Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,814 members, 7,844,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive (14107 Views)

BIZARRE: 17-year-old Igbo Girl Sells Her Child For N500,000 In Ondo (PHOTO) / 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her Baby In Onitsha For N500,000 (Photo) / Mother Sells Her Child For 300,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Afam4eva(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
odumchi: Aru e meela na obodo.
Nka bu ezigbo alu.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Chubhie: 4:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
What could be her reason? Hope we wont get to the level of mothers eating their young due to hunger in the land....
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Yorisb: 4:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
ifyalways: Sold to who?
Why does it seem like they are not interested in finding out the people that bought the kids, huh?

Good question. Who dey buy these children Those patronizers also need to be unmasked/arrested else this brutal ''trade'' will continue!
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by dayokanu(m): 4:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
Igbo kwenu
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by bashr8: 4:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
dustbin journalism , sold to who and where.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by bashr8: 4:33pm On Jun 12, 2012
dayokanu: Igbo kwenu
dont get excited they learn it from yorubas who have been doing it , thats what happens when igbos reside in yorubaland they learn all the bad things yorubas do

man who sold his day-old baby for N350,000.

26 year-old Mr. Abraham Olaniyan, a resident of Alabgado area of Lagos State was recently arrested for selling his day-old baby

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/05/24/what-could-make-a-father-sell-his-own-child-for-money/

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Flexie(m): 4:46pm On Jun 12, 2012
most of you blame and speak about tribe, and after you rubbish tribes who fight each other, this are all foolishness of the highest other. We are all one when we fight and argue it leads to tribal war. CAN YOU SATND WAR. Think twice befor you post

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by noiseless: 4:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
You mean like screaming alakubaru immedietely after jumaat boko meeting with red eyes and blowing up every church with innocent worshipers you set your eyes on? Blood drunk TERRORIST!
nagoma:

a small proportion. NL cannot cope with their crimes.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by naijaking1: 4:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
bashr8: dont get excited they learn it from yorubas who have been doing it , thats what happens when igbos reside in yorubaland they learn all the bad things yorubas do

man who sold his day-old baby for N350,000.

26 year-old Mr. Abraham Olaniyan, a resident of Alabgado area of Lagos State was recently arrested for selling his day-old baby

http://www.bellanaija.com/2012/05/24/what-could-make-a-father-sell-his-own-child-for-money/

Thank, jare.
You see how Nairaland works very hard to promote tribalism and Igbo bashing. Who would have believed that this psychiatric woman would be given a front page coverage if not for her Igbo name?
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by redsun(m): 5:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
The magnitude of what she did is no where near what animals like tinubu and david mark get away with every day as political juggernauts. Their everyday actions comdemn hundreds of nigerian children to their early graves everyday and turn suppose adults to mere savages and jackals. That is why every nigeria wants to reap of the other by all times and by all means. From the clergies to even blind beggers. No feelings,no emotions and no cosideration.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by noiseless: 5:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
If she was in obodo oyibo she would be doing what her yahoo roba counterparts do, make as many kids as possible with multiple boyfriends to add to their multiple skills of defrauding the benefit system, unfortunately for her she is only in lagos with where only the NURTW rules.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Biggyd2: 5:09pm On Jun 12, 2012
Nobody told us who the buyers are. I pray that those kids ended up in homes where they will be loved and cherished. This woman has no business being with humans talkless of children. I wonder what their lives would be growing with a parent such as this. The appropriate authority should take the remaining ones from her care. She is not fit to be called a mother!
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by bashr8: 5:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
Biggyd2: Nobody told us who the buyers are. I pray that those kids ended up in homes where they will be loved and cherished. This woman has no business being with humans talkless of children. I wonder what their lives would be growing with a parent such as this. The appropriate authority should take the remaining ones from her care. She is not fit to be called a mother!
that is because there are no buyers.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by MrUmaRu(m): 5:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva: She's Igbo and it makes the frontpage. SMH.
Bifor nko ?
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by odumchi: 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Nka bu ezigbo alu.

O bughi ma I kwuru ekwu.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by cap28: 5:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
poverty is the root of all evil.

she did this out of desperation - the blame should be planted firmly at the door of the callous, wicked and evil nigerian govt that has no safety net for the poor in nigeria who make up over 90% of the population.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by MrUmaRu(m): 5:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
nagoma:

a small proportion. NL cannot cope with their crimes.

Crimes ? ? Crimes is what ?
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by FSU: 5:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
Olalekan 0: I trust my yoruba mothers,a youba woman would rather toil to cater to those kids and die in the process than selling them for even a billion dollars! Iya ni wura!

Oyo: Jealous house wife arrested for allegedly killing step-son

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/apr/5/503.html
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by FSU: 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
38-yr-old woman kills mum, 70

Written by Olayinka Olukoya
Sunday, April 8, 2012

A 70 year-old woman Madam Abiola Abudu, has allegedly been slaughtered by her daughter, Bolanle Abiola, in Imeko-Afon Local Government Area of Ogun State, on Wednesday night.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/apr/8/609.html
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jun 12, 2012
Olalekan 0: I trust my yoruba mothers,a youba woman would rather toil to cater to those kids and die in the process than selling them for even a billion dollars! Iya ni wura!
biggest lie...mtcheewwwww
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Biggyd2: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
bashr8: that is because there are no buyers.

