Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,263 members, 7,818,891 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Last Flight To Abuja (pics) - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Last Flight To Abuja (pics) (20799 Views)

19 Mistakes From Last Flight To Abuja / Download Last Flight To Abuja To Your Phone / 'last Flight To Abuja' Rated '4' In The Uk Cinemas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by cap28: 1:11pm On Jun 16, 2012
omar22:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AE1PTAfRms

Wow Air Arik

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin - nollywood in action - this is what happens when you try to sprint before you've learnt how to crawl grin grin grin
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by cheikh: 9:48pm On Jun 16, 2012
cap28
i remember when an arnold schwazzeneger film about a terrorist attack on america had to be postponed because it was to premiere on Sept 15 2001 - 4 days after 911. Of course such conventions do not apply in nigeria where making money is more important than human lives.
(

@^^ The premiere is not in Nigeria and such conventions do not apply this time, considering the fact that 3days of mourning has been observed/declared by Lucky Joe for Nigerians worldwide.
Schwazzeneger has the clout/bargaining power to cancel/postpone a premiere but I doubt if the Nigerian film makers have the financial muscle to do the same in U.K. considering the contracts already signed about the venue, tickets, hotels etc. The producer/director of the film is a Nigerian, so I believe that he's very much aware and sensitive to the crash/coincidence. Also, most of the UK punters were adamant that the show must go on as per phone-ins to BENtv with Obi Emelionye present dialoging/seeking their views whether to cancel/postpone the premiere. It's very much out of his hands/control. Please be a little charitable to his judgement. It is beyond mere making money. Besides, many atrocious deaths occur on our roads daily even on the said day of the plane crash apart from the war going on all over the place in Nigeria. Do their lives not matter too? Flags and 3days mourning are never lowered/declared for ordinary mortals who die on our roads daily or victims of Boko Haram in the country. Nigerians are more likely to die on their roads according to UN reports sadly. Sensitivity about deaths of Nigerians within and outside of the country is not exactly a national attribute of ours especially by the government, never mind the 3days mourning declaration by Lucky Joe and his cohorts seeking an excuse to have an undeserved break from numerous scandals bedevilling them. Cynicism and contempt of fellow citizens by the pseudo-elite is the norm.
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by BlackBaron: 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2012
The aircraft rendering in that movie is below par and mediocre. Looks very cartoonish undecided

I'd seen better vfx by amateurs on youtube using adobe after effects and other softwares.
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 16, 2012
BlackBaron: The aircraft rendering in that movie is below par and mediocre. Looks very cartoonish undecided

I'd seen better vfx by amateurs on youtube using adobe after effects and other softwares.

Wårreva, your point is noticed. Jst go ånd worship ur Hollywood and mk sure u don't forget to shove everything they give up ur throat. Mtcheew.
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by dont8(m): 7:21am On Jun 17, 2012
Ije baby, I've bought our ticket to go see the movie in Goldenbird cinema. wink
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by yam: 12:32pm On Jun 17, 2012
cheikh: texazzpete

@^^ It's unfortunate and Uncanny coincidence. Contracts have been signed long before the "Dana Air disaster". I don't think they have the kind of clout to cancel/renege on the already signed contracts pertaining to the venue, air tickets ,hotels and etc. Besides, Omosexy and majority of the U.K. punters, insisted that the premier must go ahead despite the unfortunate "Dana" crash. Her husband is a pilot so it's almost close to home for her. Life and show must continue anyway sad wink. The losses could cripple the "film" maker(s) as per reasons above if they did otherwise.

Never the less,it is just a typical nigeria way of doing things.
i am sure there was not a minutes for silent for the bereaved.
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 17, 2012
yam:

Never the less,it is just a typical nigeria way of doing things.
i am sure there was not a minutes for silent for the bereaved.

My frnd, before talking; always search and verify. Nairalanders argue blindly, way too much.
If you must know, there is a minute silence for 'em. Infact, the premiere of the movie(& the movie itself) was dedicated to those who lost their Lives in the crash. I hope you now have a change of mind....¿. nigerians do it, so what? Stop generalizing things. If something was done this same manner in the US, I'm sure non of you will complain. Instead, you will be here defending their motive.....smh, I'm out.
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by ijebabe: 5:27pm On Jun 17, 2012
dont8: Ije baby, I've bought our ticket to go see the movie in Goldenbird cinema. wink
we're divorced angry
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by blackboy12(m): 11:10am On Jun 18, 2012
cooljust walking by
Re: Last Flight To Abuja (pics) by VillageBoi(m): 12:40pm On Jun 25, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I just want to clear up a bit of the air here as some have not got the full info. As someone that did go for the premiere I can say a little bit more. First of all, the team behind the 'premiere' did an amazing job. They updated everything in light of what happened recently. The film had a start credit dedication to the people that lost their lives in the Nigeria plane crash (the editing was only completed THAT evening) and the normal A5 size poster they usually give out was updated to an A5 booklet remembering the victims of 'both' crashes (Ghana & Nigeria). It listed the names of the victims.

When the incidents happened they were going to scrap the Premiere but the spoke with people in 'high' places and victims families. The feedback they got was "Please go ahead with it as it is now so relevant".

The 'usher' guys/girls were in Pilot & Air Hostess uniforms... oh and the wristbands were really cool.

The trailer most of you have seen has very old VFX in it (I think it was the first run VFX and is as crappy as hell). Even I laughed my ass off when I first saw the trailer many months ago. I can tell you that the new VFX work is much better. For once the writing was so much better than 95% of all Nigerian films. The pacing was brilliant, the intercutting was spot on, the weaving of various character storylines was so refreshing. Did it have flaws? Absolutely! But I still rate this as a fantastic Nigerian movie and can't wait to own the DVD.

We really should all be proud that Nigerian filmmaking is getting better (well in very few cases). This IS one of those few cases. We always compare our things to Hollywood - those guys have 85yrs of experience on us and an almost bottomless pot of money - yet THEY still make utter rubbish. Please stop hating on your own all of the time and support Nigerian filmmaking. I think a big shake up is starting to happen and those that are good filmmakers will rise to the top. Nouvelle Nollywood!!

PS - Una think say na for free I give una all this useful info? Ok na free but please pack yaself and go and watch my own short Nigerian film for FREE online. And please leave some feedback on the thread - I no mind yabbing as long as it is constructive.
Enjoy 'Sweet Sixteen' - https://www.nairaland.com/866173/new-short-film

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kung Fu Panda 4 MP4 (HD Movie Quality) Download / "Black Val" Premiere: Toyin Aimakhu, Iyabo Ojo, Dayo Amusa, Desmond Elliot / BBN6: White Money's Instagram Account Is Back. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.