Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 PM

LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout (9765 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State / Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. / The Positive Turnout Of UNN Protest(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by virgo(f): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Afam4eva(m): 12:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
It's expected. Majority of people who go to LASU belong to the bottom-class of the society and as such cannot afford such abbysmal tuition. Also, the quality of education does not justify the increase. Why go to lasu when there are private universities.

6 Likes

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by lifestyle1(m): 12:58pm On Jun 19, 2012
virgo:

http://www.punchng.com/education/tuition-hike-candidates-shun-lasu-post-utme/

What do you think guys? Was the decision to increase LASU fees a bad one? Or is it something that will take some time getting used to? Please post your thoughts.
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by lifestyle1(m): 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2012
I can't waste such amount of money in Nigerian Universities...

Spending such amount of money in a Nigerian University is an unwise investment decision.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2012
life_style:
life_style: I can't waste such amount of money in Nigerian Universities...

Spending such amount of money in a Nigerian University is an unwise investment decision.

U can say that again!

1 Like

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Damseluc(f): 1:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
What's so special about that school that the tuition fees is so high, Even the best school in Nigeria is not as expensive as that. So the poor or middle class can't go to school anylonger? I have seen people who graduated from expensive schools but cannot even defend their certificates or even express themselves well.

5 Likes

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by bayulll01(m): 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2012
385k for lasu hell no
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by mapet: 1:42pm On Jun 19, 2012
O boy relax with your sensational postings and outright falsehood...... Haba! You know what? I take it that you've not been to Lagos talkeless knowing LASU........

The reasons adduced by the government for the fees is that Lagos State government is pushing LASU to become semi-autonomous and self sustaining. If Private Schools can be funded with fees paid by students, then may be government sees this as a long lasting way of running it.

Recall that when this was announced by the Lagos state government, debated on the floor of the House of Reps and even students protested.

Meanwhile all you guys hailing private schools.......I simply see them as get-away for low-scoring and "Jamb" failed students......

afam4eva: It's expected. Majority of people who go to LASU belong to the bottom-class of the society and as such cannot afford such abbysmal tuition. Also, the quality of education does not justify the increase. Why go to lasu when there are private universities.

1 Like

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Clemzy16(m): 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2012
Edo state government has reduced the tuiton fees of Ambrose Ali university, Ekpoma. to about 70k. And even, the major opposing party **P has promised to reduced it more if voted into power in the next election. And now, Lagos state government are increasing their.. Hmm.. Na wa o!
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by olumide77: 1:47pm On Jun 19, 2012
Damseluc: What's so special about that school that the tuition fees is so high, Even the best school in Nigeria is not as expensive as that. So the poor or middle class can't go to school anylonger? I have seen people who graduated from expensive schools but cannot even defend their certificates or even express themselves well.

Sorry madam, if i may ask which federal/state school is the best in Nigeria?.
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by zordx(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2012
as written by afan4eva the educational standard of the school does not justify the increase,why should i be struggling to enter a state owned university when i can enter a private one with similar tuition fees e.g. Covenant University. The should have improved on the quality of education before subjecting students and also parents to this type of situation.
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Silva79(f): 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
I'll really appreciate an answer. How much is admission fee 4 unilag? @topic its so unfortunate,wen imoites r enjoying free education
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 19, 2012
Fashola is working.ACN demoracy for justice indeed.
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by ifeware: 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
UNIBEN.......... aka Unibest
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by bayulll01(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2012
dnt mind them if u dnt knw lasu among the top ten university in 9ja,for those hailing private schl i pity u guys
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by basadenet: 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2012
From that it has shown that the present administration is not for the masses but for the elites and they will never escape God.s Wrath IJN. Amen. Now a lot of children of the less privileged in the society can no longer afford to go to school because of this draconian policies.
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by suqexconcepts(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2012
ifeware: UNIBEN.......... aka Unibest
@ ifeware, pls are u a Uniben student? if yes,
pls I need ur help, kindly flash me on this line 08025328367
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by kennytidistar(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
lasu ma foot, i will better goto private school where i know i will enjoy the value for my money.

2 Likes

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2012
300,000 is enough to start business.is higher educatiom a must?

