Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,261 members, 7,822,322 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

How To Use The Social Media To Promote Your Blog - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Use The Social Media To Promote Your Blog (675 Views)

How To Make Money From Your Blog Or Website Without Advertisments / How To Drive Traffic Without SEO And Social Media To Your Site / Google To Promote Secure Websites (HTTPS) In Search Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Use The Social Media To Promote Your Blog by ceomike(m): 5:56pm On Jun 18, 2012
Before going into blogging or even if you are in the business already, you would have to understand that promoting your blog via social media is key to increasing your presence online.

I would like to share several tips on how to promote your blog properly using social media.

1. All Blogs Must Have A Facebook Page:
Your blog must have a Facebook Page in the name of your blog. This makes it easy for users who do not have your blog url to browse their Facebook Wall, search for your blog name, visit your Facebook Page and directed to your website.

2. Use The Facebook Commenting System
If you are not using this system, then you are loosing out on a lot of traffic. If you use Wordpress, you can get plugins for Facebook Comment System. The advantage of this is that it helps you promote your blog on Facebook profiles of users who just commented on your website. When a comment is made on your website, the system post the same comment and a link to your website on the "commenter's" wall. His friends would get to see comment made on his wall and thus can visit yours.

3. Create A Dummy Facebook Page
When I say "Dummy", I do not mean "Fake".
A "Dummy" Facebook Page is a real Facebook Page that does not bear the same name with your blog but in the same niche. Consider owning a blog about Pets and you would like to promote the website on Facebook, then you would have to create a page in that interest. You can create a page and title " I hate those who hate pets". What you have now done is to bring about a Poll or Community kind of page. More people would like your page than they would to your brand name. You can now promote the page via Facebook ads, get close to 3,000 fans and start updating from your blog.

In a latter article, I would be showing you how to run adverts on Facebook at penny cost.

4. Use Blog Name As Username
If you can, use the name of your blog as your username on any social profiles.

5. Join Facebook Groups
The other step is to join Facebook Groups for Bloggers and share your blogs. This could be helpful as you could learn a whole lot from them. Do some link sharing with them to get huge number of backlinks and watch your ranking soar.

6. Create A Linkedin Account And Add Your Blog
Linkedin is a social network for professionals. if you do not have an account, please do register. In your profile, you can add up to three websites. Choose the "Blog" option and enter your blog url. What this does is to feed latest post from your blog to your profile.

Source: http://www.michaelokeje.com/2012/06/how-to-use-social-media-to-promote-your.html

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

We Can Have Great E-payment Platform / ---------- / [Offer Closed]Get A Professional Website For Just N10,000 Only From Oawkweb.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.