Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? (1220 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Prefer .com To .ng Domains? / Why Do Nigerians Hate Commenting On Tech Blogs? / Why Do Nigerians Love Cms, Plugins And Frameworks A Lot? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by securethat: 8:27pm On Nov 22, 2007
How do Nigerians pay for products online?

What happens if the person does not have a credit card
Re: How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by nduaj(m): 9:11am On Nov 23, 2007
In nigeria, online payments are made use ATM debit cards issued by all banks in the country.
Re: How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by astronp7(m): 9:38am On Nov 23, 2007
You can pay online from Nigeria with E-gold www.e-gold.com and many banks also issue pre-paid credit cards. See that of Intercontinental Bank
http://www.intercontinentalbankplc.com/products_id2.asp?productid=10

Goodluck!
Re: How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by niyyie(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2007
Aside credit/debit cards, there are other means of paying online from Nigeria: e-gold, e-bullion, graphcard and local debit cards are quite popular in Nigeria. Paying online is not an issue at all. It depends on what the merchant accepts. You can even initiate a real-time bank-to-bank transfer if you bank with the same bank as the merchant.
Re: How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by Seun(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2007
You must be a very persuasive person. Merchants I try to buy physical items from always refuse to ship to Nigeria.
Re: How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by niyyie(m): 5:28pm On Nov 23, 2007
Seun:

You must be a very persuasive person. Merchants I try to buy physical items from always refuse to ship to Nigeria.

lol. If that reply was meant for me, I'd say that I have never attempted to shop online and ship to Nigeria before. Merchants shipping straight to Nigeria are very few indeed - if any. The only way out would be to use a US address via mail forwarding companies.
Re: How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by Seun(m): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2007
The first drop shipper I tried slammed me with an outrageous shipping fee after I'd already paid for the items. When I complained, their response didn't make me feel respected as a long time customer. Their other services are ok, but I don't recommend them anymore because they never apologized for the incident. Consistency pays.

I've discovered a smaller, more straightforward but equally professional website that provides the same service. We'll see how it goes. I'm a little unhappy that I have to involve a third party whenever I want to buy anything.
Re: How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by niyyie(m): 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2007
I'm sure you're referring to Graphcard. Aside the high fees, they claim to have forwarded stuff to me twice via USPS and I never got anything. Whats more painful is that I funded them via e-gold!

Well, their Visa cards are cool and helpful for many Nigerians to pay online but now that they have removed e-gold from their website, I wonder what their future will look like.
Re: How Do Nigerians Pay For Products Online? by rufaai(m): 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2007
Mostly, Nigerians pay via Cash! - That is bank deposit

Other Nigerian online marchants accept Interswitch payment, which is instant. For payment in US Dollars, we use Prepaid Master Cards issued by Banks and some use e-gold and virtual Visa Credit Cards.

Why do you need to know, are planning to offer a service to Nigerians? grin

(1) (Reply)

Web Designer/ Graphics Designer / Can Blue Fish Be Of Great Use To A Newbie? / Intellashares!!! Make Money Online With A Minimum Of $10 Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.