Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,606 members, 7,816,506 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

What Determines The Threads Making The Front Page? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Determines The Threads Making The Front Page? (658 Views)

The Handwriting Of A Child, What Determines It???? / Most Of The Threads On Nairaland Copied From LIB / Why Have All The Threads On Islamic Banking On Nl Disappeared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Determines The Threads Making The Front Page? by omicron(m): 1:41pm On Jun 08, 2012
I used to think it's the amount of traffic a particular thread draws. At a point It appeared as though It was only the popular or more relevant topics that made the front page. Yet at other times I wondered if every new post appeared at the front. Or maybe it's random. So i want to know: WHAT DETERMINES WHICH POST MAKES THE FRONT PAGE, presently on NL.
Those that know should please educate me and others who may want to know too.
Similarly, I noticed of late how many people now express dissatisfaction at threads making the front page. Personally I don't have any problem with thread at the front page as long as the thread has produced a reasonable discussion or forum. But then everybody should be carried along. So tell me: WHAT SHOULD DETERMINE THREADS MAKING THE FRONT PAGE. What do you think?
Re: What Determines The Threads Making The Front Page? by werepeLeri: 2:06pm On Jun 08, 2012
To make it to the front page - it has to be:

Anti Christianity

Anti GEJ

It must be a known lie

1 Like

Re: What Determines The Threads Making The Front Page? by stokolie(m): 3:32pm On Jun 08, 2012
hope i get some insight too....
Re: What Determines The Threads Making The Front Page? by omicron(m): 3:54pm On Jun 08, 2012
werepeLeri: To make it to the front page - it has to be:

Anti Christianity

Anti GEJ

It must be a known lie

hmmm, maybe cos such threads are generally interesting cheesy
Re: What Determines The Threads Making The Front Page? by omicron(m): 8:17am On Jun 18, 2012
It's funny no one cared to respond properly to the questions despite the increasing noise about threads making front page these days sad

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Going Into My Profiles Ie My Other User Ids? / For Some Reason Some Dude Named Pyguru Keeps Banning For Posting Pics / Avoid Physical Contact, Fourteen People Have Now Died Of Ebola Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.