Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments (4673 Views)

Three Arguments For God's Existence / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by 4getme1(m): 7:05pm On May 03, 2006
Ajisafe:

Boy, you asked to be forgotten and I have forgotten about you!

Bless your heart. I missed the acid that is all too characteristic of your person.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 10:01am On Sep 20, 2007
@welborn,

I enjoyed your entries and articulations. I pray our Catholic friends would have a heart to be open to God's WORD. wink
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2007
na wao (make una no get high blood pressure because of Catholic)

Catholic don come to stay so no matter wetin una talk from now till who knows when go fit change wetin God don write. You no fit erase God's handwritten.

There are so many people wey dey hunger 2 hear d word of God, una dey here dey throw missiles upon ur fellow believers. Where is that love God talked about?

Make God deliver una o
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 12:13pm On Sep 20, 2007
Hehe. . . make Catholics dem sef no get heart attack because of Protestants as well.

Protestants have come to stay; so no matter wetin Vatican dey yan, no Pope (past, present or future) can change the fact that God has called people out of Catholicism and continues to do so. You can't re-write God's WORD.

May God help us all O! grin
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 12:20pm On Sep 20, 2007
For ur information many catholics turned protestant dey come back to the catholic fold everyday new people are being received. They go taste and come back and know that what is not Panadol can never be Panadol.

I dey pray for you and others too, make God remove ignorance, pride 4rm una eyes.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 12:27pm On Sep 20, 2007
shey na Catholic dey dir own jeje una go come dey find them, 4rm left, right and center una dey attack everyday. Any of una wey open church, na 4 catholic church their aim go dey to come pick members wey go make up d congregation.

Una no fit wipe off catholic church (So make una save una breathe)

God no dey make mistake at all.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 12:52pm On Sep 20, 2007
Oby1:

For your information many catholics turned protestant dey come back to the catholic fold everyday new people are being received. They go taste and come back and know that what is not Panadol can never be Panadol.

I dey pray for you and others too, make God remove ignorance, pride from una eyes.

Lol, I'm sorry for your receiving only what you're being spoon-fed in Catholicism. We know how many Catholics leave Catholicism every single day - and remain Protestants. We also know how many annulments are being received as an index that the Catholic priesthood is dwindling instead of making a steady increase. We yet know that Catholic Bishops themselves have acknowledged that the Catholic Church is facing a dire decline situation in strategic places and whole parishes are closing down!

Biko, my dear, if you wan know the real gist, simply ask for it. For now, I will leave you to do your own research. grin

Oby1:

shey na Catholic dey dir own jeje una go come dey find them, from left, right and center una dey attack everyday. Any of una wey open church, na 4 catholic church their aim go dey to come pick members wey go make up d congregation.

Na our own we dey jejely wey your Pope dey denounce other Christians - and yet una dey celebrate mass over his denunciations. And sorry, Evangelicals don't lose sleep trying to convert Catholics as if those are the ONLY people who need to be reached with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Many have simply heard the Gospel preached without even so much as an apologetic on the bane of Catholicism - and they have found real hope that purgatory cannot give! Besides, una Popes no fit agree between themselves about their "ex-cathedra" ('infallible') teachings - remember Vatican II? Remember that not so long ago your incumbent Pope said the Catholic Church should consider scrapping the "Limbo"? Lol. . nne, I tire for your hyperventilation O! grin

Oby1:

Una no fit wipe off catholic church (So make una save una breathe)

Lol. . . na so the fear grip your heart? Hahaha!! grin We're not even trying to "wipe off the Catholic Church" - God will do that by Himself in His own time!

Oby1:

God no dey make mistake at all.

Na true you talk - and He no go make mistake at all when time reach to demonstrate wetin Catholic resemble. You think say God dey forget the blood of non-Catholics wey stain Catholic hands? No my dear. . God no dey ever make mistake lai-lai!
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 5:20pm On Sep 21, 2007
May God deliver you.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2007
Amen. I love you with the love of Jesus. kiss
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 4:06pm On Sep 24, 2007
Love u too with the love of God
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by cgift(m): 12:39pm On Sep 25, 2007
Oby1:

Love u too with the love of God

Please love us with the love of Mary grin
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2007
She is my Mother always and nothing can change it, i'm sorry.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2007
She is my Mother always and nothing can change it, i'm sorry.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by kulex2k1(m): 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2007
Yep! Catholics have been around we are still around and most definately we'll ever be around. OS stop the hating or whatever u think u r doing most especially u pilgrim.1 or whateva. God bless us all.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by cgift(m): 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2007
kulex2k1:

Yep! Catholics have been around we are still around and most definately we'll ever be around. OS stop the hating or whatever u think you're doing most especially u pilgrim.1 or whateva. God bless us all.

