Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,875 members, 7,821,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? (2334 Views)

Prophet Samson Ayorinde Endorses Rev. Dr. Sign Fireman As A True Man Of God! / Dr. Sign Fireman Is A True Man Of God! / Who Is A True Man Of God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2007
Muhammad's Early Life

Muhammad was born in 571 A.D.; but his father, Abdallah, died 4 months before he was born. His family belonged to the Banu Hashim clan of the Qoraish tribe of Saudi Arabia. Orphaned, infant Muhammad and his widowed mother, Amina (daughter of Wahd), were looked after by Abdul Mutalib (Grandfather of Muhammad). During this time, Halima, a Bedouin lady, nursed infant Muhammad {I have no record of why Amina did not breast-feed/nurse infant Muhammad}. After a few weeks, Halima complained infant Muhammad was possessed by the devil and refused him. His mother, Amina then died, when he was only 5 years old. When orphaned Muhammad was 8, his grandfather, Abdul Mutalib also died, and the boy Muhammad was passed to his uncle, Abu Talib, who had a trading caravan business with Syria and he put little Muhammad to work in this caravan business. At age 20, Abu Talib passed Muhammad to work for Khadija, who owned a thriving and large caravan business. At age 25, Muhammad married his boss, 40-year-old rich widow Khadija, and thereby became stepfather of Khadija's two daughters from a previous marriage. Muhammad did not show 'his true colours' while married to Khadija. He was faithful to Khadija (1 wife for 2 decades) and was obedient and respected her, till she died.

At age 25, Muhammad married his boss, 40-year-old rich widow

If this is right, how will Islam discourage "Sugar Mummy" Phenomena inthe life of our youth today?
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2007
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by luv2talk(m): 1:58pm On Nov 23, 2007
Hello man,i think u still have a long way to go,do u want to compare the relationsip of prophet Muhammad and khadija with sugar Mummy syndrome of nowaday,thats totally incomparable,the woman in question had feelings for him,she wooed him and they engage in legal marriage.if u dont know things,ask from those who know, stop messing arround with your empty head, get a life
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2007
Hello man,i think u still have a long way to go,do u want to compare the relationsip of prophet Muhammad and khadija with sugar Mummy syndrome of nowaday,thats totally incomparable,the woman in question had feelings for him,she wooed him and they engage in legal marriage.if u don't know things,ask from those who know, stop messing arround with your empty head, get a life

Meaning that if a 60yrs old rich woman seduced a 25year old man it is part of Sunat? grin I am glad you do not denied that this event is untrue. Will you allow a marriage of your son with someone of your age group? cheesy
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by Dios(f): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2007
dafidixone:

Meaning that if a 60yrs old rich woman seduced a 25year old man it is part of Sunat? grin I am glad you do not denied that this event is untrue[i][/i]. Will you allow a marriage of your son with someone of your age group? cheesy

You're contradicting your own post man.
@topic, who cares what mohammed did during his lifetime, his followers came to Africa and pillaged it, same goes for the other dude.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by feelgood(m): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2007
dear dafidxone,
dont you ever get tired? Mohammed is long dead and gone, so why not let him be?
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 12:35pm On Nov 24, 2007
dear dafidxone,
don't you ever get tired? Muhammad is long dead and gone, so why not let him be?

Shallom!
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2007
So?? I fail to follow your logic. What's so shocking about that?
She liked him for his honesty, respectability, wisdom and all that so she proposed to him and he accepted. You will find that she initially employed him to carry out some of her business deals in Syria; he made such a profitable deal for her that she was impressed by his intelligence. SHE was the one who proposed to him.

How is it like the sugar-mummy phenomenon? Its not like they had premarital sex or anything? Abi you believe that age is a barrier to love? Especially when it isn't such a big difference? What's 15 years when 80-year-olds dey marry 23-year-olds?

Besides why is it ok for a 40-year-old man to marry a 25-year-old woman but the reverse is frowned upon? That's what I call SEXISM!!! Pure double-standards! I think you're being blinded by the Nigerian culture in which the man is expected to be older, get rid of those cultural shackles and open your mind! Look at the States, the actors and actresses (all of them as rich as the other) are marrying/dating people of different ages! I can't remember who Justin Timberlake was going out with but, yo, she was way older than him! You don't get people going "ooooh, sugar-mummy", do you?
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2007
And yeah, that's one thing Islam doesn't condone; discrimination! We don't discriminate against people on the basis of something so shallow and superficial as age! We look at the person's character.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 1:36pm On Nov 24, 2007
So?? I fail to follow your logic. What's so shocking about that?
She liked him for his honesty, respectability, wisdom and all that so she proposed to him and he accepted. You will find that she initially employed him to carry out some of her business deals in Syria; he made such a profitable deal for her that she was impressed by his intelligence. SHE was the one who proposed to him.

