Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,325 members, 7,954,315 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus (1378 Views)

Join The Clarion Call: Seun, Add A 'dislike' Button To Every Topic Or Post / A Clarion Call For A Programming Team At Ogun State. / A Java J2me Application Developed By A Nigerian U Need To Have(must) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 20, 2012
I was inspired to create this topic after several attempts to log in to my 2go account: I think they are having some scalablity issues with the 20million user base. So, I thought over it: 2go was founded and created in South Africa and it's one of the trending socializer in Africa right now! But in the real outright: the app sucks, it's just as simple as that. No webapp,no cross-platform availability, notin notin. Why not organize a team of Naija coders to create the next big thing in Africa! So who's in for this ?
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2012
there is one thing for sure: YES WE CAN: Seun is doing it right now:NL and we can even go bigger, cross the border, anything is possible. Also PHP;scalable DB skills are needed in addition to the J2ME. So, I'm waiting for those ready for this before I say the next thing on ma mind. Are you in for this?
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Danyl(m): 12:02pm On Jun 22, 2012
@OP, that is highly thoughtful of you,but however, projects like this dont always reach completion if not for that you would've seen coders jumping in. i am not well versed in mobile applications development i would've opted in...this is my submission
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by elvis10ten(m): 10:52pm On Jun 27, 2012
Am in
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Arbeola13: 12:38am On Jun 28, 2012
Is it gona b an open source or wot?
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Peterson1993(m): 12:56am On Jun 28, 2012
g9kate: there is one thing for sure: YES WE CAN: Seun is doing it right now:NL and we can even go bigger, cross the border, anything is possible Also PHP;scalable DB skills are needed in addition to the J2ME. So, I'm waiting for those ready for this before I say the next thing on ma mind. Are you in for this?
Yeah I like one sentence you said "we can even go bigger".. I always have that runing through my mind daily but will require real hardwork, time and patience though..
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by chillaz(f): 11:01am On Jun 28, 2012
Am in... But let us know those who are interested in it...
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Peterson1993(m): 2:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
chillaz: Am in... But let us know those who are interested in it...
smiley Cool keen interest and cool profile pics shocked
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 29, 2012
if u're in then drop a mail at g9kate@gmail.com: of course it's not gonna be open source 'cos we wouldn't like people to mess around with clones. When u're sending the mail indicate your programming area of concentration( but have it in mind that we need j2me gurus). Then after having a few people on board, we 'll be coding in a sort of private repos.....let's get started.
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by lordZOUGA(m): 9:02am On Jun 29, 2012
errmm... If you use j2me for this stuff, you are going to end up with another 2go..
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by gozzilla(m): 11:18am On Jun 29, 2012
You want an application that rocks and you are already thinking technology (J2ME). Brother that is not the way to go. You complain that 2go does not have a web site, and you already lock yourself into the same error.

You don't need to talk client specifically. Talk on what you think will make you a better provider of chat. Have you found a better algorithm to reduce the data size being sent back and forth. Do you think you will do a better job than whatapp, ebuddy and nimbuzz.

Do you also realize that chat is really not a profitable business per say. Have you thought of how you are going to make money to sustain the 24/7 servers that a chat application requires.

If you have the answers to this, then count me in.
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2012
gozzilla: You want an application that rocks and you are already thinking technology (J2ME). Brother that is not the way to go. You complain that 2go does not have a web site, and you already lock yourself into the same error.
if j2me is not the saviour, i respect and i am willing to accept your recommendation: afterall it's all for success. Concerning scalability: i can handle the costs and I'm ready for it. I'll be expecting your mail at g9kate(at)gmail.com
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by gozzilla(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
You got mail g9kate
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 03, 2012
gozzilla: You got mail g9kate
sure, i'll get back shortly
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by SoftVersion(m): 9:35am On Jul 04, 2012
Do you think there aren't guys doing that already? Just wait and see, I bet you in the next few years, you'll a lot coming... and to be frank, nairaland sucks on pc, but best on mobile platforms... If Seun Osewa ain't careful... Nairaland will be history in the next 5yrs just like myspace.com
Re: Clarion Call On Nairaland J2ME Gurus by Peterson1993(m): 12:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
SoftVersion: Do you think there aren't guys doing that already? Just wait and see, I bet you in the next few years, you'll a lot coming... and to be frank, nairaland sucks on pc, but best on mobile platforms... If Seun Osewa ain't careful... Nairaland will be history in the next 5yrs just like myspace.com
Yep. You are very correct. Sometimes I just force myself using mobile phone to browse the internet just because of nairaland even if it is not what I really enjoy doing. Can't get my eyes shrinked because of nairaland..! Always on mobile keys with nairaland. Let hope it is amended bcoz the guys already use to it really don't care

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Insert Registration Data Into MYSQL Database After Checking Checkbox / Beginners To Advanced Video Tutorials On Programming Courses / Developer Needed For A Forum + Ecommerce Site Bugdet 140k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.