Get this straight dude! No one hates nobody. What's me biz with da hating? Lts put matters in da proper perspective is what we'al saying dude! So much incoherence going on in those cathedrals bro enigineered by demonic doctrines so unbiblical and aided willingly by androids who have surrendered their intellects to the priests! Catholics need a nw lease of life in Christ Jesus! Dats da message. relay it! Nice day!
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 8:31pm On Sep 25, 2007
@kulex2k1,

kulex2k1:

Yep! Catholics have been around we are still around and most definately we'll ever be around. OS stop the hating or whatever u think you're doing most especially u pilgrim.1 or whateva. God bless us all.

Hehehe. .grin

My dear, HOW have I hated you?  "Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"Gal. 4:16  grin
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2007
@Pilgrim.1

Have you tried to tell yourself the truth? and do you listen to God to hear from him concerning the Catholics?
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 10:27am On Sep 27, 2007
@Oby1,

Oby1:

@Pilgrim.1

Have you tried to tell yourself the truth?

Have you been reading fallacies in my posts? Please point them out - and do so as honestly as you can get.

Thank you.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2007
Just sit down and ask urself the question and if really you are a good Christain, u suppose to be listening to know what God has to tell you about the Catholic church.

Is not all about quoting from Genesis to Revelation, but understanding the word.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by cgift(m): 10:46am On Sep 27, 2007
Oby1:
Is not all about quoting from Genesis to Revelation,

Again you confirm that the bible os of no effect. This is pitiful.

Oby1:
but understanding the word.

Which word now? The 'word of God' you hear from your pope abi? Or is that not what you term the word of God? What the pope says? You're kidding me!

I am sure you haven't uilt spiritualty to that extent of hearing from God himself have you? If you have, please dont let your priests know 'cos they will chase you put of their church.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 10:50am On Sep 27, 2007
Lol. . @cgift,

These people dey make me laff many times. On the one hand, it is not all about quoting the WORD; but the same understanding they ask of other people, dem no go ever demonstrate.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 10:52am On Sep 27, 2007
@Oby1

If actually you have a somewhat different understanding of the same Bible you're worried about in my quotes, why don't you share them? You asked for "truth", but you came back to say something entirely different. Why are Catholics so estranged from Biblical truths while claiming they are the only "true" Church?
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2007
My word is especially for the two of u (pilgrim.1 and Cgift). Sit down and reflect very well.

You can laff from now till i don't know when, but all i am saying is to ask for wisdom and understanding from God and listen to him (if actually u listen to God) and he will tell you all you want to know, if the Catholic church is worth all these criticizing from u.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 12:51pm On Sep 27, 2007
@Oby1,

Oby1:

My word is especially for the two of u (pilgrim.1 and Cgift). Sit down and reflect very well.

You can laff from now till i don't know when, but all i am saying is to ask for wisdom and understanding from God and listen to him (if actually u listen to God) and he will tell you all you want to know, if the Catholic church is worth all these criticizing from u.

All this childish hullaballoo is unnecessary. If Catholics have anything worthwhile to share, let them do so instead of returning such whimpers and claiming that people are 'attacking', 'hating', or 'criticizing' Catholics. If you guys have decided to throw God's WORD behind your back in favour of your traditions, then no bother - at least, we can now know that the Catholic claim to be the 'only' true Church is a humongous fallacy.

Did the Vatican ever sit down to "listen" to God when she went about 'criticizing' people who are not Roman Catholics? Did they care to follow your advice before they murdered a poor schoolmaster for daring to say "Praise be to God" instead of the RCC heresy of "Ave Maria"? Did you ever sit down to listen to God yourself before trying to advise others to look the other way and pretend that all is well with the hypocrisy of the Vatican denouncing other Christians? Or how has your rejoinder taken care of the duplicity of the RCC which you haven't addressed?

If you have answers, please share them. Enough of all this hypertensive Roman Catholic tartuffery.

Regards.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 1:19pm On Sep 27, 2007
@Oby1,

Oby1:

Just sit down and ask yourself the question and if really you are a good Christain, u suppose to be listening to know what God has to tell you about the Catholic church.

