Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive (14102 Views)

BIZARRE: 17-year-old Igbo Girl Sells Her Child For N500,000 In Ondo (PHOTO) / 17-Year-Old Girl Sells Her Baby In Onitsha For N500,000 (Photo) / Mother Sells Her Child For 300,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Knnawuba(m): 12:22pm On Jun 12, 2012
A mother of five kids, Mrs Ijeoma Okafor, resident in Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria, has reportedly sold three out of her five kids. The 39-year old woman had been on the trail of the police after she sold two of her kids and was eventually arrested after she sold the third one.

Police sources at State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos said she confessed to selling two of her kids at the Mammy Market, Navy Town before the third one. She was arrested and charged to Yaba Magistrate’s court with child trafficking and trade.

Ijeoma was charged along with her other accomplices, Nkechi Eke, 37, and Benjamin Uche, 40, who facilitated the deal.
They are remanded at Ikoyi Prison, Lagos, after they were arraigned before the court. We gathered that their activities were exposed when Ijeoma, who delivered a child 12 months ago, contacted them that she wanted to sell the boy.

They arranged with a buyer at a Mammy Market in Navy Town where they had earlier sold the last two kids.
They were arrested and handed over to the police in the area. The matter was later transferred to SCID. They were charged to court where they pleaded not guilty.

The presiding Magistrate, Mrs. M.O. Taniwola granted them bail in the sum of N100, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
The matter was adjourned till 21 June, 2012, while they were remanded in prison custody at Ikoyi, Lagos pending when they will meet their bail conditions.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top-stories/169757-ijeoma-okafor-lagos-mother-sells-her-children-to-survive.html
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Zi: 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2012
After I read this article: https://www.nairaland.com/961605/chinese-couple-sells-all-three, I knew it will soon be coming home. My shock now is that it is already home!
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by ifyalways(f): 2:16pm On Jun 12, 2012
Sold to who?
Why does it seem like they are not interested in finding out the people that bought the kids, huh?

Na wao .

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2012
She's Igbo and it makes the frontpage. SMH.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by amosy007: 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2012
Well thats the situation we found ourselves.. She sold future president/armed robber to survive. Crazy things!

Hw much by d way?
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by amosy007: 3:25pm On Jun 12, 2012
afam4eva: She's Igbo and it makes the frontpage. SMH.
its not abt her tribe.. Its abt the topic. I bet it woulda make homepage if it other tribes..
U knw such topics derive traffic 4 seun

4 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by miteolu(m): 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
Whom to blame in this act 2 scene 3 drama
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 12, 2012
Wonders they say, shall never end
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by declem(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2012
Make una live d woman jare,as she no get moni nko..who wan giv them...abeg sell the remaining children..make u hammer...

3 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by aljharem(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2012

SMH for you, if it was boko haram you would not mind because it is about the north.

I wonder how many Igbo crime related topics get to the front page or even Nairaland

7 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 12, 2012
She needs psychiatric evaluation. The judiciary supposed to know that.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by yemmight(m): 3:29pm On Jun 12, 2012
Igbo's love for money. Kai.

6 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Onasa22: 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
How could a normal human being sell her children? Na wao, wonders shall never end

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Olalekan0(m): 3:34pm On Jun 12, 2012
I trust my yoruba mothers,a youba woman would rather toil to cater to those kids and die in the process than selling them for even a billion dollars! Iya ni wura!

7 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Afam4eva(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2012
I've head terrible stories about that mammy market.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by rinora(f): 3:37pm On Jun 12, 2012
Olalekan 0: I trust my yoruba mothers,a youba woman would rather toil to cater to those kids and die in the process than selling them for even a billion dollars! Iya ni wura!

