Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (434926 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / Why Nigerians Are Refused US Visas / If You Are Refused A Canadian Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by joemen1: 9:02am On Oct 05, 2012
ALL MY DOCUMENTS WERE NOT FAKE IN MY PREVIOUS AND CURRENT REFUSED APPLICATION,SO COULD IT BE THAT I AM UNDER A BAND AS I HAVE BEEN REFUSE FOR THE THIRD TIME?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:42am On Oct 05, 2012
claycares: Hey peeps,

I just want to thank you peeps here for sharing your experiences. I got a date 3 weeks ago through a lawyer friend and filled my DS-160 form on Tues. Yesterday, I was surprised when I went in for the 8a session my name was on the list. I spoke loud and clear with boldness and confidence. The CO asked only 3 Qs. What's the purpose of your visit? Are you travelling alone? Who's paying for your trip? Go to our GSS collection centre to pick up your VISA thank you.

Its all about boldness, confidence and stating the correct information you filled on your DS-160. I just felt I should also share my experience here. Thanks peeps.
It is not because you were "bold and confident" that your visa was approved, but because, every other thing (that supports your application) was in the right form or shape.
Congrats, and thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 9:47am On Oct 05, 2012
joemen1: ALL MY DOCUMENTS WERE NOT FAKE IN MY PREVIOUS AND CURRENT REFUSED APPLICATION,SO COULD IT BE THAT I AM UNDER A BAND AS I HAVE BEEN REFUSE FOR THE THIRD TIME?
To be refused a visa multiple times does not necessarily mean that you are under the ban, it could just mean that your application was either badly presented or that you lacked what it takes to qualify for the visa.
I like to suggest that you post the contents of the refusal letters so we may see and advice you accordingly. Cheers
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by joemen1: 7:49pm On Oct 05, 2012
CAN APPLY NEXT YEAR AS EARLY AS FEBRUARY 2013,WITH ANOTHER INVITATION FROM THE FAMILY FRIEND THAT SENT TO INVITATION I USED IN APPLYING FOR THE LAST APPLICATION THAT WAS REFUSED JUST LAST MONTH.SO I WANT YOUR ADVICE IF IT IS ADVISABLE TO APPLY THAT EARLY WITH THE SAME PERSON INVITING ME ONCE AGAIN AND ALSO CAN ADD UP MY MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE TO PROVE I HAVE STRONGER FAMILY TIES IN GHANA AS I REFUSE TO SHOW THAT IN MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by LORETA: 3:03am On Oct 06, 2012
Please can someone help,the place of birth in my international passport carries benin city,while the place of birth in my birth certificate indicate lagos.does this affect my applicatin for a visa
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2012
LORETA: Please can someone help,the place of birth in my international passport carries benin city,while the place of birth in my birth certificate indicate lagos.does this affect my applicatin for a visa
YES, that is a problem, get it sorted before applying for a visa otherwise, that may be a good reason for refusal
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2012
joemen1: CAN APPLY NEXT YEAR AS EARLY AS FEBRUARY 2013,WITH ANOTHER INVITATION FROM THE FAMILY FRIEND THAT SENT TO INVITATION I USED IN APPLYING FOR THE LAST APPLICATION THAT WAS REFUSED JUST LAST MONTH.SO I WANT YOUR ADVICE IF IT IS ADVISABLE TO APPLY THAT EARLY WITH THE SAME PERSON INVITING ME ONCE AGAIN AND ALSO CAN ADD UP MY MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE TO PROVE I HAVE STRONGER FAMILY TIES IN GHANA AS I REFUSE TO SHOW THAT IN MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION?
Apart from your writing in all CAPITAL, there is not a single element of courtesy in your posts. Your writings are like a person giving instructions rather than seeking opinions.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by joemen1: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2012
i am really sorry for not been polite, i mean no offends
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by joemen1: 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2012
please i need your advice if i can apply early next year in February 2013,with the same person sending me an invitation as he did for my last last application which was also refused just last month and also if i can add up my marriage certificate as i didn't added that up in my last application to prove that i have a family ties in my country and also i have a son if i can state that in my next application.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 7:40pm On Oct 06, 2012
joemen1: please i need your advice if i can apply early next year in February 2013,with the same person sending me an invitation as he did for my last last application which was also refused just last month and also if i can add up my marriage certificate as i didn't added that up in my last application to prove that i have a family ties in my country and also i have a son if i can state that in my next application.
As long as the purposes of your previous refusal(s) are not related to the person that invited you, i see no reason why you shouldn't use the same person.
So, if the person sending you the invitation remains in good standing, then it would make sense to have him/her invite you again; this would lay emphasis on the validity of your purpose of visit.
I am actually surprised that you did not include your marriage certificate in your previous application, or does it mean that you did not state that you are married? You were supposed to provide your marriage certificate if you are married, and also to enter the names of your child/ren in the application form: but how did you by-pass that?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Olucheye(m): 11:54pm On Oct 07, 2012
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:55am On Oct 08, 2012
Olucheye: @vicjustice please I need your help sir, it's some what confidential and would like if you could send me a number where I could reach you to my email. mkdvd58 @ yahoo . com.
Thanks in advance. God bless
I checked your profile and saw that there is no name, address, date of birth or even photo displayed on it: therefore, with the absence of these, I am of the opinion that whatever you write here (on Nairaland) is confidential as no one knows your true identity.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by joemen1: 5:34pm On Oct 08, 2012
i didn't do that because i had the idea that they would based their decission on the amount in my account, if i stated and i will be refused.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 5:50pm On Oct 08, 2012
joemen1: i didn't do that because i had the idea that they would based their decission on the amount in my account, if i stated and i will be refused.
In that case, if you state now that you are married, you would be given the 10 years ban for stating that you were single in your previous application, that was deception, you know
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by joemen1: 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2012
so please what do you suggest i do the next time round,
as i will be applying again next year?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by koolmd: 5:42am On Oct 09, 2012
Vicjustice:
No, it is within your privilege (as a Schengen visa holder) to travel to or within the 25 Schengen member states: there is no immigration controls, and you are allowed to stay in any county that you please as long as the visa remains valid. But it is advisable to use the airport of the country that issued you the visa as your point of arrival otherwise, you might need to explain the purpose of your visit: know that any Schengen country has every right to cancel your visa even if it is issued by another Schengen state