How is it like the sugar-mummy phenomenon? Its not like they had premarital sex or anything? Abi you believe that age is a barrier to love? Especially when it isn't such a big difference? What's 15 years when 80-year-olds dey marry 23-year-olds?

Besides why is it ok for a 40-year-old man to marry a 25-year-old woman but the reverse is frowned upon? That's what I call SEXISM!!! Pure double-standards! I think you're being blinded by the Nigerian culture in which the man is expected to be older, get rid of those cultural shackles and open your mind! Look at the States, the actors and actresses (all of them as rich as the other) are marrying/dating people of different ages! I can't remember who Justin Timberlake was going out with but, yo, she was way older than him! You don't get people going "ooooh, sugar-mummy", do you?

smiley cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

You too can do the same?
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 1:41pm On Nov 24, 2007
dafidixone:

Muhammad's Early Life

Muhammad was born in 571 A.D.; but his father, Abdallah, died 4 months before he was born. His family belonged to the Banu Hashim clan of the Qoraish tribe of Saudi Arabia. Orphaned, infant Muhammad and his widowed mother, Amina (daughter of Wahd), were looked after by Abdul Mutalib (Grandfather of Muhammad). During this time, Halima, a Bedouin lady, nursed infant Muhammad {I have no record of why Amina did not breast-feed/nurse infant Muhammad}. After a few weeks, Halima complained infant Muhammad was possessed by the devil and refused him. His mother, Amina then died, when he was only 5 years old. When orphaned Muhammad was 8, his grandfather, Abdul Mutalib also died, and the boy Muhammad was passed to his uncle, Abu Talib, who had a trading caravan business with Syria and he put little Muhammad to work in this caravan business. At age 20, Abu Talib passed Muhammad to work for Khadija, who owned a thriving and large caravan business. At age 25, Muhammad married his boss, 40-year-old rich widow Khadija, and thereby became stepfather of Khadija's two daughters from a previous marriage. Muhammad did not show 'his true colours' while married to Khadija. He was faithful to Khadija (1 wife for 2 decades) and was obedient and respected her, till she died.

If this is right, how will Islam discourage "Sugar Mummy" Phenomena inthe life of our youth today?

Show me an authentic proof that Halima refused to breastfeed Muhammad (SAW) because he was possessed. She breastfed him and weaned him. She took care of him till he was 5!, and they were still close after he grew up. He always treated her like his mother and she treated him like her son.

His mother died when he was 6 not 5.
He was sent to a wet-nurse (Halima) because in those days, rich people didn't breastfeed their children; they preferred to use wet-nurses. It  wasn't just so that the mother regains her beautiful shape quickly after birth, it was also thoguht to be better for the child because these nurses were bedouins so the child would be raised in the open desert air and would grow up strong and healthy.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 1:43pm On Nov 24, 2007
About Khadijah (RA):

The first woman to follow the religion of Islam was Khadijah Bint Khuwaylid. Every Muslim knows who she was and what a role-model she was and continues to be. We also know that she was according to the Prophet (saw), one of the four greatest women from among the whole earth.

Khadijah was born in the year 555 C.E. (Christian era). Her parents were Khuwailid and Fatimah bint Zaidah. By the time she reached the age of forty she had attained quite a reputation for herself. She was known as a wealthy, noble, fine-natured business woman.

Khadijah heard about Mohammed's (saw) reputation for being an honest and upright young man. She sent him a proposal to ask him to handle some of her business affairs. On the return from one trip to Syria, he reported a profit that doubled that which anyone else had done for her. Needless to say, that impressed her greatly!

Khadijah's satisfaction with her new employee was soon to turn into love. Despite their age difference of 15 years, she desired to marry him. She confided this desire to her friend, Nufaysah, who in turn approached Mohammed (saw). This confused him. How could such a noble woman, who had turned down the marriage proposals of the noblest and wealthiest Quraysh men, desire to marry him?! Mohammed uncle Abu Talib and Khadijah's uncle 'Umar ibn Asad sat down to arrange the completion of the marriage. Little did any of them know just what the future had in store for this new couple!]

