Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Boko Haram- Muslim Army? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Boko Haram- Muslim Army? (1342 Views)

Boko Haram:muslim Army? / Boko Haram- Muslim Army? / Book Haram - Muslim Army? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by tunshe: 5:14pm On Jun 20, 2012
My aim is not to apologize for my religion; I will not write as one who is ashamed of my way of life, and before you shout ‘Southern Muslim!’ like I’m certain you’re probably already thinking, let me inform you that Muslims all over the world are one and the same.
Once, the Prophet (PBUH) was asked ‘who is a Muslim?’, his reply made it clear that anyone who believes in the Oneness of God and offers as-salat (prayers) regularly is a Muslim; I call this the ‘minimum requirement(s) into the school of Islam’, a School of which I’m a proud student. I have faith in the Oneness of God, I observe as-salat, I give Zakat (charity), I fast during Ramadan, and I hope to go on pilgrimage soon. Muslim, I am, and I will die as one (Insha Allah).
Many times, I’ve had cause to dispel rumours about my religion (I do not conform to any form of stereotype, so I’ve had the privilege of hearing a lot of lies and conjecture). Once, on a bus from Enugu to Lagos, a preacher decided to get the attention of his ‘mobile congregation’ by misquoting and murdering verses from the Holy Qur’an. I respectfully waited for him to end his hateful sermon, then produced my Quran and read the actual verses to everyone in the bus. I even took time to explain what Jihad means, what it entails, and what led to it. Yes, I’m a woman; No, I’m not a scholar. But do you have to be male or a Reverend to understand the Bible?
As you most probably already know, Jihad means Holy War. There are two forms of Jihad- the one you fight within yourself (this entails choosing between what’s right and what’s wrong), and actual warfare.
Now, what led to it?
When the Prophet (PBUH) began to spread the message of Islam, the unbelievers (pagans, idol worshippers) of that time decided that Muslims didn’t deserve to live; they attacked Muslims, took over their properties, killed them. Muslims were oppressed. Initially, they were asked to ignore the pagans and maintain peace, but when the situation became unbearable, God asked them to fight back.
The first verse revealed with respect to Jihad (V 2:190) says ‘And fight in the way of Allah those who fight you, but transgress not the limits. Truly, Allah likes not the transgressors‘. This verse is the ‘foundation’ of Jihad, it prescribes THE standard for warfare in the name of God.
Fight against those who fight against you; God did not say ‘fight against those who piss you off’, He didn’t say ‘fight against those who you don’t like’. ‘Fight against those who fight against you’ means self-defence is the ONLY form of violence that’s permitted.
‘But do not transgress limits’; self-defence was the previously established limit. ‘Transgression’ would then mean fighting people who didn’t attack you first. This is termed ‘irjaf’. Irjaf and Jihad are two extremely different things.
Before you judge the over one billion Muslims in the world by the actions of some hell-bound transgressors, kindly permit me to draw your attention to the Muslim Capital of the World; Saudi Arabia. Do Christians live there or not? How many times has a suicide bombing occurred there? How many times have some obviously deluded, highly misguided maniacs demanded that they all revert to Islam?
This brings me to another issue- suicide. My Qur’an tells me that suicide is a one-way ticket to Hell. Couple that with aggression, and tell me what the outcome would be.
This brings me, inevitably, to Boko Haram. Personally, I believe what happened in this case was a deliberate move by government to hijack a problem that should have been solved at inception, and turn it to a political tool for division.
Nigerians have always had a penchant for tribalism; add different religions to the mix and the potion becomes even more volatile and potentially lethal. Just how lethal that potion is, is what we’re all experiencing now.
Frankly, what this is about is speaking for myself and others like me, and most importantly, sparing Islam the pain of being seen as something it’s not.
Claiming Islam encourages violence is akin to saying that Christianity or Buddhism or Zoroastrianism, or even Scientology, gives room for a vice that some of its followers have.
Right now, I’m just so glad that Hitler and Truman weren’t Muslims.
My point? PEOPLE are evil, PEOPLE kill, and taking up arms and killing little children is no justification. Boko Haram does not have the mandate of Nigerian Muslims to exterminate Christians. When Boko Haram killed Imams almost on a daily basis, there were no reprisals. Nobody said ‘Muslims have asked Boko Haram to kill the clerics’. When busy areas of Kano were bombed, no one said ‘Muslims are killing Christians again’.
This selective anger, this selective pity, is what I do not like. My eldest sister is an evangelist, my niece bears the name ‘Chukwuamaka’, her father is an Igbo man. Why would I, a Muslim, then decide to send Boko Haram on a mission to kill Christians? Or why would I harbour murderous thoughts towards Christians at all?
My Quran tells me that ‘…….he who takes a life will be judged like he killed all of mankind….he who saves a life will be judged like he saved all of mankind’ (5:32). If Boko Haram is following any sort of manual, it is not this Qur’an (or any other for that matter because there are no different versions. The Qur’an is the same anywhere in the world). Perhaps if we did the right thing and displaced those thieves and murderers from their seats of power, we would find copies of the manual beneath those seats.
There’s a rule I abide by; ‘if you don’t know it, don’t say it’. Seventy-two virgins as reward for suicide? I’ve read the Qur’an from cover to cover countless times and not once have I come across it. The Holy Qur’an does not portray Paradise as a reward for suicide and/or murder.
I pray that God gives all those who’ve lost their loved ones- Muslims, Christians, Traditionalists, free thinkers- the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by italo: 8:24pm On Jun 20, 2012
We refuse to be fools!
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by dankol: 10:51pm On Jun 20, 2012
Tel dat 2 d dogs. I've stop 2 argue wit boko haramist wheda mild or extremist. It is expectd of u 2 defend islam. U spoke of saudi arabia, can i take my bible wit me into saudi witout smuglin it in? Dere ar countles underground xtian gatherin nd several oda measures 2 curb xtianity, hence no need 2 exterminate dem bt frustrat dem wit sharia. So pls jst admit 1 fact dat u ar nt a muslim if u ar nt d violent type. Period!
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by deols(f): 6:49am On Jun 21, 2012
italo: We refuse to be fools!

