Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,626 members, 7,809,337 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords (4276 Views)

How To Force Users To Change Passwords In Wordpress – Expire Password / Why You Should Change From ..com To Yourname.com / 25 Worst Passwords Of 2011 [study] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 09, 2012
the hashing itself is done to prevent access even if data is compromised like in this case
however, the site is a smart way to make you give them the password.

ask yourself, why didnt they tell you to type ur username instead? most users also tend to use same passwords for group of sites they believe are safe
leaving all your mail accounts, godaddy domains,facebook, twitter at their mercy
thanks to leakedin
Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Slyr0x: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2012
webdezzi:

i already have a 6.5 million list of ALL usernames and corresponding passwords

Wrong assertion bro. .Usernames didn't get leaked. ..
Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 09, 2012
Slyr0x:

Wrong assertion bro. .Usernames didn't get leaked. ..
you sound like "the thief broke into the bank, got access to the cash in the vault but never got access to the computers, checkbooks, stamp pads, and everything else"

the username resides very close to the passwords (common practice), if not side by side in same database table.
Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Slyr0x: 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2012
webdezzi:
you sound like "the thief broke into the bank, got access to the cash in the vault but never got access to the computers, checkbooks, stamp pads, and everything else"

the username resides very close to the passwords (common practice), if not side by side in same database table.

Why not stick to what we were told? The story goes "6.5 Million Linkedin passwords stolen". .Up till date, the websec community still doesn't know how those hackers broke in and even Linkedin officials haven't said anything concrete as to how the breach happened. .

Let's not start mixing assumptions with facts. .
Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 09, 2012
whats the assumption here, just telling guys not to give out their passwords on that scam site.
all passwords was leaked. no need checking.
Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Ajibel(m): 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2012
I'm not on LinkedIn but when i was ego surfing on google last week, i found my nme attached into LinkedIn directory, does it mean i have automatically an account there cuz i know quite well i never signed up for linkedin
Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Slyr0x: 12:07am On Jun 10, 2012
webdezzi: whats the assumption here, just telling guys not to give out their passwords on that scam site.
all passwords was leaked. no need checking.

Another wrong assumption bro. .Linkedin has more than 150Million Users. .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinkedIn. .Only 6.5million passwords outta the 150million+ passwords were leaked. .
Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 10, 2012
oh maybe you are right.

maybe the hackers did not dump all users table, maybe they just SELECT...LIMIT 0,65000000
Re: 6.5 Million Linkedin Passwords Stolen - Users Should Change Passwords by Logansmith: 7:16am On Jan 06, 2022
Contact Intelligence - Lix is a new online application that lets you export your first connections to XML or CSV format. You can now use the tool to download your connections' phone numbers, messages, and other contact information.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Best (pay Per Click) PPC Adnetworks For Publisher / Is There Any Nigeria Host Running Softaculous? / How To Register And Install Free SSL Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.