Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,965 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop (98538 Views)

Derailed Train At Iju Station Today (photo) / Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest / Pictures Of The Crashed Dana Airplane At Iju (agege) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
freshmoney:

Mister, I would reckon you are one of by-products of religion extremists, myth believers in Nigeria!(No cuss/sarcasm intended)
We are being brain-washed, horse-ridden by these religion fanatics, scaremongers, that no nothing except imbibing fear of the unknown
into the innocents. It's high time you dust off the shackles and come into realism where you would understand nothing mythical or behind Life!!!

even though you sound somewhat smart, you lack foresight in your reasoning. Somebody comes up and gives you an analysis all you do is come up here and spew crap. Like I always say, people with single digit iqs, with access to the Internet can always do and say shi.t online.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
afam4eva: I guess we may never get to know what happened on that flight because it seems there are no survivors.

The plane's two blackboxes will show more details more than any survivors can say. I just hope NCAA insists that all commercial planes have their blackboxes in good condition.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ikee(m): 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2012
LAGOS: A plane carrying 153 passengers crashed Sunday in a densely populated district of Nigeria's economic capital Lagos, the head of Civil Aviation Authority told AFP, adding he feared none had survived.

"It was a Dana (airline) flight out of (the capital) Abuja to Lagos with about 153 people on board," Harold Demuren said. "I don't believe there are any survivors."

Lagos State police spokesman Joseph Jaiyeoba said the plane went down in the Iju neighbourhood on the mainland of the city, where most of the city's population is concentrated. The crash happened near the airport.

A spokesman for Nigerian airline Dana confirmed one of its planes had crashed but could not immediately provide further details.

"I can confirm that one of our planes crashed today on the outskirts of Lagos," Tony Usidamen said.

"We lost communication with the aircraft. We are going to issue an official statement."

Lagos, the largest city in Africa's most populous nation, is home to an estimated 15 million people. (AFP)
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
Akainzo:

And where in that video did you see an attempt to crash land the plane in a safer place? The Concorde couldn't gain height and kept descending until it crashed into the hotel. You really do need to get off your pedantic reasoning.

You keep sounding dumber every time you post a comment.. Give up already!!

So, how was the plane able to fly for two minutes?? The engines were already on fire as soon as the plane left the ground..

I'm done with you anyways - don't derail the thread.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by stillme(m): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2012
damola1: Nigeria needs to crash.. else this country won't move forward...

Dem take light... we kept quiet..

Dem close hospital.. we continue to keep quiet..

Dem put death trap road... we are happy.. and thanking God it's not us...

Dem dey bomb people... we are saying.. ' God thank you' it's not me and my family.. we are covered..

Planes sef...come join..

Nigerians better ready to say NO.. and NO.. we are all fools, me inclusive!

nigerians are not fools,they are cowards. Guy,dont use that words to qualify nigerians.
If you are a fool,you wont have the sense to write the aboved words. You are a coward that's why u can only come on nairaland to make noise.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 03, 2012
when you watch "Air Crash Investigation" Those guys restrict the crash site and couple together every little fragment of the crash. Until able to figure out the cause.

Its so unfortunate in Nigeria, hoodlums cover the whole area and see what valuables they can steal from the dead.
while law enforcement officers blow sirens just to get there and have a look.

The cause of this crash may not be investigated. Africa never does anything right, except perfect corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by eastman11: 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is horible, no pleasant news coming out of this country.
May God grant their soles rest.
Quote ''I feel bereived at d death of any human bc am involved in mankind''
Oh! God have mercy on us.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by folowo(m): 6:40pm On Jun 03, 2012
May God save us in 9ja. Why be say for this man time blood dey plenty for 9ja. . Today na plane crash and bomb for bauchi , b4 na boko haram
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by hunkyjohn(m): 6:41pm On Jun 03, 2012
afam4eva: I guess we may never get to know what happened on that flight because it seems there are no survivors.

Even if there aren't any survivors, the flight data recorder (aka black box), cockpit voice recorder and comms bw pilots and control center may tell us something. I hope the info is not covered up as I expect international experts will insist on transparency. Besides, the aircraft manufacturer's rep is at stake.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Akainzo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 03, 2012
shymmex:

You keep sounding dumber every time you post a comment.. Give up already!!

So, how was the plane able to fly for two minutes?? The engines were already on fire as soon as the plane left the ground..

I'm done with you anyways - don't derail the thread.

You are a dimwit. Even in the face of video evidences you are still not getting it. SMH

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by megawax8: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Goshes!!!!!! this is so a bad news....may thier souls rest in perfect peace

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by princeonx: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
Is the bellow statement because of the plane crash or you're simply high on something?

damola1: Nigeria needs to crash.. else this country won't move forward...

Dem take light... we kept quiet..

Dem close hospital.. we continue to keep quiet..

Dem put death trap road... we are happy.. and thanking God it's not us...

