Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? (4407 Views)

How You Study When You have a Ph.D in Reading / Nigerian Students Generally Study The Wrong Majors At Undergrad Level / Would You Study The Same Course Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by olawalebabs(m): 1:26pm On Jun 05, 2012
Many factors determine the student course of study in the higher institution, some people are 'technically' bar from studying some courses, not because they don't like it or not qualify but simply because one of his/her sibling has already studied it. Example, if your brother is a lawyer, you may be bar from also becoming a lawyer. Will you accept that?
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by lifestyle1(m): 12:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
What matters is what you have passion for. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Jun 07, 2012
life_style: What matters is what you have passion for. undecided
Exactly.

Are you guys saying that if you have a passion fro something, you should drop it because your sibling has passion for the same thing? Why can't your sibling drop it for you.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by blank(f): 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2012
My father, sister and i studied same course. Kini big deal?
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by id2010(m): 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2012
Is there anything wrong with that?
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by eDontey1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 07, 2012
It all depends on our passion, often times our passions are influenced by those we see as our role models which may be our parents or our elder ones and we tend to follow their footsteps. I've seen a family which 2 of their children studied computer science, other 2 studied computer engineering and the only girl studied elect-elect and they are all doing very well.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by nwanioma(f): 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2012
I studied same course as my sister. There is absolutly no big deal in it!
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by kaiter: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
Nice post thanks for sharing.[img]http://www.lzxin.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by sonyjacobs(m): 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2012
I remember Dafinone the famous accounting family. Every member of d family are all chartered accountant. Its in guiness book of record
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by olawalebabs(m): 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
sonyjacobs: Dafinone the famous accounting family. Every member of d family are all chartered accountant. Its in guiness book of record
What about you,will you go for same?
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by sonyjacobs(m): 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2012
if i have passion for d profession i will. Presently am working as an account officer of which i studied marketing. Now i have fallen in love with d accounting profesion 2 d extend that am planning for my ICAN. The love for d profesion is what matters
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by sadyeek(m): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2012
[size=16pt]I thought about it, almost studied architecture, but I gave it some serious thought and realised its not for me, its for people with charisma and charm, out going that kind of thing! Electrical I ddnt because my bro studied it, so I felt its somehow to have two electrical in the house.. Am glad that I thought in that way and didn't study electrical..[/size]
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2012
@OP, I really hope you're a dropout 'cause if not, you should be "bar" from "studies" English.
#JustSayin'
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by ikee(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2012
life_style: What matters is what you have passion for. undecided
100% Right.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by beylinko(m): 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2012
Notin is wrong studin d same course has ur siblings. An uncle of mine is a lawyer n 2 of his children r lawyers while 1 is stil in sch studin d same profession.
Although i studied agric eng'rin, 2 of ma siblins are studin agricultural related courses... So no big deal. It will only remain a big deal if we dont hv a multimillon dollars agricultural establishment in d near future.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by sanchez4eva: 2:43pm On Jun 07, 2012
There is nothin wrong wit it..In some cases it may even be to τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ advantage of τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ family...Lyk setting up a clinic dat can be run by a family filled wit medical professionals...My bro is studyin medicine,I m studying Optometry...I knw a family that all τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ children are studyin Accounting...Nothing dey sup
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by cowgurl: 2:47pm On Jun 07, 2012
@Topic, I won't. It's just cool to have different professions in the home, where everyone is their own boss. And about having passion for something, yeah! But it's not only on one thing, we could have passion for lots of stuff.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by emsquare(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2012
Why? Will study it...
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by freemanrule: 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
am studing socoilogy jst like one of my family menber did.so nting bad in its
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by olsmade(m): 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
Yes I did - with my siblings and my father.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by solelymade: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2012
What a ?
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by goldng: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
Sure... smiley smiley smiley
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by damilola15: 6:05pm On Jun 07, 2012
No. But this is what I want.

Father - General medicine
Mother - Gynecologist
1st born - Dentist
2nd born - Ophthalmologist
3rd born - Surgeon
4th born - Pediatrician
5th born - Cardiologist
6th born - Haematologist
7th born - Medical school (psychiatrist)

At least we're not in the "same medicine".
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by olawalebabs(m): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2012
damilola15: No. But this is what I want.

Mother - Gynecologist
1st born - Dentist
3rd born - Surgeon
4th born - Pediatrician
5th born - Cardiologist
6th born - Hematologist

ok, what is the difference between 6 and half a dozen.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by slimyem: 6:45pm On Jun 07, 2012
i don't like the idea of the whole family in a band wagon but who i'm to stop anyone from their dreams?
...and who is anyone to stop me from mine?cheesycheesy
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by Tattooboy: 7:02pm On Jun 07, 2012
@op no big deal
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by TANCO: 7:38pm On Jun 07, 2012
sonyjacobs: I remember Dafinone the famous accounting family. Every member of d family are all chartered accountant. Its in guiness book of record
It always common in foriegn country but in Naija its rare.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by damilola15: 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2012
olawalebabs: ok, what is the difference between 6 and half a dozen.
(Figure) 6 is a number while "half a dozen" is a phrase.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by Ijeawele(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2012
@OP, my 2 elder brothers and I studied the same course.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by beylinko(m): 3:17am On Jun 08, 2012
damilola15: No. But this is what I want.

Mother - Gynecologist
1st born - Dentist
3rd born - Surgeon
4th born - Pediatrician
5th born - Cardiologist
6th born - Haematologist

wow! Are u for real? If dis is true ur popsy tried o.
Re: Will You Study The Same Course As Your Sibling? by pak: 6:18am On Jun 08, 2012
blank: My father, sister and i studied same course. Kini big deal?

Funny enough, the scenario is similar for me.
My dad, my sister and I studied the same course. (though am male, anyway)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hello, Nigerian Law School, Abuja Students! / Top 16 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria / Adekunle Ajasin University 2013/2014 Admission.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.