Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,360 members, 7,957,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 06:03 AM

Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents (9954 Views)

What Is The Total Number Of Housing Units In Sun City? / Invitation To Attend Chartered Institute Of Housing (cih) Course Ibadan And Uk / Any Law Firm Or R 20 Acres Of Land In Agbara For Construction Of Housing Estate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by afrobaby(f): 8:24pm On Jun 02, 2012
I was just thinking, most so called agents on nairaland ask for registration fee of 2k or 3k before dey can take one to rickety houses, I av come to d conclusion that agents who ask for dis fee are street agents, my reason being dat dia is hardly any apartment Ʊ will rent dat Ʊ won't pay more than A̶̲̥̅̊ 100k as extra fee, if dey actually have dus ppties to rent out, den dey will b more interested in d agency and commission fee.
Annoying also is d fact that when Ʊ csll most of dis agents for inspection and maybe dey are busy, dey will tell Ʊ dat dey will call when dey are through. But surprisingly, dey only flash, are dey really dat broke,
My advise is dat street agents who ask for registration fee b4 inspection shud always state it on dia posts. Though most of dem av different user names, at least I know like 4 who uses more dan one username, dey shud state it on dia post.

6 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2012
90% of agents are touts. They are the most inconsistent and irresponsible people I've come across. The only thing they know how to do is to rip people off their hard earned money. U tell them the kind of house u want, they tell u they have plenty of it, only for u to get there and its like a mad man's house. Infact, donot get me started on these agents, they irritate me dese days. angry embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by afrobaby(f): 4:26am On Jun 03, 2012
It's really becoming annoying, I wonder how one can get A̶̲̥̅̊ reliable one
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by ifyalways(f): 10:29am On Jun 03, 2012
Expose them! thats what to do instead of moaning.
I know they can get new usernames and repost their shyte but if you have their nos and office address u can as well post that to warn other members.
There was a time i needed a BQ or S/C in lekki for my adopted daughter,i specified what i want but these highly annoying and dubious agents on here still tried their funny moves on me,it didnt work and trust me,i mentioned names.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by merije1010(m): 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
afrobaby: It's really becoming annoying, I wonder how one can get A̶̲̥̅̊ reliable one
wat is it?
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
Not all agents are touts or "street agents" as u claimed.

As per registration fee I'll say different strokes for different folks.
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 03, 2012
Not all "agents" are touts or "street agents" as u claimed.

As per registration fee I'll say different strokes for different folks.
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by afrobaby(f): 8:54pm On Jun 03, 2012
My post is still there foir Ʊ to go through, I don't generalise, I said MOST agents on NAIRALAND, so Ʊ should understand I didn't refer all as touts.
And if I may as, what do Ʊ mean by different stroes for different folks regarding registration fee
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 04, 2012
@Afrobaby you are right, please dont pay any fee to any1 until they give you what you want. I am an agent in abuja and i dont treat my clients that way. I also pick up my clients in my car to show them round, most client can be kind and say take this for your fuel. once you notice such agents, please cut off from them. Thanks Lewis 08100392181

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by afrobaby(f): 4:14pm On Jun 11, 2012
@truluvguy, I must confess, only a few, less than 2 agents on nairaland dont ask for consultation fee, they tell u if u dont pay the fee, they wont take you to the house, anyway, have always told them, with me, no fee to be paidm until I see what I wish to take
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by StarrMatthieu: 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Are u sure? Then that makes me 1 of the 2. grin grin grin

afrobaby: @truluvguy, I must confess, only a few, less than 2 agents on nairaland dont ask for consultation fee, they tell u if u dont pay the fee, they wont take you to the house, anyway, have always told them, with me, no fee to be paidm until I see what I wish to take

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by afrobaby(f): 6:12pm On Jun 11, 2012
Ofcourse, am sure, av called so many agents on nairaland and its d same story, most are so concerned abt the consultation fee cos they know the apartments they have for let are not good enough, av seen more than enough self,
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 11, 2012
Unfortunately such agents failed to realise that most good deals comes thru referrals from satisfied and happy clients.

However as regards consultation fees it depends on individual agents and their style of operations.
Personally I value my name/image and its the reason I don't ask for such fees.

Likewise I have met some unreasonable,nasty and forthright, decent, generous clients too.

But it seems you've not been so fortunate with agents but I hope you do soon so as to put your accomodation search to rest.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by afrobaby(f): 10:10am On Jun 12, 2012
I must admit that most av been meeting so far are nothing to write home about, I called one yesterday for A̶̲̥̅̊ flat at masha, he told me d house was decent, decided to go wit hubby after closing, immediately he saw us, his countenance changed, I guess he was expecting desperate or low class people, he felt remorse throughout, we got to d house and my gosh, it was like A̶̲̥̅̊ pig's house, iwe could not even enter d flat cos it was A̶̲̥̅̊ total barracks. I just hope and pray we will meet A̶̲̥̅̊ decent and trustworthy one soon
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
Afrobaby, I think u might have to up your budget a bit to get something decent in a good location. Or better still, u compromise on location, as the nearer a place is to the Island (surulere and environs), the more expensive it is too. As annoying as it may be, that is life. I for one couldn't get a decent 2bedroom flat, within my budget, in my preferred location/s. Hence, I had to compromise on location and I got a really nice apartment within my budget. Just my 2cents.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
It's really very annoying. I called one yesterday for a house in Ikosi area and he said I should come with a "token" fee of 3k. When I tried to make him see reasons, he rudely said he wasn't begging people to get houses through him, that it's people like me that will find it difficult to pay house rent when I can't afford to pay as low as 3k. I was so angry that I ended the call on him and deleted his number.
Even if they are so hungry and have to beg for 2, 3k, they should at least borrow a little manner of talking with clients that contribute to put food on their tables. Bunch of heediotts!

