Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident (4692 Views)

Banks Jittery Over Single Account As Buhari Takes Over / Forex Trading Conquered With Live Account As Proof / How To Own A Verified & Functional Paypal Account As A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 10:09am On Jun 14, 2012
Don't try selling me any report cos I wont buy. I bought one report in 2008 and it didnt work! I shared the info on my blog for others to access free but i don't know if it worked for anyone. I stopped the search because i didnt necessarily need the account but now i need it to start a particular business. Anyone with useful information? I've got some sites here but i want to hear from you first. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 1:32pm On Jun 14, 2012
I've found some sites that claim to help but these are problem with them. 1. Us-bank-account-goldfinger: Where ever i find someone recommending them, it's always the guy selling the manual. 2. Usaccountfornonresidents who have offices in US and Enugu: I emailed them since Sunday and i'm yet to get a reply. I sent a text on Monday and i was told i would be attended to on Tue but no one has contacted me. 3. Ewealthsuccess: They talked of a VISA card attached to a US account. My fear is, would this account be independent of them or is it somehow attached to them? Does anyone have a better option or has anyone had business with the mentioned sites above?
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by shanda(m): 7:04pm On Jun 14, 2012
I wanted to open a verified paypal account online at a time and I met a guy who claims he can help open a real bank account with any US bank. He provided me with proof. The cost then was around 35k, but I insisted I wanted the account with wells fargo. He said that would cost me about 55k, because they require intial deposit unlike the banks that fell under the first category. I felt it was too much...so I decided not to open it. Fortunately I was able to find other means of getting the money I make online. I opened an account with GTBank UK and that solved my problem. Meanwhile, I think the guy is genuine. I can provide you with his contact if you need it. Please. I am not this person in disguise...I have never done any business with him and I do not have a US bank account. Just trying to link you up with him, I'm not involved whatever decision you take after that.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 7:36pm On Jun 14, 2012
I'm glad u came around. I'll appreciate having the guy's contact. But most importantly I'd like to know how u opened ur account with GTBank UK. A UK acct too can serve my purpose. The payment processor i want to work with is based in the UK. Here's my phone contact: 08063306838. Thanks.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 11:18am On Jun 15, 2012
shanda: I wanted to open a verified paypal account online at a time and I met a guy who claims he can help open a real bank account with any US bank. He provided me with proof. The cost then was around 35k, but I insisted I wanted the account with wells fargo. He said that would cost me about 55k, because they require intial deposit unlike the banks that fell under the first category. I felt it was too much...so I decided not to open it. Fortunately I was able to find other means of getting the money I make online. I opened an account with GTBank UK and that solved my problem. Meanwhile, I think the guy is genuine. I can provide you with his contact if you need it. Please. I am not this person in disguise...I have never done any business with him and I do not have a US bank account. Just trying to link you up with him, I'm not involved whatever decision you take after that.
Thanks for the contact details you sent me. I'm awaiting ur call on the GTBank UK acct opening. Thanks onbe again.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 11:43am On Jun 16, 2012
Someone with experience with any of the sites mentioned above pls?
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by Tunjibodmas(m): 5:40pm On Jun 23, 2012
@NEKSUMMI, PLS I NEED INFO ON HOW U OPEN ACCT WITH GTBANK IN UK DIS WILL ALSO SERVE MY PURPOSE.PLS GET TO ME ON 07069791596 OR tunjibodmas86@yahoo.com thanks
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 8:06am On Jun 24, 2012
Still need more info.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by 2sexy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
neksummi: Still need more info.
I remember those days when we were crazy about US bank account.

Well check e-tradebank. Well fargo is one as stated but I think you may have your problem solve at etradebank. I can't remember the url but google knows it. *winks*
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by arbitrage: 7:28pm On Jun 24, 2012
www dot etrade dot com but I doubt if they will accept you because as at 2006 when I applied, they initially rejected me based on my country of origin though I was living outside Nigeria then. Later they wrote back to reconsider and then accepted me, sent my visa card, check booklet down all at zero account balance. Even all my card renewals and checkbooks till date are at no cost with the hardware token like that of GTB all fedex to me both when I was outside Nigeria and when I'm living in Nigeria.

www gtbankuk dot com is possible for you if you live in diaspora (UK) as they ask for address/utility bill/visa over there but you can submit to any of the GTB branch in Nigeria and your Nigerian branch can even serve as your reference in the application.