and so obviously. What tangible reasons dispel my opinion of u as one?
dankol: Tel dat 2 d dogs. I've stop 2 argue wit boko haramist wheda mild or extremist. It is expectd of u 2 defend islam. U spoke of saudi arabia, can i take my bible wit me into saudi witout smuglin it in? Dere ar countles underground xtian gatherin nd several oda measures 2 curb xtianity, hence no need 2 exterminate dem bt frustrat dem wit sharia. So pls jst admit 1 fact dat u ar nt a muslim if u ar nt d violent type. Period!

and av u tried taking your bible to Saudi or you just are one of those too happy d rumor is thriving they wont even think for themselves? Its a world where you so are responsible for what you believe in. Take it or leave it, she's spoken the truth and the mind of the majority of Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by tunshe: 9:40am On Jun 21, 2012
Think deep!

Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by italo: 10:47am On Jun 21, 2012
Quran 2:216: "Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not".

This verse contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.  From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Right or wrong?
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by italo: 11:00am On Jun 21, 2012
We will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve for what they have associated with Allah of which He had not sent down [any] authority. And their refuge will be the Fire, and wretched is the residence of the wrongdoers.--Quran 3:151
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by italo: 11:05am On Jun 21, 2012
So let those fight in the cause of Allah who sell the life of this world for the Hereafter. And he who fights in the cause of Allah and is killed or achieves victory - We will bestow upon him a great reward.--Quran 4:74

These Muslims are killed in battle, as they attempt to inflict death and destruction for the cause of Allah.  Here is the theological basis for today's suicide bombers.

Right or wrong?
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by italo: 11:08am On Jun 21, 2012
There are dozens more (seemingly) satanic verses that you left out in your essay, but let me make it easier for you to explain.
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by tunshe: 11:34am On Jun 21, 2012
Italo,I could also quote many biblical verses out of context.

