Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,636 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? (939 Views)

A Time Without Satan The Devil In The World!!! / Size Comparison Of Our Earth To Other Stars. A Time To Appreciate The Vastness / Time Machine Finally Invented (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy: 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2012
Seriously, I would go and kidnap Jesus, Muhammed and Moses. Stop us from having all these divisions in religion! c grin grin grin grin
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by cyrexx: 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2012
I will prefer use the time machine to fast forward into that future in human history where everybody's eyes will be opened to have seen religion for what it truly is - a deceptive tool of tyranny and control to provide a false hope for the deluded. That is the world i want to live in.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy: 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2012
cyrexx: I will prefer use the time machine to fast forward into that future in human history where everybody's eyes will be opened to have seen religion for what it truly is - a deceptive tool of tyranny and control to provide a false hope for the deluded. That is the world i want to live in.

That future doesnt exist without totally debunking religion in the first place.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2012
I would like yes! ...
I would tell Jesus all the crap that Christians and Islamic people speak it.
The profit that pastors do with tithing thieves ...
Yes, I would ...
And see how the poor man cries, lowering his head, and decides to commit suicide ...
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy: 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2012
Ptolomeus: I would like yes! ...
I would tell Jesus all the crap that Christians and Islamic people speak it.
The profit that pastors do with tithing thieves ...
Yes, I would ...
And see how the poor man cries, lowering his head, and decides to commit suicide ...
jajaja

Agreed!
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2012
logicboy:
jajaja

Agreed!
Life without a little happiness does not make sense ...
Truth dear friend?
This Sunday we play against Peru ... This time we'll see if we can!
Vamo' arriba la celeste!
Un afectuoso abrazo querido amigo!
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2012
What would you do or ask if you met Jesus?
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by thehomer: 10:43pm On Jun 26, 2012
Here's a thought.

Source

Maybe kidnapping them happens after they're dead or it gets interpreted as them being dead.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 10:47pm On Jun 26, 2012
thehomer: Here's a thought.

Source

Maybe kidnapping them happens after they're dead or it gets interpreted as them being dead.

Have you heard of the grandfather paradox? You're saying something like that!
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by ZUBY77(m): 3:58am On Jun 27, 2012
I will just zoom off into the universe to see if there is Heaven. If i found one, i will return to tell the World
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 9:11am On Jun 27, 2012
ZUBY77: I will just zoom off into the universe to see if there is Heaven. If i found one, i will return to tell the World

Time machine not spaceship.

As for heaven, spiritual dimension is spiritual and not in space.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by PastorKun(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:

As for heaven, spiritual dimension is spiritual and not in space.

Hmmmmm an atheist who believes in spiritual dimensions and heaven; very interesting grin
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by aletheia(m): 10:13am On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:

Actually in a sort of way it is. Study some more.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 10:16am On Jun 27, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Hmmmmm an atheist who believes in spiritual dimensions and heaven; very interesting grin

nope....this is sci-fi.

Dont believe in heaven
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 10:17am On Jun 27, 2012
aletheia:

nope. its not.

We are talking about time on EARTH
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by aletheia(m): 12:03pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:

nope. its not.

We are talking about time on EARTH

Your petulant post just goes to show that you really don't have a grasp of what you are talking about. How is "Time on earth" different from Time elsewhere?

You said:
logicboy01:
And for emphasis I repeat:
aletheia:
You are still thinking in Euclidean terms.
Einstein's theories support my position. Now go study a bit more else you 'll continue talking through your hat.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 12:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
aletheia:

Your petulant post just goes to show that you really don't have a grasp of what you are talking about. How is "Time on earth" different from Time elsewhere?

And for emphasis I repeat:

You are still thinking in Euclidean terms.
Einstein's theories support my position. Now go study a bit more else you 'll continue talking through your hat.

Does the moon or mars or venus rotate at the same rate as the earth? Hmm?

If you were living on planets, your calculation of days and night would be different.

If you are thinking of wormholes, those wormholes better be on earth or you are entering another time in another galaxy
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by aletheia(m): 12:39pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:
Does the moon or mars or venus rotate at the same rate as the earth? Hmm?

It is quite clear now that you haven't the foggiest notion of what Time is, or what Time travel entails. For starters go here

"Wormholes"? grin Clearly, you don't understand what these are. Are they the only theoretical forms of time travel?

You have a romanticized view of time travel. In some respects: Space Travel is Time Travel.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2012
aletheia:

It is quite clear now that you haven't the foggiest notion of what Time is, or what Time travel entails. For starters go here

"Wormholes"? grin Clearly, you don't understand what these are. Are they the only theoretical forms of time travel?