4 Likes

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Afam4eva(m): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2012
Laalamed: 300,000 is enough to start business.is higher educatiom a must?
By brother, God bless you. The way people scamper to get admission beats my imagination. It's not as if when they come out, they'll become automatic millionaires. Everyone mustn't attend a university.
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by basadenet: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2012
mapet: O boy relax with your sensational postings and outright falsehood...... Haba! You know what? I take it that you've not been to Lagos talkeless knowing LASU........

The reasons adduced by the government for the fees is that Lagos State government is pushing LASU to become semi-autonomous and self sustaining. If Private Schools can be funded with fees paid by students, then may be government sees this as a long lasting way of running it.

Recall that when this was announced by the Lagos state government, debated on the floor of the House of Reps and even students protested.

Meanwhile all you guys hailing private schools.......I simply see them as get-away for low-scoring and "Jamb" failed students......

@mapet. It is rather unfortunate that somebody like you can think in the way the present Government.Is LASU better than other state university? No... Did Fashola not benefited from the Free Education of lagos State Government? Yes... What moral justification does he have to unilaterally increase the school fee without recourse the plight of the Masses? Out of state universities in the country Lagos fee triple that of other states. It will be advisable for the Governor to tow the part of honor than that of dishonor which is presently staring him in the face. And he should realized that very soon he will leave the seat of Government, so what will become of him?

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by ifeware: 2:12pm On Jun 19, 2012
suqexconcepts: @ ifeware, pls are u a Uniben student? if yes,
pls I need ur help, kindly flash me on this line 08025328367
why shld i flash you wat exactly do u need/want?

1 Like

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Skmoda360(m): 2:13pm On Jun 19, 2012
what abt kwasu
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by tessyade: 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2012
afam4eva: It's expected. Majority of people who go to LASU belong to the bottom-class of the society and as such cannot afford such abbysmal tuition. Also, the quality of education does not justify the increase. Why go to lasu when there are private universities.
I agree with you. If any university in nigeria should increase its tuition, it shouldnt be lasu. I have a colleague in my office who is in her final year in lasu part time. She has too many bitter stories to tell and she has also vow to discourage anyone who plans to seek admission there.

1 Like

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by fbabs(m): 2:16pm On Jun 19, 2012
mapet: Meanwhile all you guys hailing private schools.......I simply see them as get-away for low-scoring and "Jamb" failed students......

i beg to disagree.nt all private uni students failed jamb. Some are there due to d shortcomings of public unis

2 Likes

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by philip0906(m): 2:23pm On Jun 19, 2012
mapet: O boy relax with your sensational postings and outright falsehood...... Haba! You know what? I take it that you've not been to Lagos talkeless knowing LASU........

look @ d rubbish u typed here,yet u r quick 2 attack private unis?

3 Likes

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by love4ual: 2:28pm On Jun 19, 2012
such an amount for a school that is not the best school in nigeria.........rubbish........some schools in the states...do not even pay up to that in a semester.....
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Ibangap(m): 2:32pm On Jun 19, 2012
mapet:

The reasons adduced by the government for the fees is that Lagos State government is pushing LASU to become semi-autonomous and self sustaining. If Private Schools can be funded with fees paid by students, then may be government sees this as a long lasting way of running it
And d money allocated 2 d state frm the educational budget will be used 4 wat?

2 Likes

Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by asudan: 2:36pm On Jun 19, 2012
Although d fees r high,d no of graduate are more n no guarantee or possibility that they will have job.I think what LASG would have done is to design strict policy to cumb d population applying instead of increasing fees.On the other hand,it is not a must that you attend LASU afterall they are other schools that are less expensive-UNIBEN,UNILAG E.T.C.
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by suqexconcepts(m): 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2012
ifeware: why shld i flash you wat exactly do u need/want?
i actually need contact of a current student who can supply me all I need to do as a Direct entry applicant. can u help?
Re: LASU Post-UTME: ₦190K To ₦384k Tuition Causes Low Turnout by Chanchit: 2:40pm On Jun 19, 2012
Phuck lasu...! Nxt yr they would get 1000 students for their p.ume, no body go teach them before they announce the new tuition fee.... Mtcheeew... Even those that graduated from that God forsaken school are yet to recieve their certificate... Increasing tuition fee, while rendering bad service...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Federal Polytechnic Ede Osun State Was Shut Down Today Due To Protest / Are Engineering Students Really More Intelligent Than Medical Students? (picx) / Who Knows The Date For The 2007 Jamb Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.