Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,148 members, 7,815,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Laptop Battery Not Charging - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Battery Not Charging (1702 Views)

Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging / My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? / Pls Help, My Laptop Is Not Charging! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptop Battery Not Charging by vicshownero(m): 10:39am On Jun 15, 2012
pls house my hp laptop recently developed a fault,no matter how long i charge it once i remove the charger i wil just discovered dt d battery didnt charge beyound 18percent,pls wat can u advice me to do.thanks
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by adetwin(m): 11:17am On Jun 15, 2012
1stly proof check! if ur charger & battery is workin by U testin with other Laptop & get back to us
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by vicshownero(m): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
thanks,pls how much is an original dell charger big mouth
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by tessyade: 2:04pm On Jun 15, 2012
The problem is either from your charger or likely the battery. Test your charger with another laptop and also test your battery with a similar laptop. You should be able to detect which of them is faulty.
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by vicshownero(m): 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2012
thanks
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by adetwin(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2012
Ur location ? We cud deliver @ ur Door Step... 4k Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 16, 2012
adetwin: Ur location ? We cud deliver @ ur Door Step... 4k Contact ADETWIN IT CONCEPT ENT. We are into all kinds of IT SUPPORT BB Pin: 07057140885/07082998588

Pls do u have hp pavilion dv6000 batery ? And hw much ? 07034551515
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by laptopsbattery(f): 3:36pm On Jul 19, 2012
Before you can use a new laptop effectively, you should charge its battery. When laptops are manufactured and shipped to buyers, they have discharged batteries. As a laptop battery undergoes repeated charges, it loses its capacitance, or ability to hold a charge for a long time.

Insert the battery into the laptop by clipping it into place. Consult your user manual if you need to determine the right alignment for the battery.

Plug the AC power adapter into the laptop and the wall.

Turn the laptop on and go through the initial setup.

Move the mouse cursor over the battery icon periodically to check its charge level. When it reaches full charge, either unplug the laptop or remove the battery. Exposing a laptop battery to constant charge even after it is fully charged reduces its working lifetime.

Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by bizworldusa34: 11:28am On Jul 20, 2012
If your laptop works fine while plugged in but stops working while unplugged it's likely that either your laptop battery is bad or your laptop is not charging the battery properly. Below are steps that can be taken to help identify the cause of this issue.

Leave power plugged in

Make sure the computer has been charging from the power plug for at least two hours before attempting to unplug it.

Remove and reconnect battery

In some situations the battery can become loose. Removing it and then put it back into the laptop.

How do I remove the battery from my laptop computer?
Third-party utility

Use a third-party battery utility to determine the total capacity of the battery. For example, BatteryCare is a free software utility capable of doing this.

Refresh battery

Some laptop manufacturers allow for batteries to be refreshed through the CMOS Setup.

Replace battery or AC adapter

If your computer is still in warranty we suggest skipping to the next step.

If the above steps have been completed, we suggest replacing the battery in the computer or AC adapter. In most situations it's a bad battery.

Thank you

Bizworldusa
Re: Laptop Battery Not Charging by tianjin: 3:56am On Nov 08, 2012
How do I remove the battery from my laptop DELL XPS L501x computer?
Third-party utility

Use a third-party battery utility to determine the total capacity of the battery. Dell XPS M1530 For example, BatteryCare is a free software utility capable of doing this.
Some laptop manufacturers allow for batteries to be refreshed through the CMOS Setup.

Replace battery or AC adapter

If your computer is still in warranty we suggest skipping to the next step.
If the above steps have been completed, we suggest replacing the battery in the computer or AC adapter. In most situations it's a bad battery.

(1) (Reply)

Laptop Wont Work..... Help / External Hard Disk Drive / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.