Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,200 members, 7,839,085 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

How Will I Cope With This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will I Cope With This? (1386 Views)

I Can’t Cope With His Big Manhood- Wife Tells Court / Bearded Ladies, How Do You Cope? / Help, How Do I Cope With A Verbally Abusive Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will I Cope With This? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2012
My wife has been on this admission thing for a long time now and her dream is finally going to become true as a US school has just given her admission to study.
We are married for about 3 years now with a 2 yr old baby girl. We are so fond of each other that we hardly do anything without each other.
I am so happy for her as that's her dream, but how will i cope with her absence for "2 YEARS", and alone with our baby??
Married people with such experience should please talk to me as i need your kind words now!
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by Wislet(f): 9:34am On Jun 22, 2012
this is sad.
2 whole years away from husband and young child?
Couldn't she have applied somewhere closer?
Hope de change of environment away from family for so long doesn't change her.
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by Tgirl4real(f): 10:11am On Jun 22, 2012
2 years

Whadda heck! Does she need the degree desperately ni? Din't u guys factor all these into your plan when she was seeking admission?

Any chances of you relocating with are temporarily?
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 22, 2012
I guess we were too desperate searching for her dream (getting to the height in academics), forgetting that we are also building a family.
Now that the reality has dawn on us, it's beginning to look scary.
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:06pm On Jun 22, 2012
kay-pawpaw:
I guess we were too desperate searching for her dream (getting to the height in academics), forgetting that we are also building a family.
Now that the reality has dawn on us, it's beginning to look scary.

My dear, it is scary. I am a woman and I can't allow my hubby to leave home for that long o. It's either we go together or lipsrsealed

Imagine this cold weather, how person go hold body sad cheesy
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 22, 2012
Tgirl4real:

My dear, it is scary. I am a woman and I can't allow my hubby to leave home for that long o. It's either we go together or lipsrsealed

Imagine this cold weather, how person go hold body sad cheesy

Sincerely, I don't have any problem with holding myself.
Just thinking about how I will manage with our daughter not seeing her mum the way she used to. Emotions generally. We're too close!!!
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2012
@OP
your problem is very simple: you guys have to MAKE AN IMPORTANT DECISION (which should have been made a long time ago), and stand by it and its consequences.
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by moremi2008(m): 7:19pm On Jun 22, 2012
Wow! This is a tough one. It's commendable that you're so supportive of her goals. 2years is a long time for a mum to leave her child but I have seen this before and everything worked out in the end (a family friend had to send her child to her mother's place across the country while she finished school in the US). As long as you both agree that her educational goals are worth the sacrifice, then you'll both get through this and be stronger for it.
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by 2mch(m): 9:07pm On Jun 22, 2012
You will survive. 2 years goes by fast. I will advise you to arrange for a visa for you and your daughter at the same time. They should give you 2 years or more. The both of you can now decide how often you will see each other. Every 6months or 4 times a year. This is if you guys have the financial capability for such. Have you guys discussed what happens afterwards? Because i am sure she will like to work abroad for a few years after graduation. If this is the case, then you are looking at more than 2 years and you both have to sit down and work it out. It is best to either move as a family, or stay together in Nigeria as a family. I dont see why she cannot further her education in Nigeria . This schooling abroad doesnt work too well when a family is involved. Schooling abroad comes with its peculiarities. Sh*it always happens. grin grin cheesy. You will need a lot of patience, trust and understanding. UK would have been a better option. One year

1 Like

Re: How Will I Cope With This? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 22, 2012
Hmmmmmm!
@All, thanks so much for your words.
We'll try our best.
Re: How Will I Cope With This? by Busybody2(f): 10:09pm On Jun 23, 2012
2mch: You will survive. 2 years goes by fast. I will advise you to arrange for a visa for you and your daughter at the same time. They should give you 2 years or more. The both of you can now decide how often you will see each other. Every 6months or 4 times a year. This is if you guys have the financial capability for such. Have you guys discussed what happens afterwards? Because i am sure she will like to work abroad for a few years after graduation. If this is the case, then you are looking at more than 2 years and you both have to sit down and work it out. It is best to either move as a family, or stay together in Nigeria as a family. I dont see why she cannot further her education in Nigeria . This schooling abroad doesnt work too well when a family is involved. Schooling abroad comes with its peculiarities. Sh*it always happens. grin grin cheesy. You will need a lot of patience, trust and understanding. UK would have been a better option. One year

Co-signed.

(1) (Reply)

The Child Hawkers Of Lagos / Please I Need Help Right Now / Uganda "Evil" Maid Responds From Prison, Begs For Forgiveness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.