Thanks Man, i got the visa and will go on my vacation to Amsterdam, Brussels and Paris next month.

Thanks house.

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Boycott: 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2012
Hi Vicjustice, Thk God dat I discover dis site on time. Actually I'm preparing to travel & migrate at U.s.a, I don't know de necessary steps- I haven't been to de embassy before etc. In fact I need u guyz to let me know de necessary steps/information- I am preparing 4 it in de next 11 monthz & nothing is done yet. Thkz.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Olucheye(m): 10:51pm On Oct 09, 2012
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by joemen1: 9:21am On Oct 10, 2012
please can i apply for a schengen visa with my passport that has 3 refusals from the uk,please may i know what are the requirements are and what my chances are with that refusal stamps?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:43am On Oct 10, 2012
joemen1: please can i apply for a schengen visa with my passport that has 3 refusals from the uk,please may i know what are the requirements are and what my chances are with that refusal stamps?
The refusal stamps are definitely not something plausible on your passport, it could mean a bad influence on your application; yet, it is possible to get the visa even with that: the reasons for the refusals have great role to play in deciding your chances.
Warning: If you deem it reasonable to get a new passport, remember to do it with the same data as in your current passport otherwise, you will regret it the rest of your life.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by usewisdom: 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2012
Vicjustice:
The refusal stamps are definitely not something plausible on your passport, it could mean a bad influence on your application; yet, it is possible to get the visa even with that: the reasons for the refusals have great role to play in deciding your chances.
Warning: If you deem it reasonable to get a new passport, remember to do it with the same data as in your current passport otherwise, you will regret it the rest of your life.

