Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,357 members, 7,812,014 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:15 AM

Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! (5992 Views)

See How I Was Scammed In Computer Village Today / The Fufu Package And Packagers In Computer Village. / Lagos Woman Weeps After Discovering She Bought Phone Full Of Fufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by gee2(m): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2007
i went wif sum1 2 ikeja n cos he wants a big fond 4 7k, he fell mugun despite ma warnin, i had 2 laff at his mumurity cos he wants us 2 go search 4 his biz partna.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by suze(f): 9:45am On Dec 12, 2007
tope_teadr (m)
no 1 thomas villa ajah

Re: Beware Of Fufu (apu) Phone At Computer Village
« #34 on: December 10, 2007, 03:38 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Suze, haba why u dey lie now.
I thought u said it worked when he put his sim in it, how come the fufu powered on the phone.

Report to moderator Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Such is life. I own my world

@Tope_dear

I'm not lying, you didnt read my post well. Yes, he put his sim in a real N72 phone and it worked, but while he was bringing out his money and was not looking, he exchanged it with the fufu phone and since he had tried it before, he didnt bother checking till he wanted to put his sim in it when he got home and discovered it was packed with fufu
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Alonu(m): 2:54pm On Dec 12, 2007
funny enuff my friends own happened on thursday last week. he was to buy my nokia 6020 from me but he felt that the price i gave him was too high so he went to the great computer villa to buy it and he was given a price 2500 naira more than the price i gave him. when he made up his minf to come back to me he was persuaded to buy an n90 fo the same price. who would not jump at that great offer? he did and he was made 2 undastand by the seller that the fone was stolen and he should be careful. when he paid 4 the fone he was given an original N90 and he left briskly, not up to 2 mins afta that the seller came back 2 him looking worried and he told my guy that some people saw him selling the fone and they are after him. my friend waqs given back his money and the seller collected the fone and told him to hang around wit a promise that he wild be back. the seller then lft and came back some minutes later, collected the money and put the N90 in my guy's pocket and told him to leave immediately and not to bring out the fone. wen my guy was on the bus going home he brought out the N90 and tried to put it on but 2 no avail. he lata found out that the real fone was not returned to him but fufu in an N90 casing. God save this nation
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by sect(m): 3:33pm On Dec 12, 2007
Nawa oooo,different versions of 'fufu' stories,i never knew that fufu is the latest trend in the almighty computer village.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by mendax: 4:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
@poster
what happened 2 d usual test ur product b4 buyin?
i'm pretty sure if u had tested ur "fufu" fone b4 puttin it in ur pocket, u wuld hav realised it was not workin!!
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by ifyalways(f): 4:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
mendax:

@poster
what happened to the usual test your product before buyin?
i'm pretty sure if u had tested your "fufu" phone before puttin it in your pocket, u wuld hav realised it was not workin!!
i doubt if you have ever been to COMPUTER VILLAGE dude.test your product ke?for compu vila abi for where? shocked shocked shocked shocked. take a trip there and ask for test your product naw cool

the bottom line is this,stay away from computer village BUT if you must go there guys dat love expensive phones but cant part with the dough wink shine your eye,nose and eears.goodluck all grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by joshjosh(m): 6:11pm On Dec 12, 2007
God help us indeed. why are our people naive. it is like we dont mind people stealing and selling stolen goods. people just want money at all cost. they want to marry and enjoy the marraige stolen money sponsored. they want their kids to do well in school paid for by stolen and ill gotten money. life doesnt run like that. there is no rest for the wicked people.

i think it was fella that sang if you play with fire fire go burn you.

people we should stop this nonsence. John smith an australian preacher asked some years ago is the money you make worth the price you are paying?
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by reality(m): 7:12pm On Dec 12, 2007
brother is a pity.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by skfa1: 11:10pm On Dec 12, 2007
You gotta be careful next time, those guys are not easy men.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Kaybaba5(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2007
Now i can see that people have begun to be a victim of this thing but why all these bad acts and to me even if the dealer gives original phone to the buyer and the buyer does not allow d dealer to change it, in the long run.Those bad guys will beat the buyer mercilessly.so i advise all nairaland users not to buy second phones 4 computer village and any other places where this act is being rampant. thanks
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by pannyman(m): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2007
Kay-baba, i hope you have learnt a lesson. cut your coat according to your cloth and buy a phone you can afford from a legit source. don't patronise criminals.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by uchetobi(f): 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2007
Heya sorry! probably u were jazzed
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by malbriel: 6:54pm On Dec 14, 2007
sorry my guy.ur story looks pathetic.well it served as an eye opener.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by jeezybuck: 9:02pm On Dec 14, 2007
sorry mr fufu wey no get stew you ought to apply for guiness world record for the most expensive fufu thats about $100 you get mouth ooooo na chepe kill you, just because you want to own am mp3 fone you spent all your life savings on fufu congratulations can you pls send us a pic of your new priceless fufu sorry my brother you gas open your eyes next time so you no go buy amala, my brother how was the meal hope the fufu went good and you slept well or is it hanging in your hall of fame please let us know we all care for all you guys that patronise stolen fufu phones shocked grin wink
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 15, 2007
LOL think those guys use jazz on pips, cos i cant jus imagine that hapening to me.i'll cry
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:51am On Dec 15, 2007
Beware of Bargoons grin grin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by U1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 15, 2007
Sorry o. Perhaps, those people thought you were not having enough fufu at home, talk about fufu deficiency. I feel ur pain bro.
The only time I bought a fairly used phone at the Villa, I regretted ever doing so. But the case was not as bad as this
,"Fufu ke", abeg e no fit happen to me. The only problem in my case was that the mouthpiece was bad, which I had to repair. Later on, I started having low battery problem.
The thing wey no fit happen be say, make somebody tell me to hide what I've just bought, that would sound ridiculous to me. Omo, I go put my sim and test am before I go even think of paying and the thing go dey for my sight like this, no exchange will be accepted. Also, from my experience, I won't even mind making a call first, if the shop owner will not allow me do this, I'd move on, If they even want to jazz me, e no go fit work, because God dey my side.
We learn everyday, that's another one.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by jeezybuck: 4:37pm On Dec 15, 2007
oga fufu sorry ooooooooooooo i tot of it once again and i feel so bad for you
sha abeg am hungry if your 12k fufu is still remain pls come and give me some
to eat i have a pot of stew and am really in search for fufu and i know you have
it in abundance,
grin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by BayoMaya(m): 6:44pm On Dec 15, 2007
I feel your pain bor,but its not new its been on for a long time.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by A40(m): 3:44pm On Dec 17, 2007
Fufu in a phone that should be in the guinness book of records or something well next time always buy a new phone or at least dont patronise touts must you use a K750I whats wrong with Nokia 3310?
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by A40(m): 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2007
Who know though it might be the latest technology phones can be powered by Organic things rather then electronic things
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by cutebabe: 12:34am On Dec 18, 2007
jeezybuck:

