Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC (8394 Views)

15inch Macbook Pro With Retina Display At A Giveaway Price. / iPad Air Unveiled By Apple / Worst Virus Announced By Cnn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by yinchar(m): 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2012
I cant wait to get my hands on this heavy duty...anybody interested to buy my 2011 MacBook Pro 13inch screen......absolutely in perfect condition.....2.4GHz Intel duo core, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Bluetooth,IR, and definitely with optical drive, if interested contact me ASAP....
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by omosexy1: 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
Billyonaire: Just thinking aloud, with tablets of all kinds being lunched by different companies, Laptops or notebooks don't have to be thin, cos no one is carrying it around anymore, Laptop or notebook is meant for the desk while tablets can be light cos we move around with them. So emphasizing on thin and lightness is bull at this age cos tablet rules. Then on the speed, its remarkable but makes no difference. Retina vision, cool but not a reason to fling the present stocks in the market. I love it when techy companies try to bring out new products but then, this makes no difference to the world. Congrats Apple but, in the real sense, I guess, innovation has been exhausted.

The macbook pro is very thin and not heavy too. I compare mine with my friends PCs. I cannot even lift their HP but I can carry my macbook all day without feeling a thing. Plus the multiple gestures on the OS. I cannot wait to upgrade to Mountain Lion. Please get one you will hate your PC for life.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 12:22am On Jun 12, 2012
The gestures on Windows 8 put the gestures on your beloved Mac (insert exotic letter or carnivorous animal here) to shame.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 12:29am On Jun 12, 2012
omosexy1:

The macbook pro is very thin and not heavy too. I compare mine with my friends PCs. I cannot even lift their HP but I can carry my macbook all day without feeling a thing. Plus the multiple gestures on the OS. I cannot wait to upgrade to Mountain Lion. Please get one you will hate your PC for life.
MacBook Pro was there before MacBook Air, I got Air 3 yrs ago and that still remains the lightest of Apple netbooks, so this is a laptop, MacBook Air, is thinnest and its a netbook
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 12, 2012
At the end it is still an ordinary laptop
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by rockafela(m): 12:56am On Jun 12, 2012
i still prefer just Mac book pro..it has full laptop option
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by donclemo(m): 1:41am On Jun 12, 2012
Vergil:

Haba! Phone cost over 400K? Easy na!

When pple can kinda buy this with a month or a month and a half salary, back in dem countries (UK, US, Aus, Can, NZ etc). Wonder what the case for Nige is.

And they keep shouting, money fey naija. Fair enough monney dey. It just no deey for seriously nice gadget spending. But food etc...e dey!

Na lie man talk?
in all this country you mention most people dont buy it with a months salary infact salaries are mean to pay bills every month. the good thing about this countries is that they have credit facilities so must people buy things on credit and can pay for years that's what credit card is meant for.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by beevalley: 6:26am On Jun 12, 2012
why dem comot d disk drive
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Just thinking aloud, with tablets of all kinds being lunched by different companies, Laptops or notebooks don't have to be thin, cos no one is carrying it around anymore, Laptop or notebook is meant for the desk while tablets can be light cos we move around with them. So emphasizing on thin and lightness is bull at this age cos tablet rules. Then on the speed, its remarkable but makes no difference. Retina vision, cool but not a reason to fling the present stocks in the market. I love it when techy companies try to bring out new products but then, this makes no difference to the world. Congrats Apple but, in the real sense, I guess, **innovation has been exhausted.**
i like your analysis, but i disagree that innovation is exhausted. Innovation will never be exhausted brother.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Reference(m): 7:03am On Jun 12, 2012
da student: Plus it might cost 400 thousand naira in nigeria.lol!

More like one million naira. Just wait till greedy importers lock on.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2012
Nice
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Reference(m): 7:26am On Jun 12, 2012
Billyonaire: Just thinking aloud, with tablets of all kinds being lunched by different companies, Laptops or notebooks don't have to be thin, cos no one is carrying it around anymore, Laptop or notebook is meant for the desk while tablets can be light cos we move around with them. So emphasizing on thin and lightness is bull at this age cos tablet rules. Then on the speed, its remarkable but makes no difference. Retina vision, cool but not a reason to fling the present stocks in the market. I love it when techy companies try to bring out new products but then, this makes no difference to the world. Congrats Apple but, in the real sense, I guess, innovation has been exhausted.