Allah bestowed upon them six children. They were given two boys, Qasim and 'Abdullah, but neither survived infancy. They were also given four daughters, Zainab, Ruqaiyyah, Umm Kulthum, and Fatimah.

Mohammed would often go to Mount Hira for meditation. On returning one day, Khadijah could see he was quite shaken and upset. She inquired about this and he told her what had happened. She found out that today had been unlike any other in that, today, he had been given revelations from God! He had thought that he was possessed and was going mad. Khadijah tried to console her terrified husband by saying:

"Rejoice, O son of my uncle, and be of good heart. Surely by Him in whose hand is my soul, I have hope that you will be the prophet of this people. You have never done any wrong to anyone. You are kind to others and you help the poor. So Allah will not let you down."

He then asked for a blanket and she quickly fulfilled his request. Shortly thereafter, he fell asleep. when Mohammed woke, Khadijah took him to her cousin, Waraqah bin Nawfal. He was Christian and quite knowledgeable of the scriptures of the Torah and Bible. He confirmed Mohammed's prophethood and said:

"This is the same one who keeps the secrets (angel Gabriel) whom Allah had sent to Moses. I wish I were young and could live up to the time when your people would turn you out."

Just a few months later Gabriel came again and ordered him to start warning the people. Khadijah supported him in this by financially supporting the family and his teaching. She was also content to raise the children and handle the family affairs so that he could preach.

During the next 10 years, she proved herself to be a loving wife. She supported him when nobody else would. She consoled him when rough time hit them. She comforted and encouraged him when the Quraish did all they could to stop him from preaching. [/size][/font]The marriage to Khadijah was a "one wife marriage". For 25 years of the Prophet's prime age and in a time and place where unlimited polygamy was quite acceptable, and until the death of Khadijah, it remained a monogamous marriage. She died on 10 Ramadan 620 C.E. in the 10th year of prophethood at 65. Long after her death, Mohammed remembered and honored her often.

There is a lesson in Khadijah's life. She accepted and started working for the religion of Islam after the first revelation. This not only made her the first Muslim but also a role-model for women today. She led the example of a good, loving wife. She also showed us how to forget the desires of this life and work only for the good of Islam. Khadijah truly was a righteous woman.

source: http://www.islamfortoday.com/khadijah.htm
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2007
dafidixone:

smiley cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

You too can do the same?

Why not, dafidixone? If I reach 40 and there's a nice, righteous, trustworthy guy that I like, why shouldn't I marry him regardless of his age?

Can I ask you a question? Are you married? If so, what's the age difference between you and your wife? If not, what's the age difference between you and your girlfriend/fiance?
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 1:52pm On Nov 24, 2007
@stranger,  Don't you think a high moral standard will compliment our religious beleive.  I don't know if you have kids already.  Will you pray for your Children to have a marital life of like of Muhammed?

Never follow leaders blindly.  There are leaders and there are leaders.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 2:02pm On Nov 24, 2007
Explain the immoral aspect of THIS marriage please.

For me, Muhammad (SAW) is my role model; he's the perfect man. When I get married, it will be based on how similar the guy's character is to that of the Prophet's. When I have kids, I want my children to be just like him. Right now, I want to be like him. I want my brother to be like him. Why? Because he is THE BEST OF CREATION, the best of mankind, a mercy to the world.
And I love him.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 24, 2007
@dafidixone
Why run away now ?  grin
You can't defend a topic you started,
Now it's posting talks not related to the thread
Ah, really shameful  

You started it, you must finish it
Go to your brainwashing site and get more stupid articles they got ,
and post it on Nland.  grin

Stupid Dude cheesy
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 2:30pm On Nov 24, 2007
Explain the immoral aspect of THIS marriage please.

For me, Muhammad (SAW) is my role model; he's the perfect man. When I get married, it will be based on how similar the guy's character is to that of the Prophet's. When I have kids, I want my children to be just like him. Right now, I want to be like him. I want my brother to be like him. Why? Because he is THE BEST OF CREATION, the best of mankind, a mercy to the world.
And I love him.

Never put a Curse on your Kidz. I am sure your Children may be more knowledgable than you. You choose to leave like him let your children decide their own role model.