oga fufu sorry ooooooooooooo i tot of it once again and i feel so bad for you
sha abeg am hungry if your 12k fufu is still remain please come and give me some
to eat i have a pot of stew and am really in search for fufu and i know you have
it in abundance,
grin

You be agbaya o. That is some expensive fufu mehn grin

A-40:

Who know though it might be the latest technology phones can be powered by Organic things rather then electronic things

YOU ARE A CASE   shocked shocked shocked, grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by femi4love(m): 1:25pm On Dec 18, 2007
This is the hardest I've laughed in a very long time. My stomach aches badly because of laughter. Lagos for show indeed!!!
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by adefranca(f): 12:16am On Dec 19, 2007
Eeeeya! na wa o. There is nothing that cannot happen in this Naija. Imagine buying fufu for 12k. Thanks for sounding the alarm though, 'cos i was about to go to the C V myself to get a new phone. Sorry o! shocked
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by mojmicky(m): 12:24pm On Dec 19, 2007
STOP BUYING USED PHONE IN COMPUTER VILLAGE
THANKS THEONLY WAY. IF YOU WANT TO BUY A SECOND HAND PHONE BUY FROM A DIRECT SOURCE YOU WAS ALREADY USING IT BUT WANTS TO DO AWAY WITH IT.OK
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Abdblues(m): 1:43pm On Dec 21, 2007
Oh my God!Nairaland is so so current, The thing just happened to somebody i know this morning and his story sounded so so funny and odd!i can't stop laughing!The guy just bought a nokia phone stuffed with fufu!LOL!!i wonder how they came up with the idea of stuffing phones with fufu!wonders shall never end in this our Nigeria!!
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Honda29: 12:58am On Dec 23, 2007
It happens not just in Naija. I fell victim to the scam at West Croydon in London. Two white guys in a car sold a bunch of potatoes to me for a used laptop computer. The trick worked because I was running late to the airport to catch a flight to Nigeria. The scam cost me £200.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by topeteadr(m): 1:54am On Dec 23, 2007
Guys this thieves almost swallowed ma money.
The wanted to sell a fufu playstation 2 to me, imagine fufu packed in a ps2 case.
I told them to on the ps2 dat i wnt to test it. That was when they told me nepa had cut their light when their fan was still rolling wit light speed.

I just left the place and went back home.
Probably nxt time i'll go to (THE GAME) to buy it.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by MrInfo1(m): 8:12pm On Dec 26, 2007
lol fufu without soup, na wa o
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Appearance(m): 1:07am On Dec 28, 2007
I guess most times our greed makes us vulnerable

My friend recounted how they offered him a Nokia N75 for 6k. He didn't budget to buy a phone that very day but couldn't resist the offer. They just showed him the phone and quickly put it back in its jacket. Apparently they swapped it while he was bringing out the money. They urged him to quickly put it in his pocket which he did only to discover a finely shaped piece of stone in a phone jacket on getting out of that vicinity.

He couldn't even go back to challenge the guys knowing fully well that he is equally as guilty.

Trust me, I laughed him to ridicule.
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by Funmi124(f): 5:17pm On Dec 29, 2007
Na wa ooooo, Nigerians with their new style of fraud, no be only white pple we dey scam, we still dey scam ourself that is serious
Re: Beware Of 'Fufu' Phones At The Computer Village! by ololade34(f): 1:13am On Dec 30, 2007
@ poster

I can't just stop laughing, i read your post over a minute ago and i'm still laughing as i'm typing  grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ETISALAT's 2 For 1 Promo On Their New Blackberry Plans / Here's What The 'i' In Iphone Means / Please What Good Laptop Can I Buy With A 100-120k Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.