Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,694 members, 7,823,953 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days (7231 Views)

Do You Believe In Gender Equality? If Yes/no, Why? / Do You Believe In These Superstitions? / Funny But True To Life Superstitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by michaelcipher(m): 8:04am On Dec 17, 2013
As a native of yorubaland, i was made to believe some superstitions which i got used to even while growing up.

1. Don't Sweep at night, demons would disturb u wen sleeping shocked
2. If you call snake at night u would be attacked by it
3. When u hit ur right foot on a stone while walking its goodluck while left foot is bad luck.

lots more

lets hear some from ur tradition or town grin

1 Like

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by ladionline: 11:21am On Dec 17, 2013
Mum's religious credo is like 'superstition', maybe psychic. One night, the pot fell and got dented, in the morning, mum said the dead relatives had visited the family. They were angry because no left-over food was in the pot. (I am the culprit, I ate everything in the pot night before the incident! What will they do to me when next they visit us?). I was confonded. One day, mum and dad out, till morrow. As night draw nigh, I remember them dead relations visiting. Then all the M.J. Thriller blues kept coming back to me at bedtime. It was my 'nite of terror' If I sleep, nightmare. If I open my eyes, horor shapes form in the dark. I don't know where I was, and I was fear-stricken on and on like that. I kept tucking myself under sheet under the bed, terrified at any sound till daybreak! It was the longest terrrifying night of my childhood life. Oh, thank God I'm grown-up now. sad

5 Likes

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by BarnabasCo: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
This made frontpage..
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Galadimabawa: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
Same me too, but I didn't believe in some of them
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dont look at mirrors at night.
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by christejames(m): 1:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
When ur hand dey scratch you, na money dey come ur way ooo!!! ...i still dey wait for the money ooo undecided

2 Likes

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Barnabas_Co: This made frontpage..
Is this a question?
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Big4wig(m): 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Barnabas_Co: This made frontpage..
oboy even if they create dis thread 100x,it will make fp..funny mods i tell u

pls guys don’t start an argument with a girl because they all have 45030194 GB memories and will bring up something you did at 14:27PM on 23/04/2008

#BIGWIG.

1 Like

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Darammliveth(m): 1:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
If you propound that u wnt to had twin baby it will b d opposite
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by tbagjames(m): 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
1. Fetch a well at night and u will have nightmares
2. Dont whistle at night,it attract snakes
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
Darammliveth: If you propound that u wnt to had twin baby it will b d opposite

does the reverse apply too?

want to "had"?? Guy i'm at work na. Can't be laughing anyhow

2 Likes

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by BarryX(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
undecidedYouthful days
Aint most of us in our youthful days ?

2 Likes

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Ayowumie(m): 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Don't walk through the passage ('ede' in Yoruba) with a bucket of water on your head. It signifies bad omen.

I no longer believe it though.
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by MrAladin: 1:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dnt whistle at Night if U do you are inviting snakes.

If Ur Food falls on the ground dnt pick it the devil has tasted it.

2 Likes

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by fingard02k(m): 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
dont enter NAIRALAND from 2am-4am cus....(sorry low battery am coming lemme charge it)

1 Like

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
isnt this a re-recycled thread? Well in any case,i was made to believe if a lizard sees your fallen tooth,it wont grow again. And whenever you did somehing awful,pluck a eyelash and put it on your head,your parent would forget to beat you. Tried that,ehen! it was then i was even flogged more by mumsy.

2 Likes

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by eluquenson(m): 1:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Don't kill a duck with the eyes wide open, or else it will turn to snake.
And when you deliver a baby, don't cover your baby with a yellow shawl, it will cause Jaundice cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Sknda(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
A wonderful daily morning devotional for You. www.gospelshower..com
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by kayojosephy(m): 1:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
U must not make whistling sound at night to prevent snake visiting...u must throw ur removed teeth away together wid stones according to ur age nd must not be seen by lizards or else it won't grow again....all birds dat cry at night are witches going for dia meeting....u must not peel melon seeds too early in d morning and u must not leave the peeled shells outside overnyt or else evil spirits will visit....u must not pound a pestle on an empty mortar and d one dat still baffles me till date is children must not drink coconut water and for me dat is d surest,purest,and most natural water dat no man knows the source of how it got there......many more which i believe odas will share....
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by michaelcipher(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
Can believe i made front page............ grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wow!!!!
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by kstyle2(m): 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2013
I do not know if this counts as superstition but I ues 2 believe that chicks don't fart and shiiiit...until 1 day wen I went 2 a friend's house...so I wntd 2 use d loo.his cute elderly sis had just come out.....o boy wetin I perceive...d toilet just dey smell like dead horse and 3 dayz spoilt beans angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by suzyluv(f): 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Don't leave the pill of melon outside till the next day or else witches will use it as a traveling objects
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by michaelcipher(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dis really got me severally have fallen a victim of this believe .
Mr. Aladin:
Dnt whistle at Night if U do you are inviting snakes.

If Ur Food falls on the ground dnt pick it the devil has tasted it.
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Thankgod15: 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
blood money tynx
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by eluquenson(m): 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
michaelcipher: Can believe i made front page............ grin grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Wow!!!!

So how does that affect the price of garri undecided
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Lilimax(f): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
How did this get to the front page
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by haibe(m): 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
I was told when any of my stuff falls down that I shouldn't pick it up again, why? they said Satan owns it already.

Omo I broke this rule when hungry catch me for boarding school oo, chei I will never forget that day in command sec school.
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by haibe(m): 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Lilimax: How did this get to the front page

Excuse me what kind of reply are u expecting now
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by donphilopus: 1:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Maybe, through the back door!
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2013

Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by IAMBREEZY: 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
And so?why do you wanna know.
Re: Share Superstitions We Were Made To Believe In Our Youthful Days by Vicjay1(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
You dnt eat without meat. cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ayelala Is A Benin Worship Dont Mind The Yorubas For Claiming It / How Does Carrot Oil Make You Tan? / What Is The Meaning Of Utunu?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.