I initially relaxed and didn't reply the above from you, as I was waiting to see if you had genuine concerns about my posts. Since you haven't demonstrated any such genuine concerns, let me remind you about a few things which make for a "good Christian" - especially if one truly wants to listen to God speak to the heart about the Roman Catholic Church.

#1. A "good Christian" will affirm Biblical Truth against the heresies of any religious tradition -
        whether Roman Catholic or Protestant traditions:

"If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things,

thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ,

nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine,

whereunto thou hast attained"  (1 Tim. 4:6)

There's no point trying to accuse others of not being able to understand God's WORD because your Catholic Bishops and Popes have arrogated to themselves the birthright of SOLELY interpreting the Bible and feeding people with contradictions against God's truths. You made me laugh by offering a 'prayer' earlier and claiming that some of us are refusing to grow and still struggling with "milk" instead of "solid food". No wahala - I'd rather be content with the milk of God's WORD than hunger after the solid heresies of the Vatican.

The point is simple: If God has said 'NO' to a particular tenet, you can't come back and dress up a disobedience thereto and pretend that others are "immature". There's no spiritual growth that feeds DISobedience in the things of God - and if the Vatican has presented their disobedience as a matter of "growth", please take care that not all types of "growth" demonstrates good health and balance.

#2. A good Christian will reject and expose religious hypocrisy and heresies pretended under a "Christian" badge:

"Fear them not therefore:

for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed;

and hid, that shall not be known" (Matt. 10:26)

- - - - - - -

"And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light:

for whatsoever doth make manifest is light." (Eph. 5:11-13)

The idea that a "good Christian" is one who keeps quiet and is satisfied with religious hypocrisy and heresies, is actually a misnomer and betrays the true condition of heart such a person possesses! Being a "good Christian" is all about BOLDLY and FEARLESSLY speaking Biblical Truth in love, no matter what people might say about such a person.

I have more - but these two should serve for the moment as to why pilgrim.1 is zero tolerant to Roman Catholic hypocrisies! If the RCC has truth to share with anyone, let them do so from God's WORD: and I'll rejoice all the more! But having nothing to share and then trying to hypocritically claim that we're struggling with "milk" is not going to do you any good either.

"Thy Word is truth", says Jesus (John 17:17) - and that is the truth I'm still urging you guys to pursue and dump the heresies of the Vatican which until now you have not been able to defend.

Cheers.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by cgift(m): 1:44pm On Sep 27, 2007
pilgrim.1,

You got a pat on the back. Well done my sis.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 4:58pm On Sep 28, 2007
May God open ur eyes to the truth.
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by cgift(m): 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2007
Oby1:

May God open your eyes to the truth.

Oby1,

na you abi? God go catch you now. Just wait small. God dey plan sontin for you now. No run pass God you hear?
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2007
@cgift,

How body? I've been busy all day and had very little time to be online. Anyhow, you have valiantly engaged our friends and held the forté in all the threads. Well done. There's very little for me to add - and I shall do so in due course.

Cheers. grin
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2007
Oby1:

May God open your eyes to the truth.

@Oby1,

Amen O. . . we are still waiting for Catholics to tell us what they see that they haven't been able to defend up until now. We still dey wait! grin
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by Oby1(f): 9:05am On Oct 04, 2007
Todays Saint 4/10/07

St. Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)

Francis of Assisi was a poor little man who astounded and inspired the Church by taking the gospel literally—not in a narrow fundamentalist sense, but by actually following all that Jesus said and did, joyfully, without limit and without a mite of self-importance.

Serious illness brought the young Francis to see the emptiness of his frolicking life as leader of Assisi's youth. Prayer—lengthy and difficult—led him to a self-emptying like that of Christ, climaxed by embracing a leper he met on the road. It symbolized his complete obedience to what he had heard in prayer: "Francis! Everything you have loved and desired in the flesh it is your duty to despise and hate, if you wish to know my will. And when you have begun this, all that now seems sweet and lovely to you will become intolerable and bitter, but all that you used to avoid will turn itself to great sweetness and exceeding joy."

From the cross in the neglected field-chapel of San Damiano, Christ told him, "Francis, go out and build up my house, for it is nearly falling down." Francis became the totally poor and humble workman.

He must have suspected a deeper meaning to "build up my house." But he would have been content to be for the rest of his life the poor "nothing" man actually putting brick on brick in abandoned chapels. He gave up every material thing he had, piling even his clothes before his earthly father (who was demanding restitution for Francis' "gifts" to the poor) so that he would be totally free to say, "Our Father in heaven." He was, for a time, considered to be a religious "nut," begging from door to door when he could not get money for his work, bringing sadness or disgust to the hearts of his former friends, ridicule from the unthinking.

