Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

On The 2001 Honda Passport - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / On The 2001 Honda Passport (1340 Views)

btw naija used camry 2001,honda discussion continues and tokunbo 99 camry / RESOLVED AT LAST - Help! My Honda Passport Switches Off / 2001 Honda Passport: Is It A Good Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The 2001 Honda Passport by riofermoso(f): 10:28pm On Jun 22, 2012
SO I AM ABOUT TO BUY THE 2001 HONDA PASSPORT, HOWEVER I READ REVIEWS OF THE CAR ONLINE AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE MORE NEGETIVE THAN POSITIVES, BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CAR.

ME QUESTION NOW IS, DO YOU YOU ALL THINK ITS A GOOD BUY AND WORTH IT? IS THERE ANYONE ON HERE THAT HAS OR IS STILL USING THAT MODEL AND WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES THEY FACED WITH THE CAR

THE ONE IM ABOUT TO BUY IS A TOKS TOO.. V6

THANKS GUYS kiss
Re: On The 2001 Honda Passport by Mykellio: 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2012
riofermoso: SO I AM ABOUT TO BUY THE 2001 HONDA PASSPORT, HOWEVER I READ REVIEWS OF THE CAR ONLINE AND IT SEEMS TO HAVE MORE NEGETIVE THAN POSITIVES, BUT I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE CAR.

ME QUESTION NOW IS, DO YOU YOU ALL THINK ITS A GOOD BUY AND WORTH IT? IS THERE ANYONE ON HERE THAT HAS OR IS STILL USING THAT MODEL AND WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES THEY FACED WITH THE CAR

THE ONE IM ABOUT TO BUY IS A TOKS TOO.. V6

THANKS GUYS kiss
dear buyer, you already said yourself from the consumer reviews that the car has a poor record. then why waste precious cash on such. i am a car dealer & apart from just buying & selling i give advise to my prospective clients. for listening ears anyway. so i will treat you as such. the honda passport 2001 has another version which is the isuzu rodeo both are SUVs of same design and all. your most likely area of challenge with that car is the automatic transmission either electronically or mechanically. in one year of rigorous use you might find yourself having to replace the gear box at least once. leakage pproblems are particularly responsible for this. it is essentially a 2wd and optional 4wd auxilliary gear, so you might encounter some front-shaft problems, having to change the rubber covering regularly. also the gear-box consumes a lot of transmission fluid, whereas it has no guage or electronic meter except for the "check trans" signal showing on the dashboard which can be misleading as a result of brain box malfunction. the torque converter is also prone to damage after a few months of rigorous use. if you go to Ladipo for instance, you will find out that the nickname of the car is "check trans".

by and large, this car is relatively cheap to purchase but expensive to maintain. there are several other SUVs that you can buy. please give me a call for further consultation and possibly a way forward in practical terms. Mykellio 08032615423.
Re: On The 2001 Honda Passport by jaibang(m): 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2012
I think it is a matter of personal choice. there is no car you would google and not find negative comments about. one mans meat is always another's poison. but for me i currently use the 2001 Honda Passport jeep. i bought it in Nov last year and it has served me faithfully. my colleague in the office who bought the Isuzu rodeo version of it (1999 model) has so many sad stories to tell. i changed the transmission fluid immediately i bought it when i was servicing the car and since then, i have not changed it.
Re: On The 2001 Honda Passport by eddy42k(m): 2:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
i presently use an 01 rodeo and its been a good friend (mine is manual)

(1) (Reply)

Changing Car Seat From Leather To Fabrics / FRSC To Enforce New Drivers’ Licence, Number Plate, Aug. 1 / Do Passat 2006/2007 2.0T Or 3.6lV6 Have Available Common Parts With Other Volks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.