Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . (8540 Views)

Security Tips For This Yuletide Period / Security Tips For Everyone / Automobile Security Tips : Gps/gsm/online Car Tracking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by cdoffx(m): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
ebamma: and if u are in the north when u wish to go to church always wear a bullet proof vest.
you should know a bullet proof vest won't protect you again a bomb blast na
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Ollybiz(f): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vikin: Before going to bed close all windows if you have aircondition in your house.
Thiefs/robbers move around with a very big cutter that welders use for work. If your windows are opened, they quitely cut it(protectors) and gain entrance, if not...they dont like noise/ attraction, its defficult for them to break the glass to gain entrance.

If not aircondition, keep only the window close to your bed opened. with machetti close to your bed in case you see any unwanted hand. If you no get mind use machete, keep a bottle fcold water to pour on them then scream acid!!, like that they think its acid, and run for their lifes!

Also, if you are alone at home and they try to gain entrance...scream FIRE!!!!FIRE!!!! Dont even think of calling police or screaming thieves oh!!! If you scream theives, your neighbours with double lock their door, but when you scream fire....every one takes off including your unwanted visitors.

Hope this helps, talking out of experience in Naija!

lol, it really help.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by rakaasta(f): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2012
@vikin and KINGwax, you guys r funny.I just cant stop laughing but sincerely u are right. Cant stop laughing.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by robinhoodd2(m): 4:17pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayushit or whatever ur name is.y r u like ds.all ur comments are senseless,now I understand y ur posts never made it to d front page.f off
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 21, 2012
iyatrustee:

i dont believe that! so how you dey take dey online 24hrs? grin grin grin
Smh.
That's for when driving. To avoid exposing my phone in the guise of expecting a call. . .

That wasn't so hard now, was it?
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Donbrig: 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2012
Avoid public spraying of money in every occassion or ceremony, this could over expose you to criminals. You could envelope or package your gift and give it to the celebrants. He who shows his wealth to a thief is responsible for his own pillage.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by badboym: 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2012
As for the Gen tripping off,if you don't check it immediately,I advice you somehow do on time cos there was a time me Gen set tripped off though it wasn't at an odd hour.When I went out to check what the problem was,my neighbor was already helping me put fire out on it and there were like 5 Generators where mine was.Imagine the inferno if there wasn't a quick intervention?Nice tips though.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Benfaco: 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2012
When crossing the road look left,right,left,right again look up,up again and then cross,when in your sitting room if u hear any sort of noise run out look around go in again ...... [color=#990000] grin
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by HighChief4(m): 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2012
When kidnappers or armed robbers bundle you inside the trunk of your/their car, do not start hitting the car, all you have to do is just to try and loose one of the rear/break lights, bring out your hand from there and start waving around. People will see you waving and will quickly alert the police while the criminals will be driving without knowing whats going on.

2 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Beaf1: 6:20pm On Jun 21, 2012
If your car is stolen or snatched especially please report to police immediately and have evidence that you did. Boko Haram steal or snatches people's cars and are using them for suicide bombings.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by BusHouse(m): 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2012
1).If u are in a bar, club or joint, do not leave your drink unattended to take it along: even to d convinience to avoid been poisoned. 2). Do not accept drinks, snacks from a stranger while on a journey. Lastly. Always carry a gun were ever you are going.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by olivia19(f): 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nice one. Thanks
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by DECOtech(m): 6:58pm On Jun 21, 2012
kayusfit: And why on ea
rth would this nonsense make the fro
ntpage? I'm getting tired of nairala
nd and all the crazy mods on here. N
one of my post ever made it to the f
ront page but this poo made it. Too
bad
And why on earth should u post on
this thread or even be on nairaland?
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by LordReed(m): 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
BusHouse: 1).If u are in a bar, club or joint, do not leave your drink unattended to take it along: even to d convinience to avoid been poisoned. 2). Do not accept drinks, snacks from a stranger while on a journey. Lastly. Always carry a gun were ever you are going.

