Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready (3413 Views)

Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike / Normalcy Returns As New Lagos Doctors Resume / Lagos Doctors Suspend Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by shesco(m): 5:13am On Jun 03, 2012
Following the recalled doctors demand for official letters reinstating them back to the Lagos State Health Service, the state government, yesterday, said the letters were ready for collection tomorrow (Monday).

Disclosing this in a telephone chat with Sunday Vanguard, the Chief Medical Director of Lagos State University Teaching Hospital, LASUTH, Prof. David Oke, said the decision to give out the recall letters was decided upon after a long – hour meeting by government officials on Friday.

He said in LASUTH alone, no less than 400 letters were ready for collection.He said the letters were for all cadres of medical doctors including,House Officers, Medical Officers, Resident Doctors, Consultants and Senior Consultants as well as Honourary Consultants. On the content of the letters, he said the letters was only to withdraw the sack letters and acknowledge that they had been withdrawn.

Meanwhile, the Managing Director, Forever Living Products, Nigeria/Benin Republic, Mr. Cornelius Tay, has advised medical doctors intent on making more money and contributing to the development of health care delivery in the country to join the distributorship network of his company.

Speaking in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, where his company had feted distributors, Tay urged doctors to use the opportunity provided by their training to promote healthy living for the people.

Speaking to newsmen, Tay called on striking doctors to make the interest of the people their topmost priority. “We are making a call to all the striking doctors not to allow more people to die, but to consider anything they can do to put the people first.

We are also inviting them to come and join our network and have access to our wonderful products. Nigerians should know that, as a company, we are concerned with the prevalence of high mortality and early death rates in the country, and that is what we are doing across the country with the help of very important personalities who are now in our company.

These include wives of very important government officials, professionals, lecturers and ordinary Nigerians. Many of these people are engaged in a programme with us whereby we can help to reduce early deaths.

Many of the products marketed by Forever can help people to enjoy better health and even reduce the incidents of illnesses and diseases. Anyone of them who chooses to come, we would be very happy to engage into our network and they would be far more successful”.

Mr Tay urged Nigerians to use FLP products to overcome illnesses and diseases. “People don’t need to die early in this country. We have products that can relieve people of some very complex diseases and help enhance overall productivity in our nation. We have solutions for many of the world’s illnesses. We would want people to come and be part of what we are doing”, he advised.

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/06/lagos-doctors-reinstatement-letters-ready/
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 03, 2012
and wat happens to the families of pple that lost their lives during the strike? wat a pathetic country!
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by gtrust: 10:50am On Jun 03, 2012
I keep saying here that somebody IS NOT SERIOUS!
Health of the Nation (Lagos State) is being handled by an inexperienced authority.

How could you sack Doctors (I understand) by courier and you now say 'letters are available
for collection'
How could you sack 788 or more experienced Doctors (just like that) and you have NO PLANS on how
you intend to keep your people alive and safe and healthy etc

I don't understand this government of the people for the people by the people thing any more

What about the ISSUES AT STAKE DOCTORS' PAY AND CONTRACT

1 Like

Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by christ4kay: 11:02am On Jun 03, 2012
Shame to bad Pple. Let me congratulate the professionals! As for those that were employed during the crises congratulate you too. Pls appreciate your colleagues who went ob strike for you to.be employed.@ fashola thank your star that you recalled them many of your road flowers wwould have perish. Yeye! You don't have money to pay doctors but waste money on flowwrs....OLODO!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by christ4kay: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2012
God will ask fashola and his evil advisers!!!!!!!
berem: and wat happens to the families of pple that lost their lives during the strike? wat a pathetic country!
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by Pedekunle(m): 11:09am On Jun 03, 2012
In any case, thank God they are back.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 03, 2012
The issue of reinstatement was inevitable, so i am not surprised, am not even happy or sad even. Nonsense and ingrediens. *Spits on the ground*
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 03, 2012
grin
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by Donmeca(m): 12:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
Fashola got it so wrong in d first place... I told him!
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by niyitogun(m): 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2012
Donmeca: Fashola got it so wrong in d first place... I told him!

