Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,493 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? (28803 Views)

My Land Is 60 X 75: Let's Build This Together (location Is Inyana Ipaja- Lagos) / Buy My Land In Kuje Abuja@ngn800k Now! / Somebody Is Claiming My Land. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by wisyno(m): 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2007
Land Test For Crude Oil Deposite

NAIRALANDERS, Please I really need serious advice here. my dad has this big piece of land in the village in Delta state. of late I  have been having this strong feelings that there is oil deposite in the land and my instincts hardly fail me. I need to know how to go about seismic test on the land and what it will cost. what companies can I contact? looking forward to sound advices
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by Christino(m): 4:54pm On Nov 28, 2007
Guy cheesy,

Don't even try it, the land will be taken away from you because crude oil belongs to the Government. grin

Lest I forget, you could be arrested for oil . . . erm. erm. . . nvm, but please don't go there.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by oziomatv(m): 4:56pm On Nov 28, 2007
you have to tell us where your village is before we consider your dreams. you will not come from sokoto and expect crude oil then people from rivers will expect what? healthy cows??
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by damoche07(m): 5:25pm On Nov 28, 2007
embarassed undecided
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by ow11(m): 5:57pm On Nov 28, 2007
@poster

the only way to test ur land for oil is to shoot seismic. This you cannot afford and just naming the locality doesnt necessarily mean oil can be found. The seismic will definately tell you if there are structures capable of holding oil. even if there is oil seeping to the surface of your land doesn't in itself make it a viable option to drill.

Try to find other minerals in your land. Like gold, sulphites or barites. they have strong economic value and are cheaper to prospect for.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by dafman(m): 6:02pm On Nov 28, 2007
wisyno:

Land Test For Crude Oil Deposit

NAIRALANDERS, Please I really need serious advice here. my dad has this big piece of land in the village. of late i have been having this strong feelings that there is oil deposite in the land and my instincts hardly fail me. i need to know how to go about test on the land and what it will cost. looking forward to sound advices

dude, I know a barrel of oil is about $100 right now, I can see where the instincts are coming from.

1 Like

Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by tinkerbery(f): 6:10pm On Nov 28, 2007
cheesy cheesy cheesy some one sang a song, and it goes, dreeeeeammmmmmmmm, dream, dream dreammmm grin grin you dont need answers from us you have the world wide web at your disposal, better shut ur traps and go do some reading on ur own,  we have alot on our minds, speaking for myself. and let not any 'he who cant be called' like in Harry Potter smileyknow the location of ur papa's land, crude oil or no crude , wands would be thrown at you. and finally  angry  if i where ur papa, i would smack the shit out of ur butts for not taking to your books grin.bbbbutttttt shit happens. advice?www.google.com as of the last time i checked, the have alot of infors on virtually anything u want tto know. best wishes, no hard feelings.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by niyyie(m): 6:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
grin grin grin You need the help of petroleum engineers. I don't think you can tell with absolute certainty, whether there is oil in your dad's land or not.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 28, 2007
@poster
I got a drill, can we use it grin
But what about ND militants, i fear for my head oooooo grin grin
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by mahal(m): 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2007
my guy, just dig, dont let anyone carry out any test for you, use a shovel, spoon, ur hand etc., have the billions you would make at the back of you mind as you dig, by the time you get to 4500feet you may hit the oil. go ahead with this suggestion, i believe it would work. pls dont forget me when you join the likes of SHELL, Chevron Exxon etc.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by naijacutee(f): 9:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
Hmm. . . That's my brothers job. He works with a company which tests the soil for the presence of oil etc. Where is this piece of land located?
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by Robotnik: 10:40pm On Nov 28, 2007
Yep you said you are looking for oil aight, there are instruments invented by the whiteman to dig oil.one is the spade or shovel don't know if you've seen one just continue digging when ur Mustache begin to grow grey oil will spill out , lol rotfl grin grin grin
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by LiquidMind(m): 12:32am On Nov 29, 2007
Ok,  Let me see if this can help,

The way i usually see how the engineers at SHELL  do it is, 
they will first dig a hole on the land  about 150 meter deep, and load a massive amount of dynamite inside,
And also they have special Cameras that will capture the explosion with the soil samples immediately the dynamites goes off,   

This is how i have seen SHELL check  land to see if there is crud,

I GUESS THIS SOLUTION WILL HELP
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by omoge(f): 1:45am On Nov 29, 2007
tinkerbery,

that's the Everly brothers my oyinbo friend told me. she gave me cd for the song so lovely and touching grin google the Everly Brothers and the song is there smiley. it's an old song i think

