Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Case closed - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Case closed (1343 Views)

nuimzt / Unsuccessful Interviews Have Started Affecting My Confidence. / How To Build Confidence When Going For An Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Case closed by olatayo1984(m): 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2012
Case closed
Re: Case closed by tobnical(m): 10:49pm On Jun 21, 2012
i dont fink its d fault of NL. its ur own fault. you shld knw how to detect a job scam.

3 Likes

Re: Case closed by Seun(m): 12:16am On Jun 22, 2012
Should we close down the job board. Can you report the advert in question?
Re: Case closed by ikee(m): 6:54am On Jun 22, 2012
I think those moderators are really trying their best but the scammers don't want to just stay off. My advice is that everyone looking for a job or searching for an opportunity should be very careful and ask meaningful questions before taking any action. Scammers are everywhere in in T.V and newspapers.
Re: Case closed by mrkels(m): 8:15am On Jun 23, 2012
Sorry bro, but by now you should know how a job scam looks like , many that tell you to send cv,s to free email domains like gmail.com yahoo.com etc, some advanced one's use paid domain names like pawa.com etc. Just know that the main type of scam in nigeria is advanced fee fraud. You give them a little something for them to give you something big in return. If I was a moderator I would not only delete those threads, but I would mark it as scam with a big red marker just like the ones we see here when moderators close threads. I mean that would be nice, and because of nairaland.com high page rank, anyone who is not a member of nairaland that google searches the job on the internet would be directed to the job page here on nairaland and at the end the person would see its a scam.
Re: Case closed by shanicemel(f): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2012
@mrkels u r very correct l hope seun can humbly adhere to ur suggestion. one love NL
Re: Case closed by Awofilip: 2:46pm On Jun 25, 2012
@olatayo, pls don't blame anyone for that, anybody can post anything here even job vacancies but its now left for you to make research for the authenticity of the info. I think we've had some testimonies tru this same channel, so pls don't blame anyone
Re: Case closed by charlyP1: 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2012
Seun: Should we close down the job board. Can you report the advert in question?
Seun I really don't think your first sentence(question)was appropriate.Nairaland by far,is one of the most popular and used to be the most reliable sites in Nigeria.This,I'm sure you achieved through years of hardwork.Don't let some die-hard scammers ruin this reputation.Get moderators,I mean online and offline moderators to authenticate any job opening or business opportunity.Best regards
Re: Case closed by egbeman1: 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
Seun: Should we close down the job board. Can you report the advert in question?

GNLD Guys has infiltrated all the job sites,not only nairaland.
U guys should give me the opportnity to work with the moderators...
I swear down,none of them wil penetrate here.I'v known all their formats,asin all.I fell once,wen I was stil starting,but not any longer.
Its annoying for job seekers to waste their tp and later see a different ting.
Pls! Am rly desperate to save fresh graduates from it.
Re: Case closed by 1forall: 3:29am On Jun 27, 2012
It is good to read some of the responses so far.

OP everything is peculiar about Nigeria. There are a number of topics on the first page offering advise and guidelines for job seekers on NL. I'm not sure u read thru, but the way things are these days demands your scrutiny over these advertised job 'vacancies'. Its an unfortunate sign of the times and we all need to be extra perceptive.

(1) (Reply)

All Today Current Nigeria Jobs Vacancies, Friday 4,october 2013 / Who Also Got This Text Message From Mgt/ow/7847 / Opportunities To Grab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.