U did? So what did he say-*grin*
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by Reptyle(m): 1:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
christ4kay: Shame to bad Pple. Let me congratulate the professionals! As for those that were employed during the crises congratulate you too. Pls appreciate your colleagues who went ob strike for you to.be employed.@ fashola thank your star that you recalled them many of your road flowers wwould have perish. Yeye! You don't have money to pay doctors but waste money on flowwrs....OLODO!!!!!!!
christ4kay: Shame to bad Pple. Let me congratulate the professionals! As for those that were employed during the crises congratulate you too. Pls appreciate your colleagues who went ob strike for you to.be employed.@ fashola thank your star that you recalled them many of your road flowers wwould have perish. Yeye! You don't have money to pay doctors but waste money on flowwrs....OLODO!!!!!!!

But weren't the doctors on strike a few days before they were sacked? Are they still not on strike now that they have been "recalled?" While it may be ok to heap the blame on the government, fact is the doctors cannot shy away from receiving some of the blame for this.

Whatever the dispute, the doctors have no justification for abandoning their post completely. In the UK, doctors have given notice of a one day strike later this month due to disputes about pension deductions with the government. The BMA was however, clear on the fact that emergency cases and urgent surgeries will be taken care of during the strike. This was not the case with our dear doctors.

Both parties made some very bad decisions. I'm glad the government has reversed the "sack." I hope the doctors will also do the right thing by returning to work.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by stillme(m): 1:11pm On Jun 03, 2012

you are the real olodo. If your grand pa na gardner u no go say fashola dey waste money on flowers.
Olodo,do u know how many people have been employed for garden work in Lagos.
Olodo with one way thinking mentality. Mstchew!!!
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by tpia5: 1:14pm On Jun 03, 2012
For goodness sake, what is wrong with planting flowers? Isnt it flowers you pay thousands of dollars for as plane ticket and queue endlessly at embassies to go and look at overseas?

1 Like

Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2012
Where are those people abusing doctors?i know government cannot win.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by lifestyle1(m): 1:23pm On Jun 03, 2012
Will there be increment in their pay ? tongue
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by stillme(m): 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2012
Laalamed: Where are those people abusing doctors?i know government cannot win.

Tell dat to GEJ. Fashola is kind. Anybody can be provoked to do what he/she doesnt wish to do. It's good that he listened and acted wisely unlike GEJ.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by ikooko(m): 1:33pm On Jun 03, 2012
There is no way employees can win over the employer. There is a bait somewhere and the set up will soon play out against the doctors. we shall see.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by DEEDEE111(m): 2:09pm On Jun 03, 2012
stillme:

Tell dat to GEJ. Fashola is kind. Anybody can be provoked to do what he/she doesnt wish to do. It's good that he listened and acted wisely unlike GEJ.
im a doctor but i totally agree with u.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by femmy2010(m): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2012
stillme:

BRF remains my man any-day.
No group should be allowed to hold the people hostage.
Any small issue,it is always strike.
Every Nigerian is suffering so doctors shouldn't see theirs as any different.
BRF,thanks for lending a listening ear.

Eko o ni baje lai lai.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by yangzhen76: 4:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]
stillme:

great
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by hitmanogo: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2012
stillme:

I wonder how some people reason and others applaud them. BRF goofed..... Sacking of those doctors was a terrible decision that affected his political scoresheet and nearly affected ACN's public image. Did he ever think he will get 788 experienced doctors to manage the shortfall? I laugh in fulfulde..... As for u stillme u should understand the hand of politics in all these...... Jonathan has already met with NARD executives in Abuja and he gave them his word he will look into it but NARD should stay action on the solidarity strike. NARD agreed to do that.... This was on Wednesday evening 31st may...... This obviously sent shivers down the spine of ACN and by the following day they were forced to take the only decision which is to recall the sacked doctors..... Fashola could not be made to swallow the bitter pill of accepting defeat by making a recall because that will lower his political credence, bu t tinubu made the recall to make him look like a benevolent leader who is interested In the welfare of the people but who is really eyeing 2015. I tell u if GEJ had done this SNG, ACN,CPC, and so called progressives will cause such a media tsunami that god may be forced to mediate. Simple fashola and ACN goofed on this one.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by member479760: 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2012

you can see where your level of reasoning end. tell us what is preventive medicine? OLODO calling another person OLODO
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by malc619(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2012
DIS IS GOOD!!!
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by femmy2010(m): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2012
hitmanogo:

Did he ever think he will get 788 experienced doctors to manage the shortfall?

