Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,636 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

>>>how To Detect A Virus On A Pc<<< - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / >>>how To Detect A Virus On A Pc<<< (851 Views)

How To Detect An Hidden Camera In A Room / Deleted Files On A PC: Where Do They Go? / Short Cut Virus On My External Hard Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

>>>how To Detect A Virus On A Pc<<< by denniz(m): 6:09pm On Nov 24, 2007
guys,please could you help me on how to detect a virus on any pc and how to control it Can you also advice me on what to do?
Re: >>>how To Detect A Virus On A Pc<<< by Ralvy(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2007
Dennis, stop dulling angry
Don't tell me u don't know how to do that . . ? angry cool
The system may start responding slowly, taking longer to boot
Items may be disabled. . .

To control it, download Process Explorer . . .
Trace strange processes and suspend them . . .
Locate the files and get rid of themĀ  shocked sad smiley

re-enable some items using group policy or mess with the registry a bit cheesy

your system will be up and running, but expect more viruses and/or spyware . . .

If u no want, start using Ubuntu! cheesy grin angry shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry
Re: >>>how To Detect A Virus On A Pc<<< by opensource(m): 11:46am On Nov 27, 2007
In addition check for processes that run on system startup and any unusual one terminate it , but be careful not to stop windows processes or your system might not boot properly when next you restart.

Get a good anti-virus like Kaspersky 7.0 and run a full system diagnose. It is even advisable to purchase the Security suite and monitor http traffic and web viruses.

locate syscos.inf file on you c:/windows/inf and enable hidden programs installed on your system but aren't visible on remove panel . do a full uninstall and clear buffer , cookie even advisable to use a registry cleaner as some application still leave their registry keys even after un-installation.

when you are done man , The get AV installed on your system with proper firewall configured . most AV offers this and their default setting should be ok for you.

Then USE FireFox has little or less vulnerability expecially that of of sections and cookie manipualtion
Re: >>>how To Detect A Virus On A Pc<<< by denniz(m): 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2007
i,m trying to download the free trail of the kaspersky internet security now, hope it works.
Thanks!!!!
Re: >>>how To Detect A Virus On A Pc<<< by Ivvie: 8:17pm On Dec 21, 2007
Ralvy:

Dennis, stop dulling angry
Don't tell me u don't know how to do that . . ? angry cool
The system may start responding slowly, taking longer to boot
Items may be disabled. . .

To control it, download Process Explorer . . .
Trace strange processes and suspend them . . .
Locate the files and get rid of themĀ  shocked sad smiley

re-enable some items using group policy or mess with the registry a bit cheesy

your system will be up and running, but expect more viruses and/or spyware . . .

If u no want, start using Ubuntu! cheesy grin angry shocked cool tongue embarassed lipsrsealed undecided cry

Your method may work if the virus isn't a malicious type. The ones that will delete your system files and impessonate system files, kernels and dlls and then system locking themselves will habitate undisturbed. At this point, you might as well do a clean install because running a virus scan will detect and eliminate most of it with a price. You shut the system down and you cannot boot it back because most kernels would have been cleaned.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Survive Without Your P.c. / Need Help For Hp Pavillion 2850ei Drivers For Winxp / Now you can buy Reliable Cloud server (IaaS) at a VERY low cost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.