Dude,pls dont turn it into a tribal thing abeg,wat does yoruba ve to do wif it now....smh

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by mallorca(m): 3:40pm On Jun 12, 2012
may Amadioha destroy ur evil soul,you are visionless
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by omoh9ja: 3:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
What a foolish mother!ion blame her sha bt the leaders that are making life confusing and hard for their citizens,bt even as dat how cud a mother have such a wicked heart?and the police are nt even concerned on how to locate doz who bought the first n 2nd child...what a country n a world we are leaving in.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Afam4eva(m): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
mallorca:
may Amadioha destroy ur evil soul,you are visionless
Do i know you from somewhere? You sound retarded to say the least. Oya SCRAM.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by gbadexy(m): 3:43pm On Jun 12, 2012
I just can't stop shaking my head as I am typing this post. Does this woman qualify to be called a human, imagine breeding children like dog and after delivery going to look for the buyer after having sold the other two.
I guess why she didn't sell the other two would be because they didn't match the age requirement of the buyers.
She doesn't see the children as human, rather as money fetching livestocks. Some people and love for money sha.
I think the other children should be taken from her, they are better off in orphanages before she finds some ritualist or other people that have use for them.

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by ebamma(m): 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
abeg who be d father of those kids were she born,abi na she dey fucck herself put belle.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by tessyade: 3:45pm On Jun 12, 2012
ifyalways: Sold to who?
Why does it seem like they are not interested in finding out the people that bought the kids, huh?

Na wao .
I wonder too o! How come the buyers were not mentioned at all?

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jun 12, 2012
that woman must be insane! why are children always victims of an adult's misfortune? she would have sold herself and allow the kids to stay. imagine! mammy market for dat matter! as if its pepper and tomatoes she sold! nothing wey pesin no go hear for naija!! smh!
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by redsun(m): 3:48pm On Jun 12, 2012
Nigerians tend to find cheap and dubious solutions in every thing. Even if means selling their mama,just to get that cash,they will.

And the people that bought them could just be using them for money making rituals that never works or by miracle themed pastors,like tb joshua to supp.en pregnant.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by achi4u(m): 3:49pm On Jun 12, 2012
that woman need help she's mentaly unstable.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Afam4eva(m): 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2012
redsun: Nigerians tend to find cheap and dubious solutions in every thing. Even if means selling their mama,just to get that cash,they will.

And the people that bought them could just be using them for money making rituals that never works or by miracle themed pastors,like tb joshua to supp.en pregnant.
Pls don't put this on Nigerians. Human beings were brought up differently and circumstances in life can make anyone go into anything bad. It's unfortunate that only people who run around naked are termed mad whereas people like this woman belong to that category. When people's brains are fried, they can do just abolut anything. Just thanks your stars that your parents made sure you turned out well.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by justwise(m): 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
declem: Make una live d woman jare,as she no get moni nko..who wan giv them...abeg sell the remaining children..make u hammer...

Are you not heartless? I'm sure that ur parents made a mistake for not selling you.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by odumchi: 3:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
Aru e meela na obodo.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by foluks24(f): 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
she has actually lost her senses and forgoten wat it takes to be a mother .she ought to av sold herslf to feed her children radar dan goin d oda way,cos dat is wat a real modar does.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by Domaro: 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2012
Question 4 u pls, aboki way hate moni. Is it good to kill them for moni or better still allow them to die out of starvation. Remember that they sold Joseph of the old(in the Bible) and he became Govonor in forien land. Maybe God want send them where they will make better meaning out of their lives. Dont forget man most eat to survive
yemmight: Igbo's love for money. Kai.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by azubaby(f): 3:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
never judge pple base on dir tribe. Any body can do any evil or gud tin.
Re: Ijeoma Okafor Sells Her Children To Survive by nagoma(m): 4:02pm On Jun 12, 2012
alj harem:

SMH for you, if it was boko haram you would not mind because it is about the north.

I wonder how many Igbo crime related topics get to the front page or even Nairaland

a small proportion. NL cannot cope with their crimes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security Operatives Recover AK47 Rifles After Car Was Hijacked By Robbers.Photos / Police Arrest 108 Naval Impersonators In Lagos / Hosea Akuchi Killed, His Wife Talatu Hosea Akuchi Kidnapped In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.