I am sure no right thinking youth will go accepting proposal for marriage with someone almost two times older, grin
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 2:46pm On Nov 24, 2007
See, discrimination again.
People are surely free to marry whoever they want without their intelligence being suspected. Funnily enough, I was (and still am) the mature girl amongst my peers. My teachers, librarians, etc all loved me because they believed me to be an intelligent girl. I'm not trying to praise myself or boast (because I believe its all God's blessings and not due to me) but your mention of being knowledgeable made me put that up.

I ain't no dull girl, praise God, I was deputy headgirl in secondary school, I am the class representative of my coursemates in university and I was always the girl who gets the prizes and all that and more. So please, this aint about intelligence cos both my peers and my superiors hold me in respect for that, yet I still believe Muhammad (SAW) is perfect and there was nothing wrong with his marriage. I pray to God that my kids become as like him as possible.

but nevermind, dafidixone, I'm sure you weren't attacking me personally smiley
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 3:02pm On Nov 24, 2007
I'm sure you weren't attacking me personally

I have never known you, so attacking you personally is out of the issue. After all you are only trying to express your opinion on this posting. I hope you are not taking it personal?

However, I could read from the lines of yours that you have taking this matter to accademic debate. I am not in anyway trying to argue and you will see I only try as much as possible to respond to aspect of this conversations I yhink may lead to a logical conclusion. It may interest you to know that Culture and religion at some point will have to intersect. This is one of the indicator to discern between Voice of God and Voice of Man or devil. I feel it is unculture if your Mum should go and Marry a boy mate of yours (Sincerely how will you feel about it).
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2007
I truly mean it when I say "my mum can marry whoever she wants as long as he's a righteous man without my feeling discomfitted by her marriage". Believe me.
I don't care what people say as long as I believe what I'm doing is RIGHT. I weigh my actions on the scale of God's commands not people's thoughts so what they think of me doesn't really bother me. THEY aren't gonna share my grave with me when I die so they can have no say in how I live my life.

Nah, dafidixone, that's why I said you weren't attacking me personally cos I'm not taking it personally.
Peace? smiley

lol, seems we've digressed from the topic!
Now, back to the topic. I've stated my perspective and what I know about this matter, y'all are free to draw your own conclusions.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by luv2talk(m): 4:03pm On Nov 24, 2007
@dafidixone.Mr. AKORIBURUKUDE or what is your name,if i were you,i will deregister my Acc with Nairaland and wont even visit this forum again,i can imagine an 18 yrs old Girl beating a 27 yrs old ass like you hands now,what a big shme LOL.you start a topic and you cant defend and finish it.You have a lots of problems in your life which are yarning for solution,Leave my Beloved Muhammad alone and get a life, You unemployed ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 4:46pm On Nov 24, 2007
@dafidixone.Mr. AKORIBURUKUDE or what is your name,if i were you,i will deregister my Acc with Nairaland and wont even visit this forum again,i can imagine an 18 years old Girl beating a 27 years old ass like you hands now,what a big shme LOL.you start a topic and you can't defend and finish it.You have a lots of problems in your life which are yarning for solution,Leave my Beloved Muhammad alone and get a life, You unemployed ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May God deliver all the Captive Souls. In Jesus name I pray. grin

Jesus said Come to me all you that labour and are heavy laden. He Jesus will give you rest. grin
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by luv2talk(m): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2007
@dafidixone. Man, You need to read My new Post and let me know what you think about that,proof me wrong and justify the fact that christian are not idol worshippers
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 5:03pm On Nov 24, 2007
@dafidixone. Man, You need to read My new Post and let me know what you think about that,proof me wrong and justify the fact that christian are not idol worshippers

I have read through that and because there is nothing to reply in such an article that is posted out of cheer sentiment. I respond to postings from intelligent personalty. Sorrry I if I sound rude Sir, just want you to do more work before you respond to issue. I want you to read Stranger response to this posting and appreciate knowledgable people talking.

Love2talk? grin talk reasonably not to just talk for talking sake.

Be more articulate in your points then we can respond to your posting.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Nov 24, 2007
@dafidixone

And will you like to respond to the points raised by other posters please wink

grin
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by combatant: 7:08pm On Nov 24, 2007
@dafidizone

Arent you ashamed of yourself? You started a thread, contradicted yourself and couldnt defend the topic raised but went off topic.