Poster, it is good to dream. Who wouldn't want to be rich grin? abeg contact any oil firm in PH grin. i will give you my number cheesy to keep grin
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by adexfem(m): 7:34am On Nov 29, 2007
Poster, It is possible to get oil on your land so far its located within the Niger Delta Basin.The cost of carrying out seismic survey is very high, you can't afford it.The only alternative is to contact an oil firm which will carry out thorough research before embarking on any major survey.
Guy if the oil is real, your family don't hit am be that ooo. grin
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by chikibaybi(f): 8:16am On Nov 29, 2007
Dear, drop ur dream and go and work
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by tinkerbery(f): 9:42am On Nov 29, 2007
Thanks Omoge,  i wud look them up, and for liquidmind,  did you just post 150m shocked ? mennnn!!! that is like having 5 storey building below sea level,  Poster shocked are still there? do you really want to wreck ur Papa's hard earned money for something that needs tsunami kind of disaster? Ok! lets put it this way, buy another land for ur Papa with same size and buy that land from him angry dont think of inheriting it man. smiley , then you go call up shell with loads of dianamite, that can cause niger militants No cool go call niger militants to come do the blowing up grin the sure wouldnt mind causing harvoc without pay  grin but be ready to share 50 - 50.  grin and i want to think there are better options than blowing up, on a serious note.take to the books,  Sorry, am too busy to do any reading wink  and honey poster! hope you ve not being hallucinating barrels of crude oil of late?  cheesy just wanted to know.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by obua: 9:58am On Nov 29, 2007
What gives you the impression that the land is oil bearing. Oil is located thousands of feet below ground level. Any sippage will be from other sources .
For now based on current legislations, all land belongs to the goverment. In future that will change, so hold on with your dreams for now.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by doyin13(m): 11:30am On Nov 29, 2007
taste the soil. . . cheesy grin
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by idupaul: 11:58am On Nov 29, 2007
Guy, its clear u kknow nothing about hw thigs work here on earth, u even imagine that there is an oil reserve under ur oldmans plot of land. Man some of these oil deposits are trapped in spaces that span hundred of kilometres(may be the size of ten of ur oldmans community.) Men oil reserves belong to the federal govt (nt even ur gov has any business on that turf, BOTTOMLINE whether its there or not its none of ur business,
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by Egavlas(m): 12:03pm On Nov 29, 2007
Guys , dont be too harsh on the poster.

We need such posts on nairaland for comic relief.  grin

Imagine looking here at around midday after  being frustrated by some peeps and seeing this topic?  grin grin

Instant relief.

so please lets not scare ppl with such questions away by being too harsh.

add some petting with the smacking  wink
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by knotty(m): 3:44pm On Nov 29, 2007
walk up to the middle of the land,
pour libation to the spirit of your ancestors,
pour 1 bottle of Gulder to the spirit of Iger Delta boys,
pour one bottle of Fanta to the spirit of Niger Detla infants,

go home

come back one week.

this time come with 200 trucks of trailers.
you can start exporting crude oil.

if na lie, make my obj become president again.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by ifyalways(f): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
use the back of your tongue to taste the soil.
if its salty---------silver
if its sugary---------gold
if its sour-----------------coal.
it its bitter-------------throw a party.its oil
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by seun001(m): 7:16pm On Nov 29, 2007
ifyalways:

use the back of your tongue to taste the soil.
if its salty---------silver
if its sugary---------gold
if its sour-----------------coal.
it its bitter-------------throw a party.its oil

my! oh my!are u sure u are not one of his ancestors back to show him the way shocked
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by anusule(m): 7:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
@poster,
dont let all these nairaland people stop your dream abi na instincts ,

do whatever you can do now before it expires,

my advice is for you to taste the soil, as doyin13 also suggested.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by rafcrown(m): 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2007
hi
STEP 1 FENCE IT ROUND
STEP 2 CALL MOLAS-LABOURERS- WELL DIGGERS
STEP 3 PLAY KANGA MUSIC WHEN THEY ARE BUSY
STEP 4 LET THEM DIG AND DIG AND DIG
STEP 5 IF THE WATER IS STRANGE THEN THERE MAY BE $$$$$$$$$
STEP6 OIL BUNKEERING -ILLEGAL WITH FENCE ROUND IT LATER U CALL GOVT IN
STEP 7 NEGOTIATE WELL WITH ORGANS OF GOV,
BEST OF LUCK
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by uspry1(f): 12:16am On Nov 30, 2007
what it looks like a crude oil drilling on land?

Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by FemiATL: 5:32am On Nov 30, 2007
People-------all he wants to do is test------he did not say he wanted to drill-------abi wisyno back me up oh------so that they will not think we are both crazy.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by goodboybad(m): 8:24am On Nov 30, 2007
Somebody really needs to smack the senses into your skull
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by Sonye(f): 9:51am On Nov 30, 2007
This is too much information being told. It could be dangerous oh
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by SignorZax: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2007
That was hilarious, abi crudeoilious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Men, the tears are still running, Am all ova laffing and every is thinking somthing's wrong with me.

Gash!!!!!!!! what a flurry of advices. Please pick at least one for your own good. I wish you luck wit ya prospecting.
Re: How To Test My Land For Crude Oil? by question(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2007
Land Test For Crude Oil Deposite

NAIRALANDERS, Please I really need serious advice here. my dad has this big piece of land in the village in Delta state. of late I have been having this strong feelings that there is oil deposite in the land and my instincts hardly fail me. I need to know how to go about seismic test on the land and what it will cost. what companies can I contact? looking forward to sound advices

Your instincts hardly fail you abi?

I guess your mind and instincts are filled with crazy fantasies.
The piece of land should be somewhere deep in the Atlantic Ocean. Thats the only unexplored region in Niger Delta.
You can sell the land to shell or Mobil before Nigeria government sells it before you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Building A House From Scratch Or Buying One? / Why Do Landlords Refuse To Rent Rooms To Single Women In Nigeria?? / Top 5 Best Places To Live In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.