Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

About My Career - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / About My Career (2736 Views)

I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / My Career Dilemma / Pls I'm Confused I Need Advise On My Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 6:58pm On Jun 05, 2012
i had wanted to become a chartered accountant from my younger days, but unfortunately i could not due to my parent financial condition. i finished my o'level in 1993. after my ssce, i enter construction work as iron bender since 1994, after 18 years!, i would like to back to school. please my seniors can still go back to study at this age? i love to be somebody in life. please i need your advice.
Re: About My Career by yamakuza: 2:21am On Jun 11, 2012
Yes, you can!
[s]
Securing admission might just be your greatest challenge.[/s]
Re: About My Career by nitrogen(m): 7:40am On Jun 11, 2012

2 Likes

Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 4:08pm On Jul 24, 2012
please, bros, if i register with ACCA now at this my age, what would i gain, and is there any hope for me in term of employement? please i need your advice urgently. thanks.
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2012
I am waiting for your response my senior!
Re: About My Career by BAKAREAAT(m): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2012
Please ,take it easy .
How old are you?
Are you married?
what is your status as per iron bending work so that i can counsel you properly.
Please ,dont forget that you must face the reality of the time.
at the same time you must not fail to keep your body & soul together
since you have lost 18 years which you suppose to have use part of it for upgrading yourself.
Just give me adequate information and be free so that will advice on what to do.
Thank You
Taiwo(ACA,SAP Fi Certified)

2 Likes

Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 2:34pm On Jul 25, 2012
i appreciate your readiness to give me advice. 'am very grateful, as per the question you asked, i am 37 years old, am married and have two kids. I am just an ordinary iron bender without any rank but i love to be a chartered accountant!
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25, 2012
Please i am waiting for your advice urgently bros T and the members of the house!
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 2:57pm On Jul 25, 2012
Respond please!
Re: About My Career by yommy2sure(m): 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
In as much as I wont want to sound like some pessimist, I think becoming chattered is still possible but by the time u get there (or even now) using that to get a good job might be near impossible looking at your age...but getting there will make u better fulfilled and then u can use the knowlege to better ur present business...my thoughts.
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 9:16am On Jul 26, 2012
I really regretted that i didn't use part of the 18 years to achive my aim.... but now that '' is almost impossible for me to secure job after the qualification, considering the age, please what step shall i take now. I am getting frustrated day by day for remembering that i am an iron bender. Please what should i do now? i need your candid advice!
Re: About My Career by benJAVA: 11:29am On Jul 26, 2012
Sir, if u have O-Level, consider National Open Universite of Nigeria, but i'll advice u go 4 less technical course like biz admin, LASPOTECH or YABATECH PT programs are anothe option, meanwhile u may even enjoy some waver
Re: About My Career by yamakuza: 5:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
mufmarufali2: I really regretted that i didn't use part of the 18 years to achive my aim.... but now that '' is almost impossible for me to secure job after the qualification, considering the age, please what step shall i take now. I am getting frustrated day by day for remembering that i am an iron bender. Please what should i do now? i need your candid advice!

are you not making money as an iron bender?

it appears whatever certs you acquire at this stage will only make you more fulfilled, not necessarily richer.
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 5:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
Not bcs i want to be richer really, i know God enriched whom He wants, but to change the parttern of my life, to leave labour work(iron bender) and indeed to fulfill my life desire! i dont want to continue as I.B. for the rest of my life, please what should i do?
Re: About My Career by yamakuza: 5:52pm On Jul 26, 2012
mufmarufali2: Not bcs i want to be richer really, i know God enriched whom He wants, but to change the parttern of my life, to leave labour work(iron bender) and indeed to fulfill my life desire! i dont want to continue as I.B. for the rest of my life, please what should i do?

why not choose a technical course so that you can bring your experience to bear when seeking for jobs?
[s]
you can always pick up ICAN when you retire.
[/s]
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 6:15pm On Jul 26, 2012
Technical course? although i have 3 in physics and 6 in further mths, but that is a long time ago! ok, you said the experience that i' ve got would be useful while seeking for job, how and which technical course do you recommend bros?
Re: About My Career by yamakuza: 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2012
mufmarufali2: Technical course? although i have 3 in physics and 6 in further mths, but that is a long time ago! ok, you said the experience that i' ve got would be useful while seeking for job, how and which technical course do you recommend bros?

