Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Google Buys Meebo - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google Buys Meebo (5562 Views)

Man Buys Nokia As Iphone From Computer Vilage In Lagos (Photos) / Google Buys Motorola For $12.5billion / Google Buys Motorola Mobility For $12.5b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google Buys Meebo by edicolove: 11:09pm On Jun 05, 2012
eezeebone:

Point well understood, Facebook puts the targetted in targetted advertising... and that's why i said Google is lagging behind. Whoever says Zuckerberg still treats Facebook as a dorm room fantasy is far from current. That dude changed the way the whole world interacts. He's equally as visionary as Google.

Unfortunately i disagree, Google basically started with providing services which you pay for. Facebook is on their tails with advertising, he's just not as hungry yet. But you have to agree that Google is driving its nuts hard to get that relationship thing going. Not yet there. Many Googlers have left of recent stating that the Google guys are obsessed about beating Facebook at its game. Facebook is a game changer, has altered the course of human communication entirely. Google may have created online business models but Facebook put the social in social media... and while Google is the one stop shop for search, people spend more computing time on Facebook. Hence Android model,... push out a cheap software and make people use your products which you brandish in their faces. Watch out, Facebook has a plan too.

Some of you make comments without good research. Are you aware facebook just started making profits less than 3 years ago? How can you compare Google and facebook. And you still don't understand what a business model is from what ypu wrote.you probably are a geek like Zukerberg.

Facebook has alternatives, Google is an empire. Tweeter has already surpassed facebook as the platform of choice for news. Do you think people use facebook for serious business relationships? Hardly! Facebook is for chat with friends and peers. Many people I know hardly use facebook these days. If you want to have business relationships, you go to linkedin or use your BB. Google on the other hand provide a string of services that make your life tick. Google is not search, search is Google. You should update yourself. Google doesn't even talk about search anymore because that's a synonym now. The are trying to setup the future of computing based on cloud and on-the-go devices. Its more like total networking, synergy and interoperability. Haven't you noticed that most websites now use Google search as their site search tool?

What Google is doing is the opposite of what facebook is doing. Facebook is trying so hard to keep you within their space and are promising they can help you within that space. But Google is allowing you to create, manage and run your space freely while they provide you the tools and gadgets you require to succeed. Facebook takes away your identity, Google helps you to build an identity. Do you realise that as a facebbok user, you have a facebook email? But have you ever asked yourself why no one uses their facebook email.

There is a way facebook is perceived and it will take a lot to change that perception in the eye of the public
Re: Google Buys Meebo by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 06, 2012
edicolove:

Some of you make comments without good research. Are you aware facebook just started making profits less than 3 years ago? How can you compare Google and facebook. And you still don't understand what a business model is from what ypu wrote.you probably are a geek like Zukerberg.

Facebook has alternatives, Google is an empire. Tweeter has already surpassed facebook as the platform of choice for news. Do you think people use facebook for serious business relationships? Hardly! Facebook is for chat with friends and peers. Many people I know hardly use facebook these days. If you want to have business relationships, you go to linkedin or use your BB. Google on the other hand provide a string of services that make your life tick. Google is not search, search is Google. You should update yourself. Google doesn't even talk about search anymore because that's a synonym now. The are trying to setup the future of computing based on cloud and on-the-go devices. Its more like total networking, synergy and interoperability. Haven't you noticed that most websites now use Google search as their site search tool?

What Google is doing is the opposite of what facebook is doing. Facebook is trying so hard to keep you within their space and are promising they can help you within that space. But Google is allowing you to create, manage and run your space freely while they provide you the tools and gadgets you require to succeed. Facebook takes away your identity, Google helps you to build an identity. Do you realise that as a facebbok user, you have a facebook email? But have you ever asked yourself why no one uses their facebook email.