Vcjustice and Justwise, i have a friend who has been refused a visa before in 2008, he was refused because the invitation letters he used has been used for 3 different people, and he did not even bother to appeal then in 2008. But now he would like to apply again on his new international passport with his real information as it is in his previous passport.

He is now got family and working. But the company where he works now is owned by his junior sister and her husband. So he does not have pay slips and he will use his micro finance statement of account. Can he use his micro finance statement,? Must he provide pay slip? Because he’s the one managing the company he is the boss, but his junior sister owns the company. He has personal account in another bank but there is no money there, but he he has like 1m to 1.3 in his micro finance. Does he have any chance? Does he really need to provide pay slips? And also he is not married but living with his woman and son, and he has a plot of land too. Any advice Vcjustice and justwise?
And lastly, someone said he should first contact the BDHC in lagos to know his status and eligibility. But he said he did not get any ban at all.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 8:01pm On Oct 13, 2012
usewisdom:

Vcjustice and Justwise, i have a friend who has been refused a visa before in 2008, he was refused because the invitation letters he used has been used for 3 different people, and he did not even bother to appeal then in 2008. But now he would like to apply again on his new international passport with his real information as it is in his previous passport.

He is now got family and working. But the company where he works now is owned by his junior sister and her husband. So he does not have pay slips and he will use his micro finance statement of account. Can he use his micro finance statement,? Must he provide pay slip? Because he’s the one managing the company he is the boss, but his junior sister owns the company. He has personal account in another bank but there is no money there, but he he has like 1m to 1.3 in his micro finance. Does he have any chance? Does he really need to provide pay slips? And also he is not married but living with his woman and son, and he has a plot of land too. Any advice Vcjustice and justwise?
And lastly, someone said he should first contact the BDHC in lagos to know his status and eligibility. But he said he did not get any ban at all.
If the visa officer judges that he used an invitation letter that had been used before by three other applicants, it therefore means that the letter is considered to be fraudulent, and for that, i'm of the opinion that he got the 10 years ban: therefore, there is no need to talk about other issues
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by usewisdom: 12:29am On Oct 14, 2012
Vicjustice:
If the visa officer judges that he used an invitation letter that had been used before by three other applicants, it therefore means that the letter is considered to be fraudulent, and for that, i'm of the opinion that he got the 10 years ban: therefore, there is no need to talk about other issues

No, his friend has already invited 3 different people and got visas, that's what they told him. I would also like to ask this, if someone is ban for 10 years, would the applicant not be notified in writing in the notice of refusal?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 10:02am On Oct 14, 2012
usewisdom:

No, his friend has already invited 3 different people and got visas, that's what they told him. I would also like to ask this, if someone is ban for 10 years, would the applicant not be notified in writing in the notice of refusal?
If that is the case, then perhaps it wasn't judged as fraudulent...
I explained this in the original post: that visa officers are not obliged to inform applicants of their ban/no-ban status unless if asked.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by usewisdom: 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2012
Vicjustice: If that is the case, then perhaps it wasn't judged as fraudulent...
I explained this in the original post: that visa officers are not obliged to inform applicants of their ban/no-ban status unless if asked.

Vcjustice,

Does it matter if he has no pay slips because he’s the one managing the company. His junior sister & her husband are the owner of the company but his sister & her husband are not living in Nigeria.

