Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,339 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi (1241 Views)

Between The 2008/09 Toyota Camry (muscle) And 2008/09 Honda Accord (evil Spirit) / Quiz: Which Is Safer, 1988 Peugeot 505 GLX Or 1988 Toyota Corolla FX? / Advice Needed On 2005 Audi A6 S-line 4.2 Quattro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi by pafestula(m): 8:25am On Jun 24, 2012
I'm one of the best German machine users, presently am using C Class 2001 model 6 cylinders. Which is reliable and I can say much abt it! But am still planning to get either 2005 passat GLX or 2008 fsi passat...Pls any issues ahead of dis cars? The gear box, brain box etc pls yr loyal advise are highly welcome pls good fellaz on Nairaland....Thanks [color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi by pafestula(m): 3:54pm On Jun 24, 2012
na beg I dey so...I need advise pls people of nairaland
Re: Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi by pafestula(m): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2012
I'm still seriously waiting... Or because is not japaness car?
Re: Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi by automaticcars: 5:58am On Jun 25, 2012
pafestula: I'm still seriously waiting... Or because is not japaness car?

The volkswagen passat glx and glx 4-Motion models come with 2.8 v6 engines while the fsi have 2.0 v6 engines. 2.8 v6 engines are stronger, more powerful and better .

According to edmond automotive review on fsi, most fsi users complain the engine misfires when driven in hot weather while there have been no complain of such with the GLX models.

The fsi model have a better and elegant interior with well designed leather seats, while the glx was made to be the most elegant of the three passat model that were made from 2001-2006 namely Gls, TDI and GL.

The fsi models have been widely known to develop transmission and timing-belt problems when the car milage gets to around 70,000 miles and beyond.

Most users who use glx are more satisfied with glx while fsi users are not. Most users of GLX models who bought the car brand new are still driving it today, while most users of fsi models who bought theirs are either having it in their garage or in and out of the mechanic workshops.

I don't think Nigerian mechanic are well equiped to manage the fsi engine as complicated it is when you compare it to how some of Nigerian mechanics struggles with glx engines.

The GLX models have parts available at Itire Volkswagen auto parts market, while the fsi are new in the market and fsi models are not been made anymore by volkswagen.

I will advise you to google the Fsi and GLX models yourself and determine which one is best for you. But based on what I know, I know which one I will go for.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi by pafestula(m): 5:24am On Jun 26, 2012
Thank u very much sir for this wondeful contribution sir! I'm so greatful for yr ellucidations. Now I knw who loves me on Nairaland... Sir to back you up with yr points abt d fsi.. Av seen abt 6 places here in Abuja here whereby clean used fsi re place for sale! I began to wonder why people re putting forsale... But GLX still zoom around and av not seen such on GLX, only on TDI I saw forsale... Thank God av not made d mistake...a friend brought fsi 2008 model for me at work last friday..very clean used...he asked me to pay 1.6million...because he heard it am abt buying passat! Thank u for saving me sir!
Re: Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi by automaticcars: 6:50am On Jun 26, 2012
pafestula: Thank u very much sir for this wondeful contribution sir! I'm so greatful for yr ellucidations. Now I knw who loves me on Nairaland... Sir to back you up with yr points abt d fsi.. Av seen abt 6 places here in Abuja here whereby clean used fsi re place for sale! I began to wonder why people re putting forsale... But GLX still zoom around and av not seen such on GLX, only on TDI I saw forsale... Thank God av not made d mistake...a friend brought fsi 2008 model for me at work last friday..very clean used...he asked me to pay 1.6million...because he heard it am abt buying passat! Thank u for saving me sir!

The Volkswagen company rarely make mistake when they bring new models, but they made mistake making the paasat fsi and passat w8. Volkswagen has finally stopped making the fsi and w8. It was a big bluder on their part. Those who have bought fsi are mostly regretting buying it.

I hope you don't make mistake buying the fsi model.
Re: Pls I Need Advice From Volkswagen Experts On 2005 Glx And 2008 Passat fsi by pafestula(m): 8:17am On Jun 26, 2012
I dont knw why Volkswagen made such mistakes... Like Bora now they re no more because of their transmission problem, now look at this fsi of a thing also... Can we called this Excessive technology or technology abuse lol

(1) (Reply)

Help!!passat 2003 Model Gear Box Auto Problems / Suzuki Alto 800 / I Need HELP With My BMW 7series!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.