But genuineness will tell. A few people began to realize that this man was actually trying to be Christian. He really believed what Jesus said: "Announce the kingdom! Possess no gold or silver or copper in your purses, no traveling bag, no sandals, no staff" (see Luke 9:1-3).

Francis' first rule for his followers was a collection of texts from the Gospels. He had no idea of founding an order, but once it began he protected it and accepted all the legal structures needed to support it. His devotion and loyalty to the Church were absolute and highly exemplary at a time when various movements of reform tended to break the Church's unity.

He was torn between a life devoted entirely to prayer and a life of active preaching of the Good News. He decided in favor of the latter, but always returned to solitude when he could. He wanted to be a missionary in Syria or in Africa, but was prevented by shipwreck and illness in both cases. He did try to convert the sultan of Egypt during the Fifth Crusade.

During the last years of his relatively short life (he died at 44) he was half blind and seriously ill. Two years before his death, he received the stigmata, the real and painful wounds of Christ in his hands, feet and side.

On his deathbed, he said over and over again the last addition to his Canticle of the Sun, "Be praised, O Lord, for our Sister Death." He sang Psalm 141, and at the end asked his superior to have his clothes removed when the last hour came and for permission to expire lying naked on the earth, in imitation of his Lord.

"We adore you and we bless you, Lord Jesus Christ, here and in all the churches which are in the whole world, because by your holy cross you have redeemed the world" (St. Francis).
Re: Please Catholics, Avoid These Arguments by pilgrim1(f): 10:09am On Oct 04, 2007
Saint Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)

It was the same Saint Francis of Assisi [commonly known to Catholics as the Patron Saint of Animals and the Environment] who had a reputation for the most confused set of religious ideologies in the history of the Roman Catholic Church. Some of his ideas are now established practices and prayers among Catholics. A classic example is his prayer commonly known as THE CANTICLE OF BROTHER SUN AND SISTER MOON (Francis's Song Of Joy). Among several ideas portrayed in his 'song of joy' are the elements of nature worship. We find the following ideas in the song/prayer just cited:

He calls the Sun 'our Brother'

He calls the the wind 'our Brother'

He calls water 'our Sister'

He calls fire 'our Brother'

He calls earth 'our Mother'

He calls death of the body 'our Sister'

A source example: http://explorefaith.org/prayer/essays/stFrancis.html

Besides praying to Mary, Catholics also pray to dead saints; and there are examples of prayers offered to Saint Francis in unmistakable language that is used in prayer to deity. Ask a Catholic what is the meaning of "invoking" a dead saint, and you're likely to receive more excuses in return, as was the case when they usually at first denied ever praying to Mary. A popular Roman Catholic prayer to Francis is punctuated with this line:

"St. Francis, the little poor man of Assisi, we invoke you as the admirable mirror you were of our divine Master"

A source example: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Estates/4152/francis.htm

It is no wonder then that after his death, Saint Francis has been given several appellations - not by outsiders to the RCC; but by the authorities of the Catholic Church, such as the Popes and the Bishops. One of such is found in the explicit statements of Pope Pius XI, in his Encyclical Letter "Rite Expiatis" (April 13, 1926 A.D.), in which he was reputed to have said:

[list]. . . it seems necessary for Us to affirm that there has never been anyone in whom the image of Jesus Christ and the evangelical manner of life shone forth more lifelike and strikingly than in St. Francis. He who called himself the "Herald of the Great King" was also rightly spoken of as "another Jesus Christ," appearing to his contemporaries and to future generations almost as if he were the Risen Christ. He has always lived as such in the eyes of men and so will continue to live for all future time. Nor is it marvelous that his early biographers, contemporaries of the Saint, in their accounts of his life and works, judged him to be of a nobility almost superior to human nature itself.[/list]

Now, our dear Catholic friends, Saint Francis was "affirmed" by one of your Popes as "another Jesus Christ" - the same Saint Francis whom Catholics today continue to "invoke" in their prayers! grin

May God help us all to see that there is only one Jesus Christ; and if another by any means is referred to as 'another Jesus Christ', beloved be careful! The WORD of God has given us clear pointers on how to know such (2 Cor. 11:3 & 4).

Shalom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of Jewish Mother Hugging Her Daugher Seconds B4 Execution / A Compilation Of Fake News By Kingebukasblog, Butterflyl1on And Felixomor / God Supported Holy Wars In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.