This is not the Wild Wild West.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Balyz: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
ebamma: and if u are in the north when u wish to go to church always wear a bullet proof vest.
And even that dosent work. Except say u have bombproof vest
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by cynthiaibeabuchi(f): 7:22pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nice one
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by DECOtech(m): 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2012
drive aggressively at the middle of
the road or a little more on the
opposite side of a non demacated
road. Trust me,
...it normally
discourages
me from wanting to chase n snatch ur
car.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ayobase(m): 7:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
badboym: As for the Gen tripping off,if you don't check it immediately,I advice you somehow do on time cos there was a time me Gen set tripped off though it wasn't at an odd hour.When I went out to check what the problem was,my neighbor was already helping me put fire out on it and there were like 5 Generators where mine was.Imagine the inferno if there wasn't a quick intervention?Nice tips though.

Then gen is better placed in a visible sight from inside!
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ayobase(m): 7:46pm On Jun 21, 2012
Benfaco: When crossing the road look left,right,left,right again look up,up again and then cross,when in your sitting room if u hear any sort of noise run out look around go in again ...... [color=#990000] grin

Who knows if Dana has resurrected!
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ayobase(m): 7:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
BusHouse: 1).If u are in a bar, club or joint, do not leave your drink unattended to take it along: even to d convinience to avoid been poisoned. 2). Do not accept drinks, snacks from a stranger while on a journey. Lastly. Always carry a gun were ever you are going.

Still waiting for that to be licensed!
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ayobase(m): 8:00pm On Jun 21, 2012
-When in any public meetings, make sure u are not seated close to the entrance.
-No point taking wallet to crowded environment e.g. Football centre for football lovers.
-If possible and if u know how to play d game right, being pally with bad guys in ur neighbourhood could save u a lot of troubles......
environment matters though!
-When walking along the road, do make sure u are always on the lane where u could face on -coming vehicles.
-Observing shadows and shades around u when alone helps!
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by ymozay: 8:45pm On Jun 21, 2012
wen u go 2 wash ur car,don't believe any excuse 2 leave ur keys 2 dis boys even if u'r 2 ease urself,my friends car just got stolen in abuja last week;he gave the keys 2 1 of dis boys dat wash his car regularly 2 clean,bt d boy foolishly gave it 2 another boy dat has just spent 2weeks in d carwash 2 clean on his behalf nd d rest is story.........!
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by StepG: 8:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
Vikin: Before going to bed close all windows if you have aircondition in your house.
Thiefs/robbers move around with a very big cutter that welders use for work. If your windows are opened, they quitely cut it(protectors) and gain entrance, if not...they dont like noise/ attraction, its defficult for them to break the glass to gain entrance.

If not aircondition, keep only the window close to your bed opened. with machetti close to your bed in case you see any unwanted hand. If you no get mind use machete, keep a bottle fcold water to pour on them then scream acid!!, like that they think its acid, and run for their lifes!

Also, if you are alone at home and they try to gain entrance...scream FIRE!!!!FIRE!!!! Dont even think of calling police or screaming thieves oh!!! If you scream theives, your neighbours with double lock their door, but when you scream fire....every one takes off including your unwanted visitors.

Hope this helps, talking out of experience in Naija!
. vikin u no go kill man pikin with laughter Office se u be comedian am sure u will do well there 3 gbosa for u I dey feel u man.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Mbechun007: 9:23pm On Jun 21, 2012
Nice info, thanks.

hilarious comments. I love Nairaland grin
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by Nobody: 12:26am On Jun 22, 2012
Thank Jah for this topic...God bless all the "reasonable" contributors. My own advice:
-Don't TRUST any man.
-Be 'very' careful with your friend's friends.
-Don't travel to the northern part of 9ja...
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by eyenCalabar(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2012
-If you are an aspiring young man, stay away from women.
-If you want to live long, stay away from women.
-If you want to be successful, stay away from women.
-If you want to be happy with your life, stay away from women.
-If you want to avoid heart break or heart attack; high-, low- or middle- pertension; high-, low- or middle blood pressure, stay away from women.
-If you want to read, write and pass your exams, stay away from women.
-If you want to be wise, stay away from women (remember the story of Adam, after Eve gave him the fruit, he becomes f0olish and was telling God trash.
-If you want to concentrate in a church service, don't look at women, stay away from them.
-If you want your plans to be realistic, don't tell a woman even your wife.
-If you want to have peace in your life, stay away from women.
-If you want to have a healthy relationship with friends especially in school, stay away from women. This one is for the students.