Don't think so. Every one of these devices has its place or point of optimum efficiency which perhaps may not be defined by performance.

It appears the primary driver behind Apple's innovations is ergonomics. That's why they have a series of products that essentially do the same thing but are comfortable in different settings.
For example, the I phone is great on the go, the tablet for field work but if you want to write reports you need a keyboard.

My personal let down is the tablet. If only it could be used outside as a proper field instrument.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by eghost247(m): 8:08am On Jun 12, 2012
interesting
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 8:15am On Jun 12, 2012
Apple has the best marketing force I have ever seen. There is nothing they do that is new, they only have an amazing way to tell the world. Acer and Hp have been releasing really awesome and thinner laptops but telling the world poorly.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by clemmonce(m): 8:16am On Jun 12, 2012
purefella: Thank God that i have stopped following technology things for years , If nah before nah how to buy the latest i go dey think by now , laptop is thin or fat or even nah desktop, they will serve you the same purpose = BROWSING!!!
THIS IS HOW A POOR MAN THINKS
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Osota(m): 8:29am On Jun 12, 2012
purefella: Thank God that i have stopped following technology things for years , If nah before nah how to buy the latest i go dey think by now , laptop is thin or fat or even nah desktop, they will serve you the same purpose = BROWSING!!!
Things broke people say!
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by etchel(m): 9:02am On Jun 12, 2012
yinchar: I cant wait to get my hands on this heavy duty...anybody interested to buy my 2011 MacBook Pro 13inch screen......absolutely in perfect condition.....2.4GHz Intel duo core, 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Bluetooth,IR, and definitely with optical drive, if interested contact me ASAP....
fairly used or brand New?
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by DonCmos: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2012
The new macbook pro is it!!! Chai!! A quad core and a 6gb RAM? The speed will be like dreaming to be in the USA and waking up. That needs to be on your preferred list. Let's wait and see what Mirosoft will drop on their new release. Have you all seen the new Nitendo wii U, with its tablet pad?? Come oo! When we launch our own tech sef?
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Djcn: 10:01am On Jun 12, 2012
moonraker: Apple has simply gone mad!!!

Retina Display on a laptop (first of it kind)...

Starting price is $2199. do the math...

Retina Display is just a marketing term by apple, nothing serious about it.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by tboy1(m): 10:36am On Jun 12, 2012
Djcn:

Retina Display is just a marketing term by apple, nothing serious about it.
+1
If you currently have a MB Pro or Macbook Air, then do not bother upgrading to this
6gb RAM?? I doubt you will ever need this
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by IamFenriz(m): 12:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Apart from the light weight and thinness feature im still very much ok with my HP ENVY 17 3D...boasts a whooping 1 Terabyte HDD, 6 gig Ram, intel core i7 processor, HD display and of course....3D functionality for movies and extreme gaming. Apple, bring it on!
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by hamsky: 12:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
beevalley: why dem comot d disk drive
O boy na the way forward be dat ohh. Most laptop manufacturers are doing away with disks drives cos it adds unnecessary weight to a laptop and even CDs are starting to become the thing of the past. Manufacturers have also started replacing the conventional hard disk drives which works on the principle of mini disk storage for SSD ( solid state drive) which uses chips/transistors to make processing time up to 40% quicker, less noisy and more battery efficient.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by babeface3: 12:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
I just dey look for the retina, grin
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Vergil: 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
donclemo:
in all this country you mention most people dont buy it with a months salary infact salaries are mean to pay bills every month. the good thing about this countries is that they have credit facilities so must people buy things on credit and can pay for years that's what credit card is meant for.

Cmon man!
Don't even know how to say this.

U lot and bills Bills bills. Eaaasy!
If I didn't know how things work in these countries, I'd prob believe you. Fair enough, some bills. Mate, point is, with an entry level job...a guy could get this with his monthly pay or month and a half pay.

Heck, pple working in McD, flipping burger full time can too.
Some pple can plan their expenses well, not to drown themselves in bills.
So the statement of "use their wages for bills" aint daat accurate ACross d board.

But, I do agree with some pple using their credit cards/overdraft. But u should know, most don't.

Students will tho...deffo lol! They'd prob be d first to get it on student loan. I'm sure they're queueing now lol!

So, asides credit. Assume no credit in dis life....point is, who would be able to get it easy, without breaking too much sweat or sacrificing or heck saving MONTHS of wages? Pple in Nige or those countries listed above?