Why not find something doing rather than creating a mockery of yourself. It seems you, david-liar, c-ungifted are related.

Mu - mu cheesy

Accept Islam before its too late and have a lovely day cool
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 7:31pm On Nov 24, 2007
Can't we all just be nice?? Don't let this get personal; attack the post not the person.
We're all here to learn from each other (I hope) and not to cause enmity. Be neutral towards people because you may come to love the person you hate today. Please direct your anger towards the action not the actor. I'm not defending the poster here because I was equally provoked by his post (NB: HIS POST annoyed me NOT HIM).

PS: this is to everyone on both sides of the fence.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by babs787(m): 7:49pm On Nov 24, 2007
@Dafidixone

I learnt that you registered 8th month ago but have not been reading your post shocked.

Please brother, you need to be a muslim.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 8:18pm On Nov 24, 2007
By the way dafidixone, the site you got that from is full of lies. Let me give you an example. The website says:
"In Sahih Bukhari's Hadiths volume 1, Book 6, number 316 - Muhammad had sex with his wives, and slaves, while fasting - Thus, Muhammad violated the {no daytime sex} rule of Allah/Quran 2:187 and he showed no respect for Allah's commands (because he obviously knew there was no Allah, as it was his own fabrication). This deceit in Islam, was 'legalized' because of Muhammad's maniac behavior."

So checked the hadith and this is what it says:
Bukhari :: Book 1 :: Volume 6 :: Hadith 316
Narrated 'Urwa:

'Aisha said, "We set out with the Prophet in his last Hajj. Some of us intended to perform 'Umra while others Hajj. When we reached Mecca, Allah's Apostle said, 'Those who had assumed the lhram for'Umra and had not brought the Hadi should finish his lhram and whoever had assumed the Ihram for 'Umra and brought the Hadi should not finish the Ihram till he has slaughtered his Hadi and whoever had assumed the lhram for Hajj should complete his Hajj." 'Aisha further said, "I got my periods (menses) and kept on menstruating till the day of 'Arafat, and I had assumed the Ihram for 'Umra only (Tamattu'). The Prophet ordered me to undo and comb my head hair and assume the lhram for Hajj only and leave the 'Umra. I did the same till I completed the Hajj. Then the Prophet sent 'Abdur Rahman bin Abi Bakr with me and ordered me to perform 'Umra from At-Tan'im in lieu of the missed 'Umra."

Don't believe in others blindly; check it out for yourself.

Moving on, dafidixone, what was your intention when making this topic? It seems you're trying to tarnish the image of islam. As I said earlier, I hope we're all here to learn from each other. But the fact that you're getting info about islam from such sites shows you're trying to ridicule islam. If you really wanted to learn about islam, you'll get the quran and read it, read islamic books, etc. And if its online, then visit websites created by muslims, muslim scholars, converts to islam. THERE, you'll find out about islam.

Permit me to say one thing: the best way of convincing someone about your religion is by talking about the religion and NOT by defaming other religions. Talk about the merits of christianity and stop representing Islam in a bad light. By concentrating on the defects of other religions, you'll make people think that you're a hate-filled individual, that your religion has no merits and that you're trying to manipulate them by only presenting one side of the story. (I'm not saying that you are).

Peace.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by babs787(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2007
Jazhakullah Khairan for all the intelligent posts

Maa salam
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by stranger26(f): 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2007
Wa iyyakum.
Re: Will True Man Of God Mary Someone Older Than Him? by dafidixone(m): 10:17am On Nov 26, 2007
I learnt that you registered 8th month ago but have not been reading your post .

Please brother, you need to be a muslim.

I think you should respond to issues. grin

The Point here is if it is morally right for a Man of God to Marry an Old woman? is that different from "Sugar Mummyism" If it were to be a Pastor that we are talking here you all will never see it this way. However, the truth must be told. Thank God our Lord Jesus Christ is truely God (Emmanuel). I will enjoin all you people to open your heart to knowledge and not to be on defense of what was clearly writen in your book.

I have read your quaran in English version. But not the arabic version. This stories were not that different. Get the issue is this different form Sugar mummy issue. How will Islam aspire to correct this if , grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Similarities Between Evolution And Religion / What Is The Meat Or Core Of The Message Of This Gospel? Why Are We Sons Of God?! / It's Time To Tax Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.