Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland (2261 Views)

Instrumentalists Lets Meet Here. / Thread For Aspiring Instrumentalists And Vocalists / Instrumentalists And Musicians (keyboardists, Drummers, Bassist: Etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:22pm On Apr 03, 2006
Hey guys, i just wanted to knw. I'm an Intrumentalist. I play the musical instruments (for those of u that don't understand)and i'm a producer. if you're one also, Show your logo so that we culd start learning from eachother. Isnt it nice to be an instrumentalist. And hey if you're a producer also, come online because u might get a deal from here.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Z4M4eva(f): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2006
I'm just curious, what musical instrument exactly do you play? smiley
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2006
I thought nobody would ask me that, well i play the bass guitar, keyboard and the drums.
And i'm currently trying my hands on the saxophone now.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by otokx(m): 6:47pm On Apr 03, 2006
i'll play the bass and drums but am not yet perfect.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 03, 2006
@otox, Which one do u think u culd play very well when given the chance to do it on a stage.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Z4M4eva(f): 7:02pm On Apr 03, 2006
emmeno:

I thought nobody would ask me that, well i play the bass guitar, keyboard and the drums.
And i'm currently trying my hands on the saxophone now.

Oh wow! My! Like how kool is that?!

I can play the guitar, but I'm learning to play the piano.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by buckeye(m): 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2006
i used to play drums(not perfectly), but i havent played in 3 years
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Z4M4eva(f): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2006
My boyfriend plays the drums and the guitar. Unfortunately the drums ain't a 'gurl's thing'. grin
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 03, 2006
Z4M4eva:

My boyfriend plays the drums and the guitar. Unfortunately the drums ain't a 'girl's thing'. grin

Who told u drums is meant for guyz alone well visit this site www.drummerworld.com and see for urself. Go to drums solo and see alot of women doin' their thing up there. so y not take up the challenge and do something ok. kiss

Emmeno
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Z4M4eva(f): 7:46pm On Apr 03, 2006
emmeno:

Who told u drums is meant for guys alone well visit this site www.drummerworld.com and see for yourself. Go to drums solo and see alot of women doin' their thing up there. so y not take up the challenge and do something ok. kiss

Emmeno

Hehe. I thought it ain't really a 'Gurls thing'. Well I ain't really interested in the drums. But i'd give it a try and start learning to play the drums. Not! Hehe grin

But thanks for the encouragement anyway. I guess it's just not my thing. I'm quite satisfied with the guitar and piano, thank you. grin
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 03, 2006
@Z4M4eva Check this out http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Cindy_Blackman.html

I actually got her for u so that u'll knw wat i'm talking about. She just a goddess.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by smartsoft(m): 1:21am On Apr 04, 2006
Hay man,  i do play the Keyboard,Drums, Guitar, and i'm a producer too,  i lay my hands on Reason, CakeWalk, e.t.c but fruityloop sucks though many people use that, i don't really like it, it make someone lazy if you know what i mean,  Well i'm not a full Producer but i could producer some nice stuff out nice production,

Hay have you watched A musical video Called WONDER ! WONDER !!, done by Soji isreal ?? huh you will find me there playing the Lead Guitar,   on nigeria top 10 or SoundCity,
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by hotangel2(f): 5:04am On Apr 04, 2006
I play "voice" if that counts. lol,

Well im learning the Piano/keyboard or watever it's called. I w
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by otokx(m): 8:50am On Apr 04, 2006
@emmeno; it will have to be the bass though i do some drum backing up at church.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by nike4luv(f): 1:03pm On Apr 04, 2006
i use to play the key board {won a scholarship} but i developed a crush on my teacher so i stopped going! i can't read much notes but i can play a good!

play drums too because my brother plays it! not yet perfect tho, hes still teaching  smiley
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Papa(m): 2:05pm On Apr 04, 2006
Hot angel, it counts atleast for the fact that we both play that one.

Well, as a plus, I play the keyboard-what the ancients would call organ
and if you didn't have a hurried childhood you'll call it pyano.