If your interest is UK account, why not open with UK bank like Barclays or Lyodd TSB but you will need about 5000 pounds minimum opening for their international bank account options. There are cards too through which you can have US bank account linked but they usually require US or UK address as appropriate. I even load/fund my US card automatically from my GTB naira mastercard or UBA africard but I go through my Moneybookers UK account or others.

If your overall desire is to just receive your UK payment here, your Nigerian bank accounts can receive directly, I know. At least I still received some pounds in May to my Union DOM after Zenith was doing shakara when I initially used them. Weigh your options though I think those sites you listed are also sellers of info on how to get it. try dollarat dot com as well if you still insist on US bank option or hsbc dot com
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by 2sexy(m): 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2012
Wow. Nice one there. I actually learnt about etrade bank at dollarat.com back in 2008 after series of google search...
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by arbitrage: 11:32pm On Jun 24, 2012
Sorry, I meant to say I load/fund from the card instantly and not automatically.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 11:46pm On Jun 24, 2012
2sexy:
I remember those days when we were crazy about US bank account.

Well check e-tradebank. Well fargo is one as stated but I think you may have your problem solve at etradebank. I can't remember the url but google knows it. *winks*

Etrade don't offer the bank account I'm looking for. I was in contact with them in 2008 and they told they'd stopped accepting Nigerians.

arbitrage: www dot etrade dot com but I doubt if they will accept you because as at 2006 when I applied, they initially rejected me based on my country of origin though I was living outside Nigeria then. Later they wrote back to reconsider and then accepted me, sent my visa card, check booklet down all at zero account balance. Even all my card renewals and checkbooks till date are at no cost with the hardware token like that of GTB all fedex to me both when I was outside Nigeria and when I'm living in Nigeria.

www gtbankuk dot com is possible for you if you live in diaspora (UK) as they ask for address/utility bill/visa over there but you can submit to any of the GTB branch in Nigeria and your Nigerian branch can even serve as your reference in the application.

If your interest is UK account, why not open with UK bank like Barclays or Lyodd TSB but you will need about 5000 pounds minimum opening for their international bank account options. There are cards too through which you can have US bank account linked but they usually require US or UK address as appropriate. I even load/fund my US card automatically from my GTB naira mastercard or UBA africard but I go through my Moneybookers UK account or others.

If your overall desire is to just receive your UK payment here, your Nigerian bank accounts can receive directly, I know. At least I still received some pounds in May to my Union DOM after Zenith was doing shakara when I initially used them. Weigh your options though I think those sites you listed are also sellers of info on how to get it. try dollarat dot com as well if you still insist on US bank option or hsbc dot com

Thanks for this useful contribution. I was Guaranty Trust Bank Yola on Friday and the manager told me about UK address/utility bill stuff and I don't have that requirement.

About cards having US accounts linked, I'm in contact with a particular guy who offers the service at $95. It was $70 a few days ago but is now $95. My problem with the guy is that he has never replied any of the emails I sent him! My fear is if he doesn't reply my letters now that I'm trying to buy something from him, is it when I've paid him that he's going to respond to me? Don't know if anyone has had dealings with him: ewealthsuccess dot com?

I'll appreciate it if you told me the site you got your card from.

My desire is not just to receive payments from US or Uk cos I have a GTBank Dom account that could handle that. There's a particular payment processor I want to use for a business and Nigeria is not among the supported countries but some African's countries are. So that's the reason I'm looking for US or UK account.

Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by 2sexy(m): 12:49am On Jun 25, 2012
neksummi:

Etrade don't offer the bank account I'm looking for. I was in contact with them in 2008 and they told they'd stopped accepting Nigerians.

Thanks for this useful contribution. I was Guaranty Trust Bank Yola on Friday and the manager told me about UK address/utility bill stuff and I don't have that requirement.

About cards having US accounts linked, I'm in contact with a particular guy who offers the service at $95. It was $70 a few days ago but is now $95. My problem with the guy is that he has never replied any of the emails I sent him! My fear is if he doesn't reply my letters now that I'm trying to buy something from him, is it when I've paid him that he's going to respond to me? Don't know if anyone has had dealings with him: ewealthsuccess dot com?