There is a way facebook is perceived and it will take a lot to change that perception in the eye of the public

For lack of time i will state just a few corrections:
1. It's "Twitter" not "Tweeter"
2. Facebook is used for serious business,... if u are lost for examples, look up BranchOut
3. Just like Facebook, when Google started, they first gained traction before deciding on a business model. You may need to research how long it took Twitter (Tweeter) to make a dime
4. Please help explain what u mean by " Google is allowing you to create, manage and run your space'... makes no sense
5. Facebook is the reason people started putting real names and data online.... how does Google give you (edicolove) an identity?
6. Same way Facebook e-mail hasn't taken off, many many Google products have not as well. So please, learn a bit about strategy.
7. Lastly, if you think Google is not about search, you need to have your e-business education re-examined. I'd give you a few links to clarify your doubts:

Better shopping with the Seller Ratings extension for mobile
http://googlemobileads..co.uk/2010/12/better-shopping-with-seller-ratings.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+GoogleMobileAdsBlog+(Google+Mobile+Ads+Blog)
OPENING LINE "Everyday consumers are using their phones to search Google and a growing number are turning to mobile to complete a variety of purchases. In fact, according to internal Google data, in Q3 Google searches from mobile devices grew 130% year over year."

Google's Android: A Billion-Dollar Ad Business In 2012?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavitz/2011/02/08/googles-android-a-billion-dollar-ad-business-in-2012/
"ointing out that Google has said it is on a $1 billion annual run-rate in mobile advertising, he estimates that the company had $850 million total mobile revenue in 2010, with Android generating about 16% of the total, or around $130 million, which would translate to $5.90 per Android user"

Mobile Web ramping up 8x faster than Internet: Google
http://www.mobilemarketer.com/cms/news/content/12365.html
Ninety-five percent of smartphone owners use their devices to search, showing how brands need to have a mobile search strategy in addition to desktop initiatives to keep up with connected consumers.

Google thrives on search and their entire strategy is to direct people to search on their platform. If you need help understanding Google's strategy, i can help.

You may want to research why they are leaving desktop to colonize mobile.... I can help you with info there too.

I'm kinda busy now so you can get on your research cap and get learning.
Re: Google Buys Meebo by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 06, 2012
@edicolove And by the way, Bill Gates, Larry Page and Sergey Brin (if you know who the last two are) are also Geeks. Get your facts at all.
Re: Google Buys Meebo by unclenna(m): 10:26am On Jun 06, 2012
Am really enjoying this intelligent comments here but let me say sth: Fb only problem is trying to conqure there mobile problem. Fb does not have d ability 4 nw to post advert on there mobile page. But they r working on that, that's y the want to buy opera....has this ever come to your mind that fb may integrate their mobile with its own network to connect his 1billon users just like BB. Is possible.
Re: Google Buys Meebo by noOnelikeM: 10:47pm On Jun 06, 2012
@ediclove

I don't think you understand how Google gets its money or it sound so from your statements.
Google is wonderful in search, research, finding stuff Thats all nice. But thats not what makes it worth that much. Its advertisement like i previously said more specifically text advertisement.
Ediclove you are looking at it from the wrong side. Not the user side, look at it from the people paying google. the advertisers.

Once facebook finds/perfects the way to conveniently advertise products to you. I mean.
where on earth will you get the kind of info Facebook has on people. There real name, where they live, age, sex, what they like, what they are interested in, where they work. jezuz....Advertisers will pay huge money for only one of those info. talkless of a combination of them. Even the Government does not have that kind of info on people..lol

@uchenna..
wow that BB thing seems possible But i dont think they will go down that route. I think they will work with the opera team to figure out advertisement on mobile first.
Imagine advertising on mobile, check for somewhere to eat, repair flat tire, do something, or randomly search for interesting things on your mobile. It shows you a list of locations or activities real people have done in that area. Kai...I will pay good money so my restuarant or my shop appears in that link.
Re: Google Buys Meebo by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 08, 2012
Ignoring the business implications of the IPO deal and other irrelevances to this topic...

@ediclove et al....Read a bit of the article below and you'd see that Facebook is used for "serious" business.

GM and Ford Highlight Facebook's Challenges, Opportunities
http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2012/06/gm_and_ford_highlight_facebook.html?awid=7847145639436335733-3271
Re: Google Buys Meebo by bush4ker(m): 8:00am On Dec 31, 2012
dats good news for we android users

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia Smashes It Again!!! / My New Infinix Hot Note Is Hanging Guys...help / ALERT !!! How Many Of You Experience This On Your Phone ?? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.