Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

E-passport Interview - Help! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / E-passport Interview - Help! (4656 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / U.s Visa Interview....Help needed! / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

E-passport Interview - Help! by abbyorun: 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2012
Hello All,

I am due to attend an interview for Nigerian passports for myself and my children. Can someone please please help?

Do I have to take my children to the interview. Dont relish the prospect of a whole day at Nigerian embassy with school aged children
what documents do I need please? All I got from the website was

signed application form, 2 passport sized photographs, aknowledgement and payment form

Now someone is telling me I need £20 postal order, one for myself and 3 for my three children,

Guarantors form, signed and sworn? does the guarantor have to be Nigerian based?

Do I need any additional document especially with regards to my kids?
i do not want to do repeated trips to the embassy...where is the embassy please?

sorry for all the many questions ooo but like I said I dont want to do double journey, cant afford the time off and my travel is set for next month.

ok, thank you muchest...Abigail
Re: E-passport Interview - Help! by justwise(m): 7:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
abby_orun: Hello All,

I am due to attend an interview for Nigerian passports for myself and my children. Can someone please please help?

Do I have to take my children to the interview. Dont relish the prospect of a whole day at Nigerian embassy with school aged children
what documents do I need please? All I got from the website was

signed application form, 2 passport sized photographs, aknowledgement and payment form

Now someone is telling me I need £20 postal order, one for myself and 3 for my three children,

Guarantors form, signed and sworn? does the guarantor have to be Nigerian based?

Do I need any additional document especially with regards to my kids?
i do not want to do repeated trips to the embassy...where is the embassy please?

sorry for all the many questions ooo but like I said I dont want to do double journey, cant afford the time off and my travel is set for next month.

ok, thank you muchest...Abigail

Your kids fingerprint, digital picture and signature have to be taken, so in that case they need to be there.

The postal order is a must, you may not even be allowed in without having it.

So buy the poster order for everyone of you, print out the online payment page and the page that contains your details.

I did not go with any guarantee form.
Re: E-passport Interview - Help! by abbyorun: 7:21pm On Jun 12, 2012
thank you so much. that's been most helpful. Now how to work out what to tell the school and how to drag three children into central london on a workin day at rush hour

thanks again.

Abigail X
Re: E-passport Interview - Help! by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
abby_orun: thank you so much. that's been most helpful. Now how to work out what to tell the school and how to drag three children into central london on a workin day at rush hour

thanks again.

Abigail X

I can understand where you coming from, but try and go as early as possible to avoid queue. If you got there early it takes less time to get done.
Re: E-passport Interview - Help! by abbyorun: 10:32pm On Jun 21, 2012
hello,
just to say thank you so much, got some very good advise prior to my "interview" at the Nigerian embassy in london this week. It was not much of an interview. More like checking if you had the right documents for a Nigerian passport. we got there 8:30AM and were done by 1PM. Going back next week to collect the passports smiley!

Process was painless(I suppose I had prepared for the worst!). The queues moved fast and orderly, considering they deal with new applications, visa applications, collection of passport and everything else in between!.

I was pleasantly surprised! One thing though, although the website does mentions 2 passport sized photographs, this is not needed as you will still have your picture taken as part of the process. Also do read the entries CAREFULLY before they hit the submit button. Failure to do so will invalidate your new passport and you will have to pay $65 and start the process all over again...I observed some very interesing and unhappy exchanges of words. Not sure if this is useful to anyone: but if you plan to revert to your maiden name(for the ladies now) there is an additional charge of £40 postal order, marriage certificate and divorce certficate....I was eaveasdropping tongue...erm..thats all really. Just thought someone may benefit from my experience...Tara for now

1 Like

Re: E-passport Interview - Help! by justwise(m): 10:51pm On Jun 21, 2012
abby_orun: hello,
just to say thank you so much, got some very good advise prior to my "interview" at the Nigerian embassy in london this week. It was not much of an interview. More like checking if you had the right documents for a Nigerian passport. we got there 8:30AM and were done by 1PM. Going back next week to collect the passports smiley!

Process was painless(I suppose I had prepared for the worst!). The queues moved fast and orderly, considering they deal with new applications, visa applications, collection of passport and everything else in between!.

I was pleasantly surprised! One thing though, although the website does mentions 2 passport sized photographs, this is not needed as you will still have your picture taken as part of the process. Also do read the entries CAREFULLY before they hit the submit button. Failure to do so will invalidate your new passport and you will have to pay $65 and start the process all over again...I observed some very interesing and unhappy exchanges of words. Not sure if this is useful to anyone: but if you plan to revert to your maiden name(for the ladies now) there is an additional charge of £40 postal order, marriage certificate and divorce certficate....I was eaveasdropping tongue...erm..thats all really. Just thought someone may benefit from my experience...Tara for now

Thanks for coming back with this update, glad it went well for you.
Re: E-passport Interview - Help! by beetee12: 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2015
Hi!

Ive just applied for an e-passport online; just realized that my marital status on my application is "married" but I'm single,(The layout of the online form was quite confusing, I thought they were asking of the marital status of my next of kin, due to the way the questions were llaid out) and also my height is wrong! . Could this affect / delay my application. Got an interview 2 weeks time (London)

Looking forward to your replies!
Re: E-passport Interview - Help! by 19naia(m): 11:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
What is the definition of a Guarantor by Nigerian immigration terms? Is it one who attest to your family connection and right to be recognized as a citizen? Does it have to be a family member or Local community/government authority?

(1) (Reply)

Lithuania Embassy In Nigeria / FAAN Withdraws Services From Gombe, Kebbi Airports Over N800m Debt / Is It Possible To Travel With 1month Left To The Expiry Of Ur Visa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.