Dem dey bomb people... we are saying.. ' God thank you' it's not me and my family.. we are covered..

Planes sef...come join..

Nigerians better ready to say NO.. and NO.. we are all fools, me inclusive!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Revolva(m): 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
redsun: Nigeria is a dangerous to live in. It is like a land mine,out of pure negligence. I will rather walk from lagos to onitsha than travel by air in a nigerian managed aircraft in nigeria.
Look at this bomboklatt spiting balderdash oya waka na wether noby body go tell you na hand you go take reach onitsha by dat time ur leg go don paralyse, is there any where in the world where there is no plane crash even in develop nation it happens ok I beg make una suffry yab naija yes I know its messed up buy don't blame every disaster as if it only happens here
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by ThoniaSlim(f): 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
This is just sad. This has been indeed a sad day for Nigerians! I just read on Linda Ikeji's blog that it was the same plane that had an emergency landing few weeks back and yet nothing was done! I weep for my country!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by nduchucks: 6:43pm On Jun 03, 2012
May the souls of the dead RIP.

Where was the plane headed and/or where was it coming from? I'm getting conflicting reports which involve Abuja/Lagos or Lagos/Abuja.

GEJ needs to bring international investigators in ASAP. We must get to the bottom of this crash, I pray it is no worse than an unfortunate crash and that the incident does not become a game changer in our security challenges. Amu.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Afam4eva(m): 6:44pm On Jun 03, 2012
abanzi: To think that no Nigerian station is giving us live feeds an doing some investigative journalism on this issue right now is pathetic. There should be information on the passengers that boarded the plane by now. The traffic control department should also be able to provide some information on last minute details...
LTV is currently beaming it live but the quality of images are embarrassing.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by freshmoney(m): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
cryptic: even though you sound somewhat smart, you lack foresight in your reasoning. Somebody comes up and gives you an analysis all you do is come up here and spew crap. Like I always say, people with single digit iqs, with access to the Internet can always do and say shi.t online.

Mr triple digit IQ like Albert Eistein's. I may lack foresight, but I refused to be held in by any belief or myth, unlike you. And by the way, what silly analysis was he giving? For you to follow suit, you are a gullible chump that will accept any iota of 'analysis' either true or inexact without double-checking it. We truly shouldn't be a d.ck su.cker to anything, anybody!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by GoodDon: 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2012
Not again!
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by kael: 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
The plane was from abuja to Lagos. My aunt was on it
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by manny4life(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
May their souls RIP. Another Black Sunday for Nigeria.

First it was the Madalla Bomb Victims on Sunday that claimed lives, NOW THIS? cry cry cry cry cry cry

Shymmex and co, please yall should please quit the argument about Concorde, abeg the argument is not worth it. This thread is not the time and place for such... biko

1 Like

Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2012
afam4eva:
LTV is currently beaming it live but the quality of images are embarrassing.

God bless you. Finally the media is showing us something! Na wa for this country. watching it now.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by tellwisdom: 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
[size=15pt] shocked shocked shocked Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, Naira is abt to crash oooooo[/size]
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by princeonx: 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2012
vanitty: Sad.
Hope they all survive.
It's a plane crash not bicycle! Did you see all that flame/smoke?
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Biggyd2: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
kael: The plane was from abuja to Lagos. My aunt was on it

I am so sorry. May her soul rest in peace. Take heart, please.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by John311: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2012
RIP
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2012
Last time i was in Nigeria, i had to completely forfeit and cancel the flight ticket bought for me by my brother and take my trusted Ekene Dili Chukwu down to Enugu.

I do not just find Nigeria local flights eerie, i immensely detest them too.

Loud as a motor bike, even though you are supposed to be sitting inside, deplorable services and no rest of mind.

I have already crossed out Nigeria local flights in my life and i am always grateful that i did.

Inter-state hiace, toyota, coaster and Hi-lux mini buses, Nigeria local flights and to some extent Okada are Nigeria means of transportation that are worthless to me.

Cursed country.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Nezan(m): 6:50pm On Jun 03, 2012
What a black sunday? Lawd have mercy on us. May the soul of the departed RIPP.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by Aringon(m): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2012
@lindaikeji: Also heard that the plane that crashed today was the same plane that had landing gear problem in Uyo... http:///FDyA1cRx

IMAGINE THIS

Most plane crashes in Nigeria occur during the weekend pointing towards failure in regulatory oversight and company maintenance policies.
Re: Dana Airplane Crashed At Iju-Agbado, Ayinla Bus-Stop by question(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2012
About 3 weeks ago, a russian brand new plane with experienced pilot crashed in indonesia. Whether new or old plane, na God the protect person.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (25) (Reply)

My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander / Man Rides Bicycle Taller Than A Bus On Lagos Road (pics) / Obudu Mountain Resort Looks Like Europe But Nigerians Don't Value Their Own

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.