Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,315 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State (10484 Views)

Trailer Carries 100 UNILORIN Students Due To Fuel Scarcity (Video) / "No Change In Resumption Date " - OAU Public Relations Officer / Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Zobski(m): 10:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
Lagos - As directed by the Lagos State Government, Public Primary and Secondary Schools in Lagos resumed for the Third term of the 2015/2016 academic session on Monday, but the resumption was marred by low turnout of pupils.
The resumption in some schools both public and private schools visited were deserted, while others were completely under lock and key.
Schools visited included Onitolo Grammar School, Surulere; Ransome Kuti Girls High School, Jibowu; Abina Primary School, Surulere; Akitan Grammar School, Surulere and Gbaja Girl High School, Surulere, amongst others.
Some private schools found to be under lock and key included Multi Grace College, Alimosho and Role Model School, Ikosi.
Also some public school pupils were turned back by their school authorities in Mushin, Ijegun and Alagbado areas, due to the current fuel scarcity.
Some parents said that private school managements had, through text messages, informed them of the postponement of the resumption.
The parents said the managements cited the current fuel scarcity as the major reason for the postponement.
Many of the schools have, however, rescheduled their resumption date to April 18 and conveyed the new date to parents through text messages.
``Dear parents, due to the ongoing fuel scarcity, the resumption date is now April 18. Thanks for your cooperation.
``In compliance with government directive, the resumption date has been moved to Monday, April 18,’’ a text message sent to one Mrs Alice Ayorinde, a parent, stated.
Ayorinde said that her children would spend the additional one week at home, as directed by the school management.
``I got a text message from the management of my children’s school that they will not resume today because of fuel scarcity.
``It is good that schools will not resume today because the cost of transportation has skyrocketed by over 100 per cent.
``It will cost me more and be stressful for the children when we are looking for public transport to take them to school,’’ she said.
NAN recalls that the Lagos State Ministry of Education had on April 9 confirmed April 11 as the resumption date for the third term academic session in public schools in the state.
The State Deputy Gov., Dr Idiat Adebule, who also doubles as Commissioner for Education, in a statement had declared that it was necessary to clarify the resumption date ``based on recent rumour and insinuations that the resumption date has been postponed’’.
Meanwhile, the Lagos State Wing of the Nigeria Union of Teachers (NUT) said that teachers in all public schools in the state had resumed for the term, amidst the fuel crises.
Mr Adesina Adedoyin, the State Deputy Chairman of the union, said that the teachers were ready to resume work, ``despite all odds’’.
Adedoyin said that the academic calendar for the session had been provided and that April 11 had been stated as resumption date for the third term.
He added that any shift in the resumption date might affect the academic calendar.
``The position of the teachers is that we are willingly to work.
``As teachers and parents, we are also feeling the effect of the traffic and the fuel crises and understand the pains of other parents.
``Whatever pronouncement made by the government cannot be altered because it would affect the school calendar,’’ he added. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/fuel-scarcity-low-turnout-mars-schools-resumption-lagos-state/
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by iheanyi4u(m): 6:58am On Apr 12, 2016
Oh my Lord am first to comment today? Chai why was it not a Monday? Anyway glo for ever attempting to bash you guys as been the most terrible hopeless network Ayam Truly sorry. You guys have my love for now till Ntel shows up.

When #istandwithbuhari campaign vehicle buys black market fuel at N400 per liter how do you expect parents to get fuel for school runs? Besides it's the first week of school and serious lecture never start so it's just Buharinomics

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by korel9: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2016
Hmmm

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by okwudiliemma: 6:58am On Apr 12, 2016
Ftc tins.....oshe ooooo.....
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Pascal181: 6:59am On Apr 12, 2016
Why not.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by admax(m): 6:59am On Apr 12, 2016
These guys ought to get their act to together and sort the barrage of problems facing this country, all this budget padding and Saraki trial shouldn't be a distraction.

The Min. Of State for petroleum should stop talking and CBN should make forex available as this is now a National Emergency!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by greall12(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2016
All is well.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by spicy244(f): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2016
The first week is not always that academic serious..... Cleanship and so called revision now......