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by grandstar(m): 4:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
It is a unprofessional to collect registration fee. I don't collect.

And i have assisted several on Nairaland get apartments.

Different strokes for different folks

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by afrobaby(f): 4:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
@betty,, A̶̲̥̅̊ budget of 300k to 400k for A̶̲̥̅̊ 2/3 bedroom flat within those locations, I must tell Ʊ is really enough for any non-greedy agents, like my hubby usually say, most of  so called agents live in dia family house or A̶̲̥̅̊ face-me-face-you apartment, so dia understanding of decent flat is very low
@ omotee, don't mind them, akwarandu was virtually shouting at me on phone yesterday wehn I called him, all for him to take us to A̶̲̥̅̊ poultry he called A̶̲̥̅̊ flat , so annoying.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by 4evergod3: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
I do understand the reason for your complaints being a Realtor myself. However, Although I do not charge any consultation fee or whatever name it is called i often don't blame those who do. Now let me explain;

These so called agents sometimes get clients whom they refer to at the end of the day as time wasters. They spend their money on transportation trying to get what their client wants and more often than not make a whole lot of phone calls and then the client finally shows up after several missed appointments and is taken to view what he is she requested for and they reject all and reschedule for a later day. This sometimes goes on for 2 to 3 months and then one day the agent calls the client only to be told that he or she has gotten his or her desired property from another agent. This breaks the agents heart considering how much he has put into the whole transaction and getting nothing back hence the advent of the consultation fee.

My advice to prospective clients; if you need any property anywhere, try to stick with one agent whose turf that area is. That way you avoid consultancy fees. Once again I do not charge those fees and I am on the island.

5 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by 4evergod3: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Murphy7h4: 6:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by donpappyt(m): 8:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
Even when you give them the consultancy fee you will not hear from them again until you call them.

1 Like

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
donpappyt: Even when you give them the consultancy fee you will not hear from them again until you call them.
lol
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by ebgbest(m): 8:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
I'm new 2dis site, pls hw do i post a tread to mak a front page

5 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 12, 2012
Lol. That's why I always dread the prospect of having to look for a new apartment. Unless one is lucky to find a good house through direct links with the landlord, you're bound to be frustrated by these useless agents. A few years ago when I was looking for an apartment was when I realised that most agents don't know what 'decent' means. And it's annoying because that is their favourite word. Oh, very decent 'compand', very decent flat. When you get there it would look like a refugee camp. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
This post has not been hidden.

What is the role of NIESV? A professional body recognised by law to manage real estate and valuers. Those agent usually carry diary and coverless bic biro with black nylon.The nylon is usually fastened with rubber band. If you have a car and you are looking for a property, they will always want to litter your car with their slippers/rubber shoes.If they are to ply a motorcycle , you have to pay for it. A few of them use nokiae ( with very long battery life) never BB.

Then they ask, are you Ibo? Because the landlord does not want Ibos in their house? That is after spending N3k on running out/site inspections.If you are single and female, dem go dey eye u! Abeg, make Fashola introduce monthly rent for Lag, that will hasten their extinction....

6 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2012
Lol @ compand. They also say the road leading to the house is "tiled".

5 Likes

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
pro01: Lol. That's why I always dread the prospect of having to look for a new apartment. Unless one is lucky to find a good house through direct links with the landlord, you're bound to be frustrated by these useless agents. A few years ago when I was looking for an apartment was when I realised that most agents don't know what 'decent' means. And it's annoying because that is their favourite word. Oh, very decent 'compand', very decent flat. When you get there it would look like a refugee camp. God help us.
ebgbest: I'm new 2dis site, pls hw do i post a tread to mak a front page
ebgbest: I'm new 2dis site, pls hw do i post a tread to mak a front page

Just paste your picture on this page so that we can vote if you are worth being on the front page, if female, just get front and back view for further assessment.lololololo
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by SisiKill1: 9:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
Keneking: This post has not been hidden.

What is the role of NIESV? A professional body recognised by law to manage real estate and valuers. Those agent usually carry diary and coverless bic biro with black nylon.The nylon is usually fastened with rubber band. If you have a car and you are looking for a property, they will always want to litter your car with their slippers/rubber shoes.If they are to ply a motorcycle , you have to pay for it. A few of them use nokiae ( with very long battery life) never BB.

Then they ask, are you Ibo? Because the landlord does not want Ibos in their house? That is after spending N3k on running out/site inspections.If you are single and female, dem go dey eye u! Abeg, make Fashola introduce monthly rent for Lag, that will hasten their extinction....

Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by honey001(m): 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2012
Im presently in a mess of one now..... Just paid for a bedrum flat in bwari, abuja. Bt i later realised dat d house was a mess after checkn properly d next day...... Now to refund my money nah wahala..... Rubbish people
Re: Annoying attitudes of Housing Agents by ndidibabe(f): 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
Keneking: This post has not been hidden.

It seems you had a lot of experience with these agents. Infact, i can't just stop laughing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fire Razes Houses In Delta Community (photos) / The Making Of The "Small But Classy" Duplex (with Costs) / Building Of A Septic/soakaway In 13 Days - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.