Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,769 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria (18181 Views)

Get Free University Schoolarship,discover How2score 300 In Jamb Garranteed / Application For Tuition Free University In Norway Is On / Registration In Progress: Tuition Free University In Norway, Finland Sweeden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by miteolu(m): 12:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
The Rochas Foundation, a charity organization dedicated to the educational development of the less-privileged, is developing facilities to open Nigeria’s first free university.

The Foundation currently owns and runs five secondary schools around the country offering free education to indigent students. The schools are located in Ogboko (in Imo State); Owerri, Kano, Ibadan, and Jos.

The Principal of the Rochas Foundation College in Jos, Mr Ugbobor Daniel, spoke of the ongoing preparation to establish the free university while receiving a bus donated to the Jos College yesterday.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/education/169992-okorocha-rochas-imo-state-governor-to-build-first-free-university-in-nigeria.html

6 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by deleo16(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2012
God will continue to bless this man these are the people we need in this country. Churches opening university need to learn from this example if not total scholarship at least half scholarship is ok

7 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
That's commendable and worthy of emulation, keep it up! the people's gonvernor
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by rakumiii(m): 4:32pm On Jun 12, 2012
This is the kind of thing that a man does and leaves an everlasting legacy behind.........These kids can never forget this man........Very nice work...
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by otokx(m): 4:37pm On Jun 12, 2012
Tales by sunlight

4 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Opoki(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
I LovE THIS MAN!
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by amosy007: 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
otokx: Tales by sunlight
cheesy cheesy grin joke of d century

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by miteolu(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2012
This is easy on paper.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by doctokwus: 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
Tuition free university is neither practical nor sustainable.Its either d report is wrong in d sense dat it won't b absolutely free or d funding will come frm somewhere dat wudnt benefit d state

4 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Businesstools(m): 4:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
Let's wait and see.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by niddamugu(m): 4:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
What is this man up to?....My wife returned from Umuahia to Lagos yesterday. In fact she could not help but sing the praise of Rochas. She said Owerri is something else in terms of beauty........... Gr8 job Rochas.

doctokwus: Tuition free university is neither practical nor sustainable.Its either d report is wrong in d sense dat it won't b absolutely free or d funding will come frm somewhere dat wudnt benefit d state

miteolu: This is easy on paper.

There is nothing impossible. Where there is a will there is a way.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by tivta(m): 4:44pm On Jun 12, 2012

Just because the likes of Jonathan and Obasanjo cant do it doesnt mean Rochas cant. Be optimistic for once in your life.

8 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by oayombo: 4:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
Let him complete the project first, it's easier said than done.

1 Like

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
Wat wil it cost u to atleast be optimistic for once in ur life time?
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Akintola11(m): 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
The latest installment of ‘This Week in Nigeria’!!! Dana Air Crash investigators get help from US, Boko Haram strike again, Fuel subsidy probe chairman accused of accepting bribes, the writers of the week section & much more!!

http://thinkafricapress.com/nigeria/blog/week-nigeria-us-experts-aid-plane-crash-investigation
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by chrishenzo: 4:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
[size=14pt]Please Seun and His Demi-gods, it is high time you guys stop posting thread with "To Build, To Manufacture, Will These, Will That " on the front page. You guys can monitor the "To Build Project" until it has been completed. We have seen a lot of "To This To That " but nothing to show of it.

Please I take God beg una, stop putting this on the front page. I don't know about others, but as for me I am fed up with it. I need action not words

Thank you
[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Ournaija: 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
This man has been out of the news for a while.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by PapaBrowne(m): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
SUSTAINABILITY.

How do you sustain a university without any grants or tuition fees. Wouldn't quality be affected seriously.

Except he is going to use tax payers money to run it. Seriously,a university is totally different from a secondary school.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by slimming: 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2012
chrishenzo: [size=14pt]Please Seun and His Demi-gods, it is high time you guys stop posting thread with "To Build, To Manufacture, Will These, Will That " on the front page. You guys can monitor the "To Build Project" until it has been completed. We have seen a lot of "To This To That " but nothing to show of it.

Please I take God beg una, stop putting this on the front page. I don't know about others, but as for me I am fed up with it. I need action not words

Thank you
[/size]

Guy, that is Nigeria for you o.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2012
For those that are saying it's not practicable, do you know that the Rochas foundation already runs several schools free of charge in the six geo-political zones of the country.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 12, 2012
Igboo kwenuu! This is indeed a man of the people,unlike Udenwa who...lemme stop here
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
Please Rochas should bring one to Enugu state.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by AnotherOkija: 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
More tales from Shakespeare Okorocha
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
Another Okija: More tales from Shakespeare Okorocha
This is Rochas foundation that has built more than five schools throughout the federation.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by cardoso111(m): 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
Rochas will do it with free tuition.Let the likes of Otedoola ,Dangote and many benefit the lives of the needy rather than running after FORBES position

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Kulas: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
Lets call Spade a spade.ROCHAS OKOROCHA is trying,lets appreciate and encourage him.He is already rich before he join politics,hence not in politics because of the greed for money.For thats what makes Nigerian politicians to be corrupt and non performing.Also he has no godfather that injected money and install him who will in turn be controlling him and demanding monthly returms from him,so he is a man of his own and thats why he is performing.If other governors become governors thru this means or posses half of Rochas characteristics,Nigeria would have been better.Kudos to Owelle Rochas Okorocha.It shall be well with you.Ride on!!!

6 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by gbadexy(m): 5:12pm On Jun 12, 2012
The man has been known for his charity works so I'm not surprised.
He may have running investments that he plans to use for running the university.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
doctokwus: Tuition free university is neither practical nor sustainable.Its either d report is wrong in d sense dat it won't b absolutely free or d funding will come frm somewhere dat wudnt benefit d state
even if it's gonna come from somewhere. The most important thing is that, the students are not gonna pay.

2 Likes

Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by AnotherOkija: 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva:
This is Rochas foundation that has built more than five schools throughout the federation.

I know bro..

Building a free secondary school is one thing.. But a free University... Ka anyi na fu..
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by crackhouse(m): 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2012
oayombo: Let him complete the project first, it's easier said than done.
now i can see the PDP members in NL.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
Another Okija:

I know bro..

Building a free secondary school is one thing.. But a free University... Ka anyi na fu..
What does a university have that a secondary school does not have little of. It's not like he's building a Harvard.
Re: Rochas To Build First Free University In Nigeria by Leoejiofor(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
What of employment, he have nt done anything in that aspect. Is only to construct road's, nd graduating people every year. Without minding that , ther are many people that are jobless in his state. The schools we have in nigeria today is enough for us.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Writing Jamb This Saturday? You Must Read This! / Banks To Get JAMB 2017 And DE Forms / Which Nigerian University Has The Best Part Time Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.