Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World (637 Views)

To Women: If You Can't Control Your Mouth Don't Marry! / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 18, 2012
My arguments against Extreme feminism:

Women will lose the natural respect men have for them, if we’re to become equal. Which means chivalry will become obsolete, and men will start saying things like: “If we're equal and I have to cook for myself, why should I hold her coat or open the door for her?”

It's also natural for the women who have a full-time job not to have the strength to do all that housewives do. The woman's duties at home are more numerous than the men's, but at the same time, the equality between women and men force them to work the same time and way at their jobs. And can women cope with his workload?? Children also have a special close connection with their mothers that can't be matched with the relationship they have with their fathers. And I basically think women should focus more on domestic work (not full house wives) – than trying to outdo men in the corporate world.

I know feminists would argue that if women ruled the world, there would be no wars because, as mothers, they couldn't bring themselves to send their sons to war. But Margaret Thatcher, Susan Rice, Condolezza Rice, Hilary Clinton, etc, have shown that women are shrewd when it comes to wars. They are naturally war mongers, and they usually go about it – in a more deceptive and subtle way than men..

If women become more independent in their couple life, there are would be more single and divorced women due to that. One of them could be the fact that working women don't have time for a successful private life. At the same time there is a fragile compatibility between motherhood, career and the family policies that exist

Finally, I feel what the feminist movements are trying to achieve is counterproductive, no matter how we look at it. It's obvious that they didn't only establish the normal equality between the sexes, but also the abnormal one that gives women a lot of issues to solve.

PS: I’m playing the devil’s advocate here, but I love women.. Kisses to y’all!! kiss

Shymmex the lover of all women blessed in the right places! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Gender Equality Is Detrimental To Women - And Not Ideal For A Sane World by Nobody: 3:00am On Feb 11, 2019
Hmmmm.

(1) (Reply)

Fraud Alert! / Nigerian Baby Buried Alive And Still Breathing! / Frustrated More And More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.