He’s the one even paying Employee salary in cash
He has no money in his personal account, but his micro finance is about 1.3million
He has a plot of land and he has the evidence
He has a son and lives together with his woman and his family pictures to prove it is available
These are the documents he listed he’s submitting

International passport
Passport photograph
Photocopy of his Work ID card
Landed property
Letter from his wife stating she’s aware of her partner traveling for holiday
Family pictures eg. Naming ceremony, etc, but not legally married
No-Payslips because he’s making cash from work
6 month Statement of Account Micro Finance bal N1.3 million
His personal account but nothing is there
Letter of Introduction from his junior sister and her husband stating he’s the one managing the company and awareness of his traveling for holiday in France, copy of the Company’s cert of inco-op.
His own Statement of purpose and Letter of Undertaking
Hotel reservation covering his 2 weeks holiday in France
Flight Reservation
Medical Insurance covering the 2 weeks holiday in France.

So, with this, do you think he meet the requirement and can get him France Schengen visa for 2 weeks holiday in France? Thanks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 12:24pm On Oct 15, 2012
usewisdom:

Vcjustice,

Does it matter if he has no pay slips because he’s the one managing the company. His junior sister & her husband are the owner of the company but his sister & her husband are not living in Nigeria.

He’s the one even paying Employee salary in cash
He has no money in his personal account, but his micro finance is about 1.3million
He has a plot of land and he has the evidence
He has a son and lives together with his woman and his family pictures to prove it is available
These are the documents he listed he’s submitting

International passport
Passport photograph
Photocopy of his Work ID card
Landed property
Letter from his wife stating she’s aware of her partner traveling for holiday
Family pictures eg. Naming ceremony, etc, but not legally married
No-Payslips because he’s making cash from work
6 month Statement of Account Micro Finance bal N1.3 million
His personal account but nothing is there
Letter of Introduction from his junior sister and her husband stating he’s the one managing the company and awareness of his traveling for holiday in France, copy of the Company’s cert of inco-op.
His own Statement of purpose and Letter of Undertaking
Hotel reservation covering his 2 weeks holiday in France
Flight Reservation
Medical Insurance covering the 2 weeks holiday in France.

So, with this, do you think he meet the requirement and can get him France Schengen visa for 2 weeks holiday in France? Thanks
For the PAYSLIP, though it is required, but it may not have mattered too much if his income is detailed in his bank statement, and unfortunately, (you have said that) his bank account has nothing to write about... except for the "Micro Finance" savings (which also does not, and can not show his incomes).
Now, if a bank is not internationally (or at least nationally) recognised, such bank can not be acceptable to the Embassy: therefore, given that the account that you are talking about here is a "micro finance" or whatever, i don't see any need to answer other questions since the fundamental documentation is short of the requirement.
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morjid(m): 12:48pm On Oct 15, 2012
I have got a six month visa with an appeal last year febuary and is been one year and some month now have never applied again...now I want to apply for 2yrs now is dat possible?...d cousin there send a letter again for christmas vacation his front page copy of his passport with drivers licence and his tenancy agreement. Am still a student here of a university so wats d way foward...

1 Like

Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by morjid(m): 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2012
I didn't note dis after gotten my visa I just went for 2weeks
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by usewisdom: 1:59pm On Oct 15, 2012
Vicjustice: For the PAYSLIP, though it is required, but it may not have mattered too much if his income is detailed in his bank statement, and unfortunately, (you have said that) his bank account has nothing to write about... except for the "Micro Finance" savings (which also does not, and can not show his incomes).
Now, if a bank is not internationally (or at least nationally) recognized, such bank can not be acceptable to the Embassy: therefore, given that the account that you are talking about here is a "micro finance" or whatever, i don't see any need to answer other questions since the fundamental documentation is short of the requirement.

An email was sent to the French Embassy to confirm if Micro Finance Statement of account is acceptable as a proof of fund. A reply was received from the French Embassy that ''yes it is acceptable''

Secondly, he has 1.3m in his Micro Finance and he is getting a letter from the Micro Finance that he has access to it anytime any day.
Lastly, the Micro Finance is registered and can be verifiable, and he has been using the Micro Finance for long, it is not lump sum because of his visa application. But he has balance of N1.3m in it.

