Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,744 members, 7,955,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:46 PM

Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. (953 Views)

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Quotes. / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by mantraa: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2012
Please help with your ideas on how to set up a tv channel for freethinkers and atheists. In the uk on sky satellite tv there are about 20 Christian channels and even more Muslim channels.
I feel the time is right to take the logical next step and set up a tv channel based on real science, rational thinking, atheism, and reason.
There is an overwhelming wealth of great programmes that can be shown on it from televised debates, atheist conferences, documentaries, comedies like the mr deity series, utube videos from the thinking atheist, www.thethinkingatheist.com the atheist experience, www.theatheistexperience.com etc, some of the good videos from the Richard Dawkins foundation for reason and science website www.richarddawkins.net (check out Sean faircloths speeches with excellent points about how churches abuse their tax exemption, that people just don't know about).

If we had a tv channel that people who were just channel hopping from the sofa could find I think it would be a great success as there are many apathetic atheists and cultural christians etc out there who need to be informed.
We could encourage secular and freethinking groups to advertise themselves and promote events and raise money to fund the channel.
Even if it just showed videos, it won't need a studio or presenters.

I would like some help with ideas to get a channel on air as soon as possible.
Where do I start, and how much will it cost?
If I have to fund it all myself I would. I just need some guidance.

Thanks
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by mantraa: 8:23pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by mantraa: 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by MacDaddy01: 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2012
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by onetrack(m): 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2012
I think the biggest forum for atheists in the world has to be www.reddit.com, maybe you already know it. They might have some suggestions.

http://www.reddit.com/r/atheism/ (a bit heavy on pictures and memes, sometimes it is pretty juvenile)
http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueAtheism/ (much better discussion than /r/atheism)
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by mantraa: 7:34pm On Aug 22, 2012
thanks for the links.
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by jayriginal: 10:20pm On Aug 22, 2012
Mantraa,

you might want to look into Edward Current's youtube channel. He does some nice satire.
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by Purist(m): 11:19pm On Aug 22, 2012
This guy, Evid3nc3, makes pretty good videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Evid3nc3
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by mantraa: 11:35pm On Aug 24, 2012
Thanks.
heres another very interesting video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCP5rKr5SOM
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by Callotti: 11:14am On Aug 25, 2012
Good job! May your TV channel prosper. Enough of ignorance! Time for some light! cool
Re: Atheist TV Channel. Ideas, Advice And Help Required Please. by mantraa: 1:20am On Feb 20, 2013
in the uk there is information tv http://information.tv/Clientservices/ who charge £500 for 1 hour of airtime on their channel on sky satellite tv, virgin cable, and freeview tv.

I think it would be a good idea to buy 50 x 1 hour slots to show once a week for a year. Then i can have all the great videos on youtube that theists will never search for broadcast directly into their homes. With free advertising on popular atheist websites promoting the channel (www.richarddawkins.net has over a million hits a month) and maybe a little controversy with theists trying to get it shut down citing blasphemy (even though they have scores of channels constantly insulting non believers).

I think it will be a great way to raise awareness amongst believers of the arguments against religions that they would not otherwise be made aware of. Just by surfing the channels on tv they could come across a christopher hitchens debate, or an episode of the atheist experience, or a documentary about helen ukpabio and her child witch videos. etc. Theists need to know how harmful their supernatural beliefs can be to innocent people who are accused of witchcraft, to non believers who are accused of blasphemy and apostacy, to gays who are accused of sodomy. all of which are punishible by death according to the judeo-christian and muslim holy books.

(1) (Reply)

Who's Your Favourite Bible Personality? / Book Review : The Doctrine Of Trinity: Christianity's Self-inflicted Wound / Bomb Blast In Zaria....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.