I'll appreciate it if you told me the site you got your card from.

My desire is not just to receive payments from US or Uk cos I have a GTBank Dom account that could handle that. There's a particular payment processor I want to use for a business and Nigeria is not among the supported countries but some African's countries are. So that's the reason I'm looking for US or UK account.

Thanks for your contributions.
so na paypal dey make u do all this wahala? I laugh in tahiti.

Man, I don't have a paypal account yet I operate it from naija without getting banned and I never paid a dime to operate it. That's how I sold my website to an American last December.

Anyway, its going to be one of my product to sell. Yup! My own paypal secret lol!
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2012
2sexy:
so na paypal dey make u do all this wahala? I laugh in tahiti.

Man, I don't have a paypal account yet I operate it from naija without getting banned and I never paid a dime to operate it. That's how I sold my website to an American last December.

Anyway, its going to be one of my product to sell. Yup! My own paypal secret lol!

Did I mention paypal anywhere in my post? I have 2 paypal accounts! Is paypal the only payment processor that doesn't accept Nigerians that you know?
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 25, 2012
@neksummi why do you need a us bank account when you aint a u.s citizen? i dont think its easier to get nowadays though but there should be other better alternatives.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 2:10pm On Jun 25, 2012
babaearly: @neksummi why do you need a us bank account when you aint a u.s citizen? i dont think its easier to get nowadays though but there should be other better alternatives.

I don't need to be a US citizen to have a US bank account. There's a business I need to start and I need a merchant account called e-Wallet processed by Allied Wallet from London UK. Initially when I tried signing up, Nigeria was not among the countries supported by their program. But to my greatest surprise. I just checked them up and my dearly beloved Nigeria was listed! I was about paying $95 for the US account with Ewealthsuccess!

I may not need it again after all.

Thanks to everybody for your contributions.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by BSF: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2012
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by neksummi(m): 1:42am On Jun 28, 2012
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by janbr: 9:38am On Aug 12, 2012
For non-resident I can recommend the Payoneer Prepaid Debit MasterCard® Card and you get also Real USA Virtual bank account

[url]https://sites.google.com/site/usbankforme/
[/url]
You get Virtual bank account for free?
Get paid with the US Payment Service A US account and routing number linked to your card will allow you to receive US ACH/Direct Deposit transfers from select US corporations, including PayPal, Amazon, Google Adsense, CJ.com, Apple and more!

Receive payments from any of our partners Simply sign in to your online account with the partner and selec Payoneer as your payment method.

Anyone can load your card Receive private loads from anyone worldwide via Visa/MasterCard®.

https://sites.google.com/site/usbankforme/
https://sites.google.com/site/usbankforme/
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by freeccnow(f): 4:16pm On Feb 21, 2015
Opening up a US bank account has become easier since it can even be done online from your home. Even for the UK bank account, you can open it. I found an alternative for a free UK non-resident bank account.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by unitedweb: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
Without a Social Security Number (SSN) and physical presence in the United States, hardly you can get account open in any bank in the United States if you are not a resident, though some banks will require you to fill out a W-8 form to complete the account opening process.

If you are not a US citizen, you will not be required to have a US physical address, but you will need to present your foreign Passport along with 2 forms of identification: driver's license, State ID, or US Passport depends on the bank. Recently I was able to open MetaBank® account with the assistance and some information I got from usbanksaccount.com . You can also get account open with The Bancorp Bank using the same information.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by unitedweb: 7:48am On Apr 17, 2017
Try www.usbanksaccount.com or www.usbanksaccount.com/products/ we can assist in opening your account for both personal and business account in US, Canada, UK and other EU countries as listed on the website. We also have varieties of products to assist your online business.
Re: Need To Open A US Bank Account As A Non Resident by xdedanx: 6:08pm On Nov 22, 2017
You can give this site a trial. www.world-info-guide..com .Having a USA Bank account as NON resident is as easy as POSIBBLE. I assure you.

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Profitable POS Business In Nigeria That Generates Above #200,000 / Let's Pool Resources Together And Start A Business / Stanbic, City & Standard Bank Accounted For 70.7% Of Total Capital Importation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.