Any more advice?
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by Vicjustice: 2:43pm On Oct 15, 2012
usewisdom:

An email was sent to the French Embassy to confirm if Micro Finance Statement of account is acceptable as a proof of fund. A reply was received from the French Embassy that ''yes it is acceptable''

Secondly, he has 1.3m in his Micro Finance and he is getting a letter from the Micro Finance that he has access to it anytime any day.
Lastly, the Micro Finance is registered and can be verifiable, and he has been using the Micro Finance for long, it is not lump sum because of his visa application. But he has balance of N1.3m in it.

Any more advice?
I don't find it credible to accept your claim: What embassy would reply an email within a few hours?
I suspect you are making this up: Though i don't know much about Micro-finance in Nigeria, but i don't think such would be acceptable because, their documents may be difficult to verify: It might interest you to hear that many such micro-finance ripped up traders in Benin City when (all of a sudden they closed down). Their services can't be relied on neither can their documents be trusted
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by okine4real: 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2012
I hope this is the right forum.

Hello,

I want to travel to the US for Xmas. Mine uncle in the US whom is a citizen wants to invite me. Please i want you learnered people to please state the documents mine Uncle needs to send to me. I know he needs to send me an invitation letter, but i also heard that he need to send me his Account statement etc. Please i need your help on this.

Regadrs
Re: Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas by dotcomnamename: 3:53pm On Oct 15, 2012
Vicjustice: I don't find it credible to accept your claim: What embassy would reply an email within a few hours?
I suspect you are making this up: Though i don't know much about Micro-finance in Nigeria, but i don't think such would be acceptable because, their documents may be difficult to verify: It might interest you to hear that many such micro-finance ripped up traders in Benin City when (all of a sudden they closed down). Their services can't be relied on neither can their documents be trusted

No, i'm not at all. i'm only trying to seek advices from the right place which you have been given. He actually forwarded me a copy of the email reply from the french vfs that they do accept micro finance. Here are the email reply from the vfs. Info on France Visa in Nigeria

Info on France Visa in Nigeria

Oct 10 (5 days ago)

to me

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email.

Yes to all your questions.

Thank you

France Visa Application Centre.

VF Global Services Nigeria Ltd.
Block 94, Plot 23,
Providence Street,
Lekki-Epe Expressway
Lekki Scheme 1, Lagos

Helpline: 01-8990285
http://www.france-ng.com

Oct 5 (10 days ago)

to me

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kindly be informed that all you need is a flight reservation to show not a paid booking.

Thank you

Block 94, Plot 23,
Providence Street,
Lekki-Epe Expressway
Lekki Scheme 1, Lagos

THE SECOND EMAIL FORWARDED:

Info on France Visa in Nigeria

Oct 5 (10 days ago)

to me

Dear Sir/Madam,

You need the ticket booking and hotel reservation and pls make sure you print it out for submission.

Thank you

Block 94, Plot 23,
Providence Street,
Lekki-Epe Expressway
Lekki Scheme 1, Lagos

Vicjustice, if u remember i asked you about the ticket and you said it is not a requirement and i told him, and he got exactly the same reply from the VFS that buying ticket and submit it with application is not a requirement, which means you are right, so he also confirm it again from them to be very sure.

So, he mailed them again to re-confirm if Micro Finance statement is acceptable because thats where he has enough money, and they replied him that ''Yes''

Although i have helped him confirm again from a friend of mine i heard he recently used his Micro Finance too, but i decided to ask you and others here to be very sure even before he contacted the Vfs Embassy too.

He is a friend to me, so i just want to render the best help i can and thats what am doing.

Infact i must confess to you that i was the one ask him to contact the vfs by email directly or call them, and he did.

He has called me more than 10 times this morning that he is confused about the Pay Slip and his Micro Finance, the problem is he is getting income in cash and no pay slip purposely because the company he's managing is owned by his junior sister and her husband. So he's the one paying salary in cash too to people working under him. Your full advice will be appreciated if you can go through the lists of his available documents. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (62) (Reply)

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.