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2012
Seeing is believing. See what u r paying for bfor releasing any casch be it agency fee abi inspection levey to any body. There are so many shylock agents around. Some of dem will introduce as many as 10 prospective tenants to one house after collectn money from them. Some of dis agents dnt really care about ur comfort in d choice of a house,all dey do is run their mouths about how beautiful,spacious,modern,live-out landlord/landlady etc the houe is and at d end of d day if ur nt careful,u live in a house dat u never imagined. As for d flashing aspect,its sooooooooo ridiculous to see some of dis agents flash pple wen dey want to take dem for house inspections after collectin dia registration fees.and some will still beg u for trans fare after d inspection Dey make d profession look like a hungry one.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by DisGuy: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2012
scopusng:

how if the matter has been to court, he would lose much more than than inclusinf his freedom!

jungle justice suits these sort of people jare!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fastest Appreciating Est in Ajah! Westwood Park Estate! Now Selling @ 12m. / For Sale A Block Of 24selcontain Rooms Apartment In Ekosodin Uniben .NEW PRICE / Land For Sale In Ado-Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.