What good is the striking 788 doctors to many that have died?what good is an experience doctor that is not available to save a life that he swore an oat to always save?

In as much as two wrongs never made a right,i support the Lagos state action of using the sack issue to make our doctors sit up.
Nothing wrong about seeking a better condition of service but it should never be at the detriment of loosing focus of their primary duties of saving lives.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by ikooko(m): 10:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
hitmanogo:

I wonder how some people reason and others applaud them. BRF goofed..... Sacking of those doctors was a terrible decision that affected his political scoresheet and nearly affected ACN's public image. Did he ever think he will get 788 experienced doctors to manage the shortfall? I laugh in fulfulde..... As for u stillme u should understand the hand of politics in all these...... Jonathan has already met with NARD executives in Abuja and he gave them his word he will look into it but NARD should stay action on the solidarity strike. NARD agreed to do that.... This was on Wednesday evening 31st may...... This obviously sent shivers down the spine of ACN and by the following day they were forced to take the only decision which is to recall the sacked doctors..... Fashola could not be made to swallow the bitter pill of accepting defeat by making a recall because that will lower his political credence, bu t tinubu made the recall to make him look like a benevolent leader who is interested In the welfare of the people but who is really eyeing 2015. I tell u if GEJ had done this SNG, ACN,CPC, and so called progressives will cause such a media tsunami that god may be forced to mediate. Simple fashola
and ACN goofed on this one.
Do you honestly typed this or it's just your daydreaming.
Do you honestly think gej is capable of decisions that will positively affect lifes?
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by texazzpete(m): 11:05pm On Jun 03, 2012
femmy2010:
In as much as two wrongs never made a right,i support the Lagos state action of using the sack issue to make our doctors sit up.
Nothing wrong about seeking a better condition of service but it should never be at the detriment of loosing focus of their primary duties of saving lives.

You people always parrot the same inane statements yet none of you have the balls to provide any concrete info on how the doctors could have sought better conditions of service without going on strike.
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by gtrust: 11:07pm On Jun 03, 2012
femmy2010:

What good is the striking 788 doctors to many that have died?what good is an experience doctor that is not available to save a life that he swore an oat to always save?

Femmy2010,
you na big man and expect big man to talk like big man.

I am seriously wondering why you did not study to become a doctor yourself.
I want to encourage my children to study medicine, will you and if yes, will your
children work in Nigeria

Let's reason maturedly:
Overseas: Government know how many doctors they have NOW and have made projections
of how many they need in the future and are proactive in recruiting and incentivising
the positions to attract both local and foreign.
Why are the foreign governments doing this Simple: it is the job of the Government to
save lives and not the Doctors'!

Let's be honest, these so called 'experienced Doctors' are over 50 years and they have been
studying all their lives and you want them to die without even being able to own a house

Remember if they had their own houses then they would not have been evicted from government quarters!

No Government in the WHOLE WORLD will ever wake up and SACK 788 Doctors!
Why did Lagos get it so wrong
We know Doctors in Nigeria and we know Doctors overseas here, can you compare them

Do you want ALL Doctors (to join us here) to Andrew from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by tainot2002(m): 7:22am On Jun 04, 2012
fresh air
Re: Sacked Lagos Doctors Reinstatement Letters Ready by Joseph28: 3:15am On Jun 05, 2012
[img]http://www.50centloseweight.com[/img]Good point

(1) (Reply)

Health Benefits Of Piper Guineese (uziza Seed) / Pls Help With High Blood Pressure Treatment / Kedi Healthcare Products

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.