The verses you quoted out of context were during the persecution of the Muslims.Verses in the Holy Quran were revealed based on the current situation.

Research Freemasonry,Crusaders,Knights Templar,Conflicts between Protestants and Catholic,......then,we will discuss!
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by LagosShia: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2012
i can see our dear wahhabi moderator have deleted my post.he did not even hide it.he totally deleted it because i simply said that the author of the article should not have cited saudi arabia as the world capital of Muslims but the world capital of wahhabism,and is not a good model for peace.remember,most of the hijackers on 9/11 are believed to be saudis.
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by HyeBits: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2012
italo: Quran 2:216: "Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not".

This verse contradicts the myth that fighting is intended only in self-defense, since the audience was obviously not under attack at the time.  From the Hadith, we know that this verse was narrated at a time that Muhammad was actually trying to motivate his people into raiding merchant caravans for loot.

Right or wrong?

For your enlightement brother. The exigency of the portion you cited out of its context is further explained by the two verses in sequence-Quran 2:217 and 218. The Quran 2:218 read: "Those who believed and those who suffer exile and fought (and strove and struggled) in the path of Allah,- they have the hope of the Mercy of Allah: and Allah is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. This verse throws light to the verse you earlier cited. This was revealed in the early stage of the messengership of the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) when muslims were oppressed, maimed and killed as the verse 217 has explicitly stated.
At this stage as well Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) escaped assassination. Despite the heights of this oppression, war was only commanded when Mecca infidels set out on war campaign to finish off muslims in Medinah after they have been exiled. Then, Allah (Subuhanahu Wa Tahalah) commanded the Muslims to war, evidence with the verses you cited and those in its category.
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by tunshe: 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
Italo,have seen this Quranic verse before?or your mission is to fan embers of religious intolerance?or misrepresent Islam?

Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by tunshe: 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2012
LagosShia,is that your contribution to the bloodshed,height of intolerance and hatred exhibited by Nigerians?

Is your mission cause further division,diversion of thoughts and crisis?

Where is your brain?in your hand? angry
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2012
The essay wasn't originated by the poster. You could have at least given credit. To the original author.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by mhsanni(f): 6:17am On Jun 22, 2012
LagosShia: i can see our dear wahhabi moderator have deleted my post.he did not even hide it.he totally deleted it because i simply said that the author of the article should not have cited saudi arabia as the world capital of Muslims but the world capital of wahhabism,and is not a good model for peace.remember,most of the hijackers on 9/11 are believed to be saudis.

y dont u concentrate on wat unites us as one ummah..rada dan emphasizn on our differences...the main goal of every muslim irrespectv of being a sunni, shiayt, sufis etc.. is to worship Allah to d best of deir capabilities n not to start lukn for faults in odas...
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by BetaThings: 7:40am On Jun 22, 2012
@italo
Christians kill muslims in Kaduna!!!!

A headline such as this could be crafted by anyone.
Would that fully represent the entire situation?
Let us try to be truthful!
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by italo: 3:59pm On Jun 23, 2012
tunshe: Italo,I could also quote many biblical verses out of context.

The verses you quoted out of context were during the persecution of the Muslims.Verses in the Holy Quran were revealed based on the current situation.

Research Freemasonry,Crusaders,Knights Templar,Conflicts between Protestants and Catholic,......then,we will discuss!

Very poor explanation. You are trying to justify these murderous teaching by citing freemasonry, knights, Catholic - Protestant conflicts etc...

In other words, it is okay that Muslims are known for killing people of other creeds unjustly, because Christians also fight... Is that it?
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by italo: 4:58am On Jun 24, 2012
BetaThings: @italo
Christians kill muslims in Kaduna!!!!

A headline such as this could be crafted by anyone.
Would that fully represent the entire situation?
Let us try to be truthful!

Of course you and I know the entire situation... That Muslims are known for mindless killings all over the world.