You have a romanticized view of time travel. In some respects: Space Travel is Time Travel.

I will leave you to confuse yourself. The very fact that I mentioned wormholes in time travel shows that I know what I am talking about. You are free to continue yapping about
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by thehomer: 6:57pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:

Have you heard of the grandfather paradox? You're saying something like that!

Yeah I have. It is just a comic illustrating a sort of joke about the idea.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by aletheia(m): 7:47pm On Jun 27, 2012
logicboy01:
I will leave you to confuse yourself. The very fact that I mentioned wormholes in time travel shows that I know what I am talking about. You are free to continue yapping about
"Mentioned wormholes"... grin This proves nothing. Id[i]i[/i]ot-savants may sound intelligible but nonetheless they remain i[b]di[/b]ots. I dropped several hints earlier directing you to the Special Theory of Relativity but you prefer to wallow in ignorance. You provide an illustration of this quote:

A little learning is a dangerous thing;
Drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
There shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
And drinking largely sobers us again.

aletheia:
. . .In some respects: Space Travel is Time Travel.

Now your education will proceed. Be humble enough to learn.

Unifying space and time

Einstein’s theory of special relativity created a fundamental link between space and time. The universe can be viewed as having three space dimensions — up/down, left/right, forward/backward — and one time dimension. This 4-dimensional space is referred to as the space-time continuum.

If you move fast enough through space, the observations that you make about space and time differ somewhat from the observations of other people, who are moving at different speeds.

You can picture this for yourself by understanding the thought experiment depicted in this figure. Imagine that you’re on a spaceship and holding a laser so it shoots a beam of light directly up, striking a mirror you’ve placed on the ceiling. The light beam then comes back down and strikes a detector.

(Top) You see a beam of light go up, bounce off the mirror, and come straight down. (Bottom) Amber sees the beam travel along a diagonal path.

However, the spaceship is traveling at a constant speed of half the speed of light (0.5c, as physicists would write it). According to Einstein, this makes no difference to you — you can’t even tell that you’re moving. However, if astronaut Amber were spying on you, as in the bottom of the figure, it would be a different story.

Amber would see your beam of light travel upward along a diagonal path, strike the mirror, and then travel downward along a diagonal path before striking the detector. In other words, you and Amber would see different paths for the light and, more importantly, those paths aren’t even the same length. This means that the time the beam takes to go from the laser to the mirror to the detector must also be different for you and Amber so that you both agree on the speed of light.

This phenomenon is known as time dilation, where the time on a ship moving very quickly appears to pass slower than on Earth.

As strange as it seems, this example (and many others) demonstrates that in Einstein’s theory of relativity, space and time are intimately linked together. If you apply Lorentz transformation equations, they work out so that the speed of light is perfectly consistent for both observers.

This strange behavior of space and time is only evident when you’re traveling close to the speed of light, so no one had ever observed it before. Experiments carried out since Einstein’s discovery have confirmed that it’s true — time and space are perceived differently, in precisely the way Einstein described, for objects moving near the speed of light.

Source: Einstein's Special Relativity - For Dummies
Also try and look up the Twin paradox
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
aletheia:
Mentioned wormholes... grin This proves nothing. Id[i]i[/i]ot-savants may sound intelligible but nonetheless they remain i[b]di[/b]ots. I dropped several hints earlier directing you to the Special Theory of Relativity but you prefer to wallow in ignorance. You provide quite a trite illustration of this quote:

Now your education will proceed. Be humble enough to learn.

Also try and look up the Twin paradox

The time travel I am talking about is time travel into the past. Lets see how you come back from that. grin
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by aletheia(m): 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
^Story. Here is your progression:
logicboy01:
^
aletheia:
^
logicboy01:
nope. its not.
^
aletheia:
You are still thinking in Euclidean terms. . .Einstein's theories support my position.

In some respects: Space Travel is Time Travel.

. . .try and look up the Twin paradox
^
logicboy01:
The time travel I am talking about is time travel into the past. Lets see how you come back from that. grin

Conclusion: You didn't know that:
aletheia:
In some respects: Space Travel is Time Travel.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by lepasharon(f): 8:09pm On Jun 27, 2012
i would go back in time and see the ancient eyptians and if they were truly black undecided cheesy
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 8:11pm On Jun 27, 2012
aletheia: ^Story.

lol...you were talking about futuristic time travel, I was talking about going to the past.
Re: What Would You Do With A Time Machine? Visit Jesus? by logicboy01: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2012
lepasharon: i would go back in time and see the ancient eyptians and if they were truly black undecided cheesy

Nice one

(1) (Reply)

The Three Kinds Of Men You Should Consider Before You Marry / Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. / Christianity In Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.