Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? (2171 Views)

Can A Christian Be Justify & Still Be Guilty As Charged? / Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? / Must A Christian Be Baptized In A River? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by God2man(m): 11:05pm On Jun 12, 2012
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Ephesian 6:10.

i asked some church members this question; How can a christian be strong in the Lord?
Wearing the whole armour of God is not easy, how can we become a better christian?
Some christians will pray and there will be an instant answer, while some will have to struggle for some time before receiving the answer, some will not even pray and the answer will come, it is also a fact that some will not even receive an answer, so i believe everything depends on our relationship with God, but the truth is that these powerful christians must have paid a great price to get to this level, my question is, what have they done?
Let's have your own contribution. God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by 2bey(m): 11:58pm On Jun 12, 2012
Good communication is the basic thing needed for any relationship to work, you get to know God through His word (the bible), his promises are there for you to tap into but first you have to be as sincere as a new born, for more details check out the book of James 4.
Re: How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by 2bey(m): 12:01am On Jun 13, 2012
Good communication is the basic thing needed for any relationship to work, you get to know God through His word (the bible), his promises are there for you to tap into but first you have to be as sincere as a new born, for more details check out the book of James 4 and 5.
Re: How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by Goshen360(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2012
When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures. James 4:3 Niv

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. 1 Jn. 5:14 Niv

I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete." Luke 6:47-49 Niv

I believe acting the word of God in Faith is the Key with the right motives according to God's will at a given time.

"Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. Acts 20:32 Niv
Re: How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by Joagbaje(m): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2012
To be strong in the lord is to take advsntage of grace and ability in God. There are different sides to answeres to prayers. We learn to recieve. God has granted our peitions but we must learn how to recieve,if not we may not see the answer even tnough its been granted in christ. and ofcourse our demand must be based on his will.
Re: How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by Image123(m): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2012
Jo, where ve ye been?
Re: How Can A Christian Be Strong In The Lord? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2012
God2man: , so i believe everything depends on our relationship with God,
Totally agree!
Let's see:
According to the Bible, adultery is a sin.
However, Abraham, David, Solomon, Noah and many others were great adulterers, recognized as such.
God did not punish, by contrast, rewarded.
The relationship with God is important, no matter whether we sin or not.
Thanks for the blessings.

(1) (Reply)

. / Muslim Al Taqiyya: Article Claims Saying Allah Can Cures You / Do I think that I am very rich and wealthy, and why do I see myself so???...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.