I also play the drums and have an idea about bass guitars. I'm planning
on learning how to play the saxophone very soon and perfecting what
I'm already doing on the recorder.

but the voice remains the best hot-angel,

By the way, what's the point of the question?
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 04, 2006
@ Papa U want to knw wat the point is? Well there could be a deal for u cool Just keep the post coming.

Holla
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by otokx(m): 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2006
i like deals grin
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by doshbass(m): 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2006
I really dont have to say what I play as my name says it all, but for those of you that are very slow I dont play an instrument called dosh, I play the Bass
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2006
@doshbass Nice representing. Do u play in a club or church? or both?
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by smartsoft(m): 6:07pm On Apr 06, 2006
Clubs pay cool cash, i think i will play in one of this club one day sha !

1 Like

Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 06, 2006
smartsoft:

Clubs pay cool cash, i think i will play in one of this club one day sha !
Men na true u talk sha, churches wuld mess u up when u need them. undecided
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by doshbass(m): 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2006
emmeno:

@doshbass Nice representing. Do u play in a club or church? or both?

Thankfully by God's grace, I play at church and also for a Big Gospel Group in the UK, not really into playing at Clubs but as you may know Gospel Music is playing any style, so I could be interested in playing a Club tune but not playing in a club
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 06, 2006
Brother, i like ur spirit, thats the spirit of one that wants to learn everyday. But tell me, i heard in the UK that its very hard for u to see some churches with complete instrumentalists. that most churches r looking for one.
My cousin actually told me. He's in KICC Uk.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Oracle(m): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2006
doshbass:

so I could be interested in playing a Club tune but not playing in a club
hmmmm undecided Playing a club tune Well you're still borrowing somthing from the club
for me i only nak drum coz i don't play it
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 06, 2006
@ Oracle. Keep naking the drums but abeg drums don cost now so dont break it for that pastor.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by doshbass(m): 9:11am On Apr 07, 2006
@ emmeno.  The honest truth is that, it all depends on how well people are paying their tithes, or should i say depending on the church's purse, and also how Important a Pastors sees a Choir. Some pastors don't really care abot the Choir's performance, and thats is the mistake they are making.  A Good Choir brings more Congregation and it also uplift the spirit and wins soul.
Yes Church's are looking for Musicians because they always mess up previous musicians and bring a bad name to themselves. And in London You can't afford to be messed up for just 1 week salary not to talk of months salary

Oracle:

hmmmm undecided Playing a club tune Well you're still borrowing somthing from the club
for me i only nak drum because i don't play it

Music is Music, you can use it from anywhere to somewhere and apply it anyhow you like, if it sounds good then use it
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2006
@ doshbass, i like to knw about u. You r my kinda soldier!
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by doshbass(m): 9:15pm On Apr 07, 2006
@emmeno
No probs bro
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by damygurl(f): 9:50pm On Apr 08, 2006
i play piano. just started like 9months ago and i'm getting really good at it. i can read notes very well.
i'm taking a music technology class so i can mix stuff up. we use cakewalk and i can do stuff with both audio and MIDI. we recently did a commercial. it was aight.
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by queen2(f): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2006
I'm learning how to play Drum kit, atleast i will be done in like 4weeks if im chanced. I really love it and i promise as soon as im done, i will try and play it in church.
Am also good at Keybord.

Guitar, not that good, just learning, i will start fully as soon as im done with Drum kit
Re: Are There Instrumentalists In Nairaland by doshbass(m): 11:41pm On Apr 08, 2006
Guys from My Experience, I will always advice people to stick to just 1 instrument and be the master in it, rather than jumping from instrument to another. I only play the bass guitar fullstop. I think one of the problem we have in Nigeria is that so many people want to be the guy that can play any instrument rather than being the best at your instrument. I have come across many nigerian instrumentalist that when you tell them you like what they play, they tell you "This is not my main instrument oh"
I guess nothing is their main instrument, its always the other instrument.
It is good to know how to play another instrument, sometimes when i practise at home I play keyboard to help me move around chord changes on bass, This does not mean I now have to learn Keys to start playing it outsiide.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is A Good Box Guitar / Download The Breach - Mfactor's (peak Talent Show S3 Winner) Latest Mixtape / Download Fekky Ft. Runtown – One More Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.