if you are considering university education, mechanical engineering sounds good.

if you are considering certifications, Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) isnt bad. others include PDMS, AutoCAD, etc.

however, since you maintain that you just want to have the ACCA for keepsake, you can go ahead with it.

nobody knows tomorrow, so you just might end up working as an accountant!
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2012
thank you very much my bros. you see, i prefer electrical eng. to M.E. so that i can be able to be self-employed or what do you think bros?
Re: About My Career by yamakuza: 9:57pm On Jul 26, 2012
mufmarufali2: thank you very much my bros. you see, i prefer electrical eng. to M.E. so that i can be able to be self-employed or what do you think bros?

Elect. is also very good.

you are not doing Accounting again?
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 10:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
I really love to be an accountant, infact that's where my passion lies. But due to the point you made- that to use the cert. would probably be impossible for employement purpose,due to my age, and i want to leave what i'm doing presently, i have no choice than to do something now to leave the work but i have strong passion for accounting.

1 Like

Re: About My Career by BAKAREAAT(m): 11:29am On Jul 27, 2012
Please my brother be real to yourself and think deep and see the situation on Ground and pray for God Guidance and wisdom.
Again be a decision maker and taker so that what you trying to do will not be confused with sentiment

1 Like

Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 9:57am On Jul 28, 2012
Thanks Seniors!
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 12:35pm On Jul 30, 2012
@yamakuza, please i want you to explain this statement for me-- you said having ACCA at this stage would only make me fulfilled?? make me fulfilled as in what? i think i can't use it for any purpose! please, can any house member explain this in detail?
Re: About My Career by udoka2: 3:27pm On Jul 30, 2012
He means, making you fufiled as in achieving your childhood passion of becoming an Accountant, irrespective of your inability of of getting job with the ACCA certificate in future.

I however second the advice Yamakuza gave you above, it will be very good to study a course in line with what you are currently doing, with certificate and experience, l know you will land yourself a very good job and learning will also be easy for you!

1 Like

Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 5:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
I 'm very grateful, udoka2, for your explanation, you see, it means that i should leave Accountancy for Engineering? but remember, i said earlier that i was an iron bender. How can this count as for experience matter after graduation?? i don't really understand.
Re: About My Career by lolaoye(f): 12:50am On Aug 01, 2012
mufmarufali2: i had wanted to become a chartered accountant from my younger days, but unfortunately i could not due to my parent financial condition. i finished my o'level in 1993. after my ssce, i enter construction work as iron bender since 1994, after 18 years!, i would like to back to school. please my seniors can still go back to study at this age? i love to be somebody in life. please i need your advice.

Anything is possible but it is better to face reality... I will advice you to take a technical course in a technology institute...If you live in Lagos, check out Yaba tech or so....you can take Electrical technician or even take an engineering course....After achieving that, you could just take a Business diploma to improve your management skills...it is high time Nigeria universities includes business modules into thier courses.

1 Like

Re: About My Career by udoka2: 9:23am On Aug 01, 2012
mufmarufali2: I 'm very grateful, udoka2, for your explanation, you see, it means that i should leave Accountancy for Engineering? but remember, i said earlier that i was an iron bender. How can this count as for experience matter after graduation?? i don't really understand.

If you study mechanical engineering, major in Construction and Fabrication, which is in line with what you do. You are called an Iron Bender because you are not educated. with experience and education, you will become a construction and fabrication Engineer and no longer an Iron bender. In Oil & Gas industry u will be a hot cake, even if you can become a certified Welder...make enquiry you will be surprised how much a certified welder earns a day in O&G industry..because they are hard to come by!

1 Like

Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2012
Thank you all, may Almighty God bless you. Please, give me information about the CWI certification, the registeration, course duration and fees for the cert. And generally how i can go about it?
Re: About My Career by mufmarufali2(m): 9:45am On Nov 19, 2012
Please seniors, i am an iron bender, not welder, there's a different between iron bender and welder.While welder can construct and fabricate "things," iron bender can not. what iron bender does is to prepare and fix iron detailing designed by structural engineer in a building construction. With this explanation, my professionals, what can i do i want to leave this iron bender work, please i need your advise!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oracle Certification Guide: Overview And Career / Words Of Success That Can Challenge A Man's Life For Ever! / Meristem Securities Job Test... Please What Should I Expect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.