In Nigeria, Muslims have consistently killed Christians for NO reason from since even before the advent of Boko Haram. Let me just refresh your memory a little. When the Miss World beauty pageant was to be held in Nigeria, Muslims went on a rampage, killing Christians and destroying their properties. I remember in Abuja then I was driving towards the Central Mosque when they set out for their usual killing spree - straight from the Mosque. Luckily, I could easily make a u-turn and the Police later brought the situation under control. When Muslims in the North were demanding for Sharia Law, they also set out killing Christians in the charade they call "protests". In Egypt, Muslims consistently attack the 10% or less Christian population. In Indonesia, Churches are consistently being attacked just as you have in Nigeria.

I don't even know why I am telling you what you already know but just choose to brush under the carpet.

It is common knowledge in Nigeria that no matter how close you are to a Muslim - especially in the North, when "Jihad" comes around, he won't hesitate to kill you. In fact, you will be his best victim. A Muslim acquaintance once tried to explain it to my mum. He said: "no matter how much you love a fowl, when an important visitor comes, it is that most loved fowl of yours that you will kill for the person."

I have many "Muslim" friends though. Some I really love, as human beings, but only because they don't practise the religion to the full. Those who do... I dread...and for good and obvious reasons.

You can talk about anything else, but don't tell us that Islam is a religion of peace. If it were, you wouldn't need to say it. We can see for ourselves.
Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by tunshe: 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2012
Italo,when did you become my teacher? shocked

I am not justifying any conflicts,just trying to open your eyes to the fact that bloodshed cannot be divorced from Religion and ideologies(including communism,democracy....). So that when you say
That Muslims are known for mindless killings all over the world
,you would realize how much ignorance and religious bigotry you display to the public.

With the current situation in the country,Muslims feel uncomfortable and consistently dissociate from Boko Haram.

However,using the activities of small group of people in the North to justify Islam as a world religion is contemptuous and exposes how shallow your intellectual depth is.A lot happens in Nigeria,most times land disputes can lead to religious crisis due to population variation.

Please provide the info that in Egypt Muslims attack 10% Christians CONSISTENTLY and also the root cause or I tag you as a confused individual looking for attention.

Its glaring that your mission is to fan embers of religious intolerance on this platform.How can someone compare a christian to a Chicken?and you attribute it to Islam?
Al- Quran 5:32“…if any one slew a person - unless it be for murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people.”

Have you wondered why a lot of people became Muslims after 9/11?They strove to know about the religion and the conspiracy WITH OPEN MINDS.

Have you ever reasoned why Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world?The number of Pilgrims to Mecca has never reduced,instead capacity increases annually.

My dear friend, a lot of international conspiracy to name Islam black.I am optimistic that the truth will prevail and we Muslims will never feel apologetic or doubt our religion under no circumstance.Its the Religion of peace whether you believe it or not.
Al- Quran 2:256 “Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And God heareth and knoweth all things.”

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram- Muslim Army? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
Hye-Bits:

For your enlightement brother. The exigency of the portion you cited out of its context is further explained by the two verses in sequence-Quran 2:217 and 218. The Quran 2:218 read: "Those who believed and those who suffer exile and fought (and strove and struggled) in the path of Allah,- they have the hope of the Mercy of Allah: and Allah is oft-forgiving, Most Merciful. This verse throws light to the verse you earlier cited. This was revealed in the early stage of the messengership of the Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) when muslims were oppressed, maimed and killed as the verse 217 has explicitly stated.
At this stage as well Prophet Muhammed (PBUH) escaped assassination. Despite the heights of this oppression, war was only commanded when Mecca infidels set out on war campaign to finish off muslims in Medinah after they have been exiled. Then, Allah (Subuhanahu Wa Tahalah) commanded the Muslims to war, evidence with the verses you cited and those in its category.

May Allah reward you for this.

That is what these people do. They take verses out of context and give wrong meanings to them.
I am sure the guy has not read one word of Seerah or Hadith since the day he was born, yet he thinks he can quote verses and interprete their meanings.

(1) (Reply)

Obafemi Awolowo University Hating On Islam And Muslims? / Wife Material / 22 Dua From The Holy Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.