Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,375 members, 7,826,475 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Some Nigerians At The Auto-auction!!! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Some Nigerians At The Auto-auction!!! (1269 Views)

Why Can't I Find The Auto Drive??? / Most RIDICULOUS Things/myths You've Heard In The Auto Business / Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Nigerians At The Auto-auction!!! by Roland17(m): 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2012
My Cousin owns an Auto Dealership in New york and i have accompanied him several times when am not engaged with Academics to various Auto auctions in New-Jersey, Boston and Pennsylvania and i have noticed with dismay the behavioural attitude of many Nigerians at the auction, spanning from the way they dress to the auction, to the lousy way they express themselves without courtesy around the auction..

And my Cousin claims they are hugely responsible for the astronomical increase in the prices of Japanese cars especially the almighty Toyota Camry 1997-2004 models( well i don't know how true this is) but he claims Nigerians bid poorly thus over prize cars..

Does anyone share a similar experience or something entirely different about Nigerians in the Auction...
Re: Some Nigerians At The Auto-auction!!! by calculusx(m): 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2012
Roland17: My Cousin owns an Auto Dealership in New york and i have accompanied him several times when am not engaged with Academics to various Auto auctions in New-Jersey, Boston and Pennsylvania and i have noticed with dismay the behavioural attitude of many Nigerians at the auction, spanning from the way they dress to the auction, to the lousy way they express themselves without courtesy around the auction..

And my Cousin claims they are hugely responsible for the astronomical increase in the prices of Japanese cars especially the almighty Toyota Camry 1997-2004 models( well i don't know how true this is) but he claims Nigerians bid poorly thus over prize cars..

Does anyone share a similar experience or something entirely different about Nigerians in the Auction...

Your brother is right on the bolded part. The worst people to meet on Auto Auctions in USA are the Cotonou car dealers who move from one auto auction to another in large numbers with their colorful ankara grin. Once you meet them on Auction, you are likely not to buy any car except if you are not buying any Toyota Camry or Honda Accord on auction.
You identify them with their Colorful Ankara Attire, with their noisy behaviour, we call them "ARABA" grin grin
Re: Some Nigerians At The Auto-auction!!! by Roland17(m): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2012
calculusx:

Your brother is right on the bolded part. The worst people to meet on Auto Auctions in USA are the Cotonou car dealers who move from one auto auction to another in large numbers with their colorful ankara grin. Once you meet them on Auction, you are likely not to buy any car except if you are not buying any Toyota Camry or Honda Accord on auction.
You identify them with their Colorful Ankara Attire, with their noisy behaviour, we call them "ARABA" grin grin

I showed my cousin your post about Cotonou guys at the auction and he concurred with your assertion.. and guess what? i learnt a new word "ARABA" grin
Re: Some Nigerians At The Auto-auction!!! by Emperoh(m): 10:32am On Jun 19, 2012
Poster,

Haven't been to USA but all my on-line auto purchases have been with one experience with Nigerians or the other.
Nigerians are reputed to control the price of Toyota and Honda in ANY auto sales auction.
I just pray that any time i set up to bid, one craze person doesn't show up from anywhere, but in most cases, that has been my lot.
Unfortunately, cars now cost much more than they should. If u still want to get good cars, you either settle for the Korean braneds, mazda, nissan or mitsubishi
or u buy american cars. The moment u step into Honda and Toyota, be ready to pay for an over-valued car unless u are lucky
Re: Some Nigerians At The Auto-auction!!! by Roland17(m): 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2012
@Emperoh

The good things about the auctions in the USA is that its accessible universally if u have the auction access as long as u have the got internet service...

Wish u success in your endeavors...

(1) (Reply)

Is Landrover 2000 Good To Buy.? / With 2.3m Which Vehicle Should I Go For / Driving Right. (image Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.