That's my point!
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by dastudent(m): 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
So this is what mattered to me

All macbooks both pro and air have been upgraded to the 2nd generation ivy bridge orcessors

The macbook air now has a standard 4GB ram

Siri is coming fully to the ipad when ios 6 is released officially in september when the iphone 5 would obviously be released

Mountain lion looks awesome with the integration of game centre

Now you can update your facebook status without actually going to facebook on ios 6

The retina Mac book pro actually has a 16GB ram.

Plus whoever said windows 8 is better never considered that the best system to run windows on is a Mac.

Okay bye.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by yinchar(m): 10:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
etchel: fairly used or brand New?
11months old.....
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by msb247(m): 1:52am On Jun 13, 2012
by the special grace of God, i'll get this laptop cool
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 5:44am On Jun 13, 2012
da student: So this is what mattered to me

All macbooks both pro and air have been upgraded to the 2nd generation ivy bridge orcessors

The macbook air now has a standard 4GB ram

Siri is coming fully to the ipad when ios 6 is released officially in september when the iphone 5 would obviously be released

Mountain lion looks awesome with the integration of game centre

Now you can update your facebook status without actually going to facebook on ios 6

The retina Mac book pro actually has a 16GB ram.

Plus whoever said windows 8 is better never considered that the best system to run windows on is a Mac.

Okay bye.
_
The best system to run Windows 8 is a Mac? Have you seen the Asus Taichi? Have you used a Dell XPS? Do you know that notebooks that ship Windows 8 will be touch-enabled?
_
Except making it thinner and adding retina, what significant thing did Apple do? You talk of a game centre, remember windows had it since Vista.
Apple rip you fanboys off and you iMoronically sing their praises. The specs of the worst (and by extension, the cheapest) XPS is sexier than this.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by dastudent(m): 11:42am On Jun 13, 2012
SimonAndal:
_
The best system to run Windows 8 is a Mac? Have you seen the Asus Taichi? Have you used a Dell XPS? Do you know that notebooks that ship Windows 8 will be touch-enabled?
_
Except making it thinner and adding retina, what significant thing did Apple do? You talk of a game centre, remember windows had it since Vista.
Apple rip you fanboys off and you iMoronically sing their praises. The specs of the worst (and by extension, the cheapest) XPS is sexier than this.

Dude,you seem angry over something as little as that?weird.Well,i am not a total fanatic but seriously,i would never

attack someone over what they say about my views.

Plus i was not being(Imoro...wetin you call am?).

I was just stating what i thought might be good for me and not necessarily telling anyone that one was better than the other.

Plus say what you want.Its a free world.

It's funny how most "Fanboys" forget that most of this ultra books are modeled after the Unibody MacBook airs.

The Same way Droid/Windows fanboys who wished they had an Apple product in the process venting theIR frustration would never admit, that all this smooth touch screen gestures would never have come to play if there was no Iphone.

Seriously,gestures has been available since like how many years on the OSX?

Windows as been trying to create something to appease its consumers which i understand.

I am not saying i hate Windows 8.I actually love the potential its showing,but i would never bitch about stuff like that.

Besides,my OSX saves my work automatically whenever i am working on
it.

I haven't had the need to buy a freaking antivirus on it except for the windows i use occasionally via the virtual machine on it.

I have been using my MacBook Pro for 3 years now and i haven't had the cause to complain once.So forgive me if i praise apple (imoro....my teeth wan breakly)

Do you know how long it took for the so called Dells and Hps of this world to clone the MacBook Air?Lol!

Don't be a troll bro.Just saying.I am raising a white flag right now.
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by lifestyle1(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2012
Sisi_Kill: People still use Laptops? shocked shocked

Is this suppose to be a joke ? undecided
Re: New Macbook Pro With Retina Display Announced By Apple At WWDC by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 13, 2012
Uhm . . . @da student, I wrote that with no anger whatsoever in my heart (I was actually watching Stewie try and fail to commit matricide, lol). You love Mac? Good for you. I'd be the last person to attack somebody over their preferences. So I'm sorry if my post came across that way, that was not my intention. That aside, OSX is weird. Lol. Windows 8 ftw!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gmail Email Login | Www.gmail.com | Gmail Login Email / Help! Need Software For Jvc Camcorder / She Spilled Hot Coffee On My Laptop: Now What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.