But which way this country? I know it'll get better soon
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by omoijesa(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2016
Just because of one illitrate somewhere in china, he's nowhere 2 b found now and the populace is seriously hit my dis hardship...God dey

11 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by edlion57(m): 7:00am On Apr 12, 2016
Plz i no read dis story ....wetin i knw is that der is fuel scarcity and i need Likes badly

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Christine01(f): 7:01am On Apr 12, 2016
Ok!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Nobody: 7:01am On Apr 12, 2016
Public transport.....would solve this issue.

Also...it should be pointed out that the fall in oil prices has revealed how bad things are in Nigeria's petroleum industry. We have been using importation to cover the cracks.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by poshtimms20: 7:02am On Apr 12, 2016
Just lik I tout its gonna b dis way
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by neolboy(m): 7:04am On Apr 12, 2016
Na wa for this country, May God help us in this turbulent period
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 12, 2016
admax:
These guys ought to get their act to together and sort the barrage of problems facing this country, all this budget padding and Saraki trial shouldn't be a distraction.

The Min. Of State for petroleum should stop talking and CBN should make forex available as this is now a National Emergency!

We should also

1.Remove fuel subsidy...we have no choice.

2.Eventually build more refineries to end our dependence on imported fuel
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by ceslide: 7:07am On Apr 12, 2016
Dr Idiat...lool grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by M4gunners: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2016
APC have finally raped Nigeria pupils their right to education. What change has caused us.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Corperadams: 7:13am On Apr 12, 2016
This is not good,, where are we going? Pls how much are dey sellin bicycle @ ur area. #IsearchForBicycle#
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by bilulu(m): 7:13am On Apr 12, 2016
was it not d same Lagosians dat protested wen Gej removed subsidy? All dis wouldn't ve come up if they weren't so ignorant
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by lekelistik: 7:15am On Apr 12, 2016
Good times ahead I believe
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by DrTeeee(m): 7:15am On Apr 12, 2016
undecidedAnd what gives them the assurance that the scarcity won't persist till nextweek? (Just saying, no persimism)
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by mytime24(f): 7:19am On Apr 12, 2016
I hv a gift 4somebody grin

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by onyxo76(m): 7:20am On Apr 12, 2016
Good thing mine still have 2 weeks to resumption. I need to start storing fuel against that date. I'm just tired of everything buying fuel for 200 per litre is killing,
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by lonelydora: 7:26am On Apr 12, 2016
School don open? Chai..... another school fees around the corner. No beer drinking for now abeg. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Nobody: 7:29am On Apr 12, 2016
This Buhari/ Osibanjo Govt. is the most insensitive government I have witnessed since 1989.

Is it until they cripple this country to ground before they realize what is happening?

APC is just repackaged PDP, with more bad men. . . Shebi you people's eyes have cleared! Sai Baba! grin

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Oildichotomy(m): 7:30am On Apr 12, 2016
The frustration is really getting to the boiling point
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by justicejay(m): 7:31am On Apr 12, 2016
Blame it on our illiterate presido

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by tuzle(m): 7:38am On Apr 12, 2016
oboy
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by OLUJOSHINS(m): 7:41am On Apr 12, 2016
Smh

& to think I fell for the campaign tricks of this government
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by abbeyty(m): 7:43am On Apr 12, 2016
NA wa ooh a country that is a member of Opec, imagine Nigeria without crude oil, I believe Nigeria is the only OPEC member state that goes through this oil crisis every time, I doubt if a war tore country like Iraq ever experienced this before. The hardship is too much
Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2016
lonelydora:
School don open? Chai..... another school fees around the corner. No beer drinking for now abeg. grin grin
y?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: Low Turnout Mars Schools Resumption In Lagos State by x12345678x: 7:54am On Apr 12, 2016
admax:

I fink thr'z a minister for petroleum

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2019/2020 UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Thread / Practice Likely Post Utme Questions Online Now / UNILAG TRANSCRIPT (student Copy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.