Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Prince Charles Celebrates 59th Birthday In RCCG - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prince Charles Celebrates 59th Birthday In RCCG (2742 Views)

Anita Oyakhilome Celebrates Her Mother's 70th Birthday In London....see Photos / Angel Descends From Heaven In RCCG Ebute-Metta Lagos / Bombshell In Rccg: Adeboye Abolishes Big Titles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Prince Charles Celebrates 59th Birthday In RCCG by upchair(m): 2:05pm On Nov 25, 2007
Prince Charles Celebrated his 59th birthday in Redeemed Cristian Church of God (RCCG) on 14th November 2007.

Excerpts from Punch Newspaper 25/11/2007.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Emotion was let loose on November 14 in London when Prince of Wales, Prince Charles celebrated his 59th birthday at the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Jesus House.

Jesus House is the largest parish in the United Kingdom.

He was in the company of his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, Lady Camilla.

Various dignitaries attended the service including the Bishop of London the Rt Hon Rev Richard John Carew Chartres the Vicar of Holy Trinity Brompton and founder of The Alpha Course Rev Nicky Gumbel, the General Director of the Evangelical Alliance, Rev Joel Edwards, Resident Pastor of Kingsway International Christian Church, London, Pastor Yemisi Ashimolowo, local MP, Mr Andrew Dismore, leader of Barnet Council, Councillor Mike Freer and Madam Mayor, Councillor Maureen Braun.

The Jesus House choir, ‘The Tribe of Judah’, led worship during the celebration.

The Senior Pastor of Jesus House, Pastor Agu Irukwu encouraged the congregation to invest in the nourishing of not only their bodies but of their spirit and their souls.

One of the highlights of the service was the spontaneous singing of Happy Birthday to Prince Charles.

Charles, who was elated at the honour bestowed on him, commended the church for being a role model.

He said, “In your church, you are doing the things that Jesus would do if he walked the streets of London today. You are all a marvellous example of how so many people whose families originate from the Commonwealth, have yourselves brought new life into the Christian church in the United Kingdom thereby completing the cycle started by missionaries from Britain so many years ago. So we have that to thank you for.

“I can‘t tell you what a joy it is to worship with you today. All I can tell you is that there is nowhere I would rather be on my birthday.”

Charles commended a great contribution made to the British society by a great number of churches operated by black people. “I want you to remember that it is highly appreciated by me and more and more by other people,” he said.

“Too often, it seems that the media are interested in the negative and stereotypical but you, if I may say so, are a wonderful and shining example,” he said.

He went further to initiate a possible collaboration between the Redeemed Christian Church of God and his charity initiative, The Prince‘s Trust.

“I just want to say that during my meeting earlier with Pastors and Bishops we were talking about ways of developing collaboration and links between my Prince‘s Trust –– which is now 31 years old –– and the black churches, so that we will be able, hopefully as a result of the discussions, to work more closely together around the country.”

The Duchess of Cornwall, Lady Camilla was also taken on a guided tour of Jesus House church office after the couple were presented with a birthday gift.

(1) (Reply)

Need George Adegboye's Messages On Cds,tapes: / Moses, Jesus, Then Other Claimed Prophets: / A Thread For Members Of Celestial Church Of Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.