Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Oriaku? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oriaku? (6871 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oriaku? by AlwaysonTime: 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2012
Please to my ibgo ppl out there can someone explain the concept of oriaku?
Re: Oriaku? by AndreUweh(m): 6:45pm On Jun 23, 2012
AlwaysonTime: Please to my ibgo ppl out there can someone explain the concept of oriaku?
you mean Igbo.
Re: Oriaku? by dubem3(m): 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2012
1. its IGBO and not any other way

2. Literally, 'ORIAKU' in Igbo means 'consumer of wealth'( sorry thats the best i could find in my not too broad vocab)
its one of the most common names the Igbo man calls his wife or more like a name that has almost replaced 'wife'
it actually goes to emphasis the Igbo man's culture of loving his wife and lavishing her with all the good things of life
never mind that some times, certain conditions place some men where they would rather not be but more often that not,
even in life's little uncomfortable crevices The Igbo man loves his wife more than you are comfortable enough to believe.its
more of a culture than any other thing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Akwa Ibom State / Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture / Left Handed People: Whats So Special About Them!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.