Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,942 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

The Story Behind Your Nickname - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Story Behind Your Nickname (1637 Views)

The True Story Behind St Valentine- Saint Of Love / What Was Your Nickname Back In School / What Was Your Nickname In School And Why ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story Behind Your Nickname by Zahymaka(m): 10:52am On Apr 02, 2006
Almost everyone's got a nickname from friends or at least a pet name. What's yours and what's the story behind it? Did you name yourself or your friends, family or even your enemies named you? Just wondering.

Zahymaka is really Z.A. Hymaka. Z is for Zuksy [one of my nicknames] A is Azuka. The Hymaka [pronounced High-Marker] name was formed in school between two of my best friends and I.

We picked the last two letters of our names and created a "brand name." We loved it because we were actually high-markers in school. Of course they went by OZ Hymaka and T2 Hymaka.

Who's Next?
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by Skidoc(m): 10:55am On Apr 02, 2006
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by folkzy(f): 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2006
When i was in Nigeria junior school [Jss1 -Jss3] ppl used to call me 'sisipelebe' - meaning skinnygirl. because i was skinny. When i came to london ppl started calling me funky/funkky because my name is funke. God help. Actually i dont mind
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by johnnyc9(m): 9:16pm On Apr 16, 2006
mine's so simple. am john chukwunonso ifuma by name. when i first got into school, i used to act like the mr. quite guy and move like i no nothing, so dudes used to call me johnny just come, and u know, bin a fine boy nah, gurlz wud flock round me but i just chill so they used to call me chuksy as in pet name. after a short while, i became a soccer star and ma fav. number was 9 so all guys used to call me johhnychuks9, for short, johhnyc9 or jc9. that it
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by mukina2: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2006
Zahymaka:

Almost everyone's got a nickname from friends or at least a pet name. What's yours and what's the story behind it? Did you name yourself or your friends, family or even your enemies named you? Just wondering.

Zahymaka is really Z.A. Hymaka. Z is for Zuksy [one of my nicknames] A is Azuka. The Hymaka [pronounced High-Marker] name was formed in school between two of my best friends and I.

We picked the last two letters of our names and created a "brand name." We loved it because we were actually high-markers in school. Of course they went by OZ Hymaka and T2 Hymaka.

Who's Next?

hmmm never knew . .

mine's a combination of two of my names cool cheesy cheesy
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by debosky(m): 3:21am On Apr 19, 2006
mine was a gradual development, from adebola to debola, to debols, then balls/ballz (which wasnt very funny for me) till a fusion of name + nickname adeballz, now that is unique
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by kimba(m): 8:37am On Apr 24, 2006
@debosky

ha about ballzdeballz
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by papermoon(f): 1:21pm On May 04, 2006
cry
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by Seun(m): 1:33pm On May 04, 2006
What happens when you retire?
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by Rhodalyn(f): 1:34pm On May 04, 2006
the money still dey! grin grin grin
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by papermoon(f): 1:37pm On May 04, 2006
cry
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by eveseh(f): 3:39pm On May 20, 2006
dont have no story
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by tdough: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2010
4 me its almost like i get 2 change nicknames. Albeit every1 xcept my peeps call me tdough. I coined d t 4rm ma name while d dough stands 4 money.
Re: The Story Behind Your Nickname by drone99(m): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2010
It depends on which nickname. I have nicknames from my family, secondary school, high instution, work place 1, work place 2, work place 3, area, friends, ,

(1) (Reply)

I Am Talking To You***** / Who Knows About Circle Lens / Finding Mercy Nollywood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.