But note, staying away here doesn't mean hating them pls and it doesn't mean I don't want you to be getting married to them. But pls, be very cautious with them. Women are so treacherous in nature and every man must be conscious to this reality. Great men have fallen because of women. And at times I wonder if it the same God that created men create women. Am very sorry to say this because it sounds as if am having hatred for them but if you apply those simple rules in your life, u'll be so successful, because 95% of our fallen heroes are because of women. May God help you find your dream woman.

Secure your future today!!!

2 Likes

Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by RoberEdward: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
thanks for this, we should really know that..
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by chinedumo(m): 1:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
[size=15pt]laugh no go kill me oh[/size] grin grin grin
eyenCalabar: -If you are an aspiring young man, stay away from women.
-If you want to be successful, stay away from women.
-If you want to avoid heart break or heart attack; high-, low- or middle- pertension; high-, low- or middle blood pressure, stay away from women.
-If you want to be wise, stay away from women (remember the story of Adam, after Eve gave him the fruit, he becomes f0olish and was telling God trash.
-If you want to concentrate in a church service, don't look at women, stay away from them.
-If you want your plans to be realistic, don't tell a woman even your wife.
-If you want to have a healthy relationship with friends especially in school, stay away from women. This one is for the students.

But note, staying away here doesn't mean hating them pls and it doesn't mean I don't want you to be getting married to them. But pls, be very cautious with them. Women are so treacherous in nature and every man must be conscious to this reality. Great men have fallen because of women. And at times I wonder if it the same God that created men create women. Am very sorry to say this because it sounds as if am having hatred for them but if you apply those simple rules in your life, u'll be so successful, because 95% of our fallen heroes are because of women. May God help you find your dream woman.

Secure your future today!!!
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by jslimz(f): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2012
eyenCalabar: -If you are an aspiring young man, stay away from women.
-If you want to be successful, stay away from [s]wo[s/]men.
-If you want to be wise, stay away from women [s](remember the story of Adam, after Eve gave him the fruit, he becomes f0olish and was telling God trash.[/s]
-If you want your plans to be realistic, don't tell a woman even your wife husband.

But note, staying away here doesn't mean hating them pls and it doesn't mean I don't want you to be getting married to them. But pls, be very cautious with them. Women are so treacherous in nature and every woman must be conscious to this reality. And at times I wonder if it is the same God that created men created women.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by lioncoolst(m): 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2012
1. Before entering into a vehicle especially if u live in Lagos, take a quick glance at the faces of the occupants of the vehicle and quickly analyse them before you enter; and in case you have entered before you realize something funny, look for every opportunity to disembark. 2. Wear dark-coloured clothes at night and sneakers too. 3. If you are walking in a dark and lonely road or path, walk fast and dangerously like a predator, if you can; its always easy to spot a prey. 4. If anyone calls you in the dark, pls shun!! cool1. Before entering into a vehicle especially if u live in Lagos, take a quick glance at the faces of the occupants of the vehicle and quickly analyse them before you enter; and in case you have entered before you realize something funny, look for every opportunity to disembark. 2. Wear dark-coloured clothes at night and sneakers too. 3. If you are walking in a dark and lonely road or path, walk fast and dangerously like a predator, if you caaaan; its always easy to spot a prey. 4. If anyone calls you in the dark, pls shun!! 8
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by lioncoolst(m): 8:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
Just buy a bingo and take him wit u wiaever u r going! Trust me, they r better than Rotweillers and Alsatians. winkJust buy a bingo and take him wit u wiaever u r going! Trust me, they r better than Rotweillers and Alsatians.
Re: Security Tips You Might Find Useful. . . by tomzman: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2012
Nice thread.I've learnt some new things.kudos to all who made reasonable contributions.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ghana National Mega Winning Numbers / How Mko Abiola Died: He Was Hale And Hearty : Then He Drank The Tea / Those Girls On 2face Idibia's African Queen Video !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.