Well I worked on the premise of the information made available ie that she SOLD her children. Whatever the case maybe I pray the kids are safe and in good places where they are. Thanks though. wink
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by FSU: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
Ogun State Pastor Caught Trying To Use his Mother For Money Rituals

Residents of Agboku, a community in the Ado -Odo Local Government area of Ogun State were thrown into confusion and pandemonium on Thursday, 13th April , when news filtered out about the kidnap of a 70- year-old-woman, madam Aduke Karimu Sawo.

The kidnappers were believed to be money ritualists. But what alarmed people of Agboku was that they were allegedly sent by Pastor Rafiu Sawo, the biological son of the woman.

Born a Muslim 35 years ago, Rafiu Sawo is now a Christian and was the founder of Celestial Church of Christ, [Oke itura Parish,] Owode, Ogun state, which he shepherds. The old woman was reportedly kidnapped and taken far away on a chartered motorcycle popularly called Okada to a thick forest, near Ayede village where her throat was slashed with knife. Taken for dead, she was then covered with raffia
leaves and dumped by the bush path. Her assailants thereafter took leave of 'the corpse' to put a call across to Pastor Sawo to come over and sever the head as required for the money ritual .Unknown to them, Madam Aduke was still alive and she escaped to safely before they came for her.Recounting her ordeals and narrow escape , she told our reporter in a private clinic at Ado Odo, where she is still recuperating, that it was God that saved her.Telling her strange-but-true story, she said: "My name is Aduke, my husband's name is Sawo, now late. I am about seventy years old. I have five children, namely, Wahab, Silifat, Iyabode, Rashidat, and the one in question now is Rafiu.

Since my husband passed on, I have been charged with the responsibility of sending then to school and looking after their welfare.I suffered untold hardships and did all kinds of odd jobs to take care of myself and the children before old ages started catching up with me."Madam Aduke, who looked frail on the hospital stretcher stated further that, "some times I fetched water from the Ado-Odo streams to houses for a token in order to make ends meet. Also, I sold different herbs cut in the bush.

My other children are contend with this simple life and they assist me in my old age, Rafiu, who is the fourth in the family has always been the black sheep among them all. Like the prodigal son, Rafiu ran away to Ajangbadi, in the outskirts of Lagos where he stayed for close to three years, in the company of some friends of questionable character. I warned him to avoid the company of all bad friends to no avail.""Last week, we were planning for a burial ceremony. I was here in Ado-Odo with one of my daughters who had just given birth to a set of twins. Rafiu came here in the company of some of his friends.

He told me that they were planning to offer a sacrifice to appease the gods of the land in Agboku to avoid the untimely death of my children.I did not know that he had planned with his friends to kill me for money making ritual. He had already instructed the Okada man to drive me to the specific area where I would be killed. He rode hurriedly and dangerously. Along Agboku bush, I was told to say my last prayer.

I was further told that today was going to be my last day on earth. The Okada man said he had instruction to cut off my head to better the financial condition of my son, Rafiu and others. And before I could say anything, he had pushed me down from the bike, drawn up a sharp dagger and slashed my throat. Because he was in a hurry he slashed it half way. I lay face down on the floor and pretended that I had died as blood gushed out of my neck.He started making desperate calls to Rafiu to come and cut off my head.

When I saw that he had left to pick Rafiu, I managed to stand up and staggered away to the nearby village where I begged some people to save my life. They brought me here where I am presently receiving treatment."Speaking with the our correspondent , the Nurse in charge of the clinic said, "Initially I was reluctant to admit the woman because of the problems of these Egun speaking people around here. I changed my mind later because of her condition and the need to assist a fellow being.

She is presently on antibiotics and she is responding well to treatment. The Divisional Police Officer in charge of the Divisional Police Station Ado-Odo, one Mr. Adesina confirmed that the case was reported at the division but told our reporter that the information about the whereabouts of the suspect was still sketchy while investigations were still on going.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/crime/166459-ogun-state-pastor-caught-trying-to-use-his-mother-for-money-rituals.html
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
mallorca:
may Amadioha destroy ur evil soul,you are visionless
my point exactly....
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva:
Do i know you from somewhere? You sound retarded to say the least. Oya SCRAM.
gerrout johr.... U always go offpoint
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jun 12, 2012
How do you wake up one morning and sell your kids?

Children are precious. My Gosh!!, they're not properties. How do you go about selling your kids like people in the market?

If they didn't have the financial stability to take care of more than one, they should have stopped at that.

Gosh, there are women out there begging God everyday just for one child.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by parryon(f): 6:13pm On Jun 12, 2012
Did they call her a mother? I doubt if she is one.....imagine selling your children in other to survive forgetting that that same children will be the ones to bring you out of poverty. Wonders shall never end in this life............
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by ak47mann(m): 6:14pm On Jun 12, 2012
i thought this topic will reach 11 pages by now? oh well igbo tribalism is getting slimmer these days smiley because their is war going on in Nigeria they don't no were to escape from embarassed
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Goldieluks: 7:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
What are they using the kids for??
Evil mother!
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by foyeks2001(f): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
what others are crying for....this one turned herself to dogs owner
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Ozegbe(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
maybe she was given birth to the kids just to sell.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graphic: Soon To Be Wedded Military Couple Killed By Unknown Gun Men / Hosea Akuchi Killed, His Wife Talatu Hosea Akuchi Kidnapped In Kaduna / Have You Heard Of Oke-ite Charm? Do You Know What It's All About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.