Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,879 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Big Chop..... - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Big Chop..... (2159 Views)

No More Embarrasing "Chop Chop" Front Hair, This Is How(with Pics) / Get Rid Of Your Chop Chop Front Hair In 5 Minutes / Woman Chop Of Her Feet Just To Wear Heels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Chop..... by Naturalluv(f): 10:59am On Jun 24, 2012
Has anyone gone the natural route and done the big chop[cut your hair]. How are you maintaining/ managing your hair. Do you feel like it is growing better now?

I did the big chop 6 months ago and i still don't know if i did the right thing. My hair is so stubborn and people keep telling me to do something with it when they see me, so i guess its that bad. I don't really miss relaxers because i'm liking my natural texture and its fullness but i just cant get my hair to look how i want it and it has not grown much which is annoying.
Re: Big Chop..... by AdeniyiA(m): 10:30am On Jun 25, 2012
[quote author=Naturalluv]Has anyone gone the natural route and done the big chop. How are you maintaining/ managing your hair. Do you feel like it is growing better now?I did the big chop 6 months ago.My hair is so stubborn and people keep telling me to do something with it when they see me, so i guess its that bad. I don't really miss relaxers because i'm liking my natural texture and its fullness but i just cant get my hair to look how i want it and it.
... solutn? maybe u shu get a low cut
Re: Big Chop..... by Naturalluv(f): 6:55am On Jun 26, 2012
I have actually cut my hair. I just want to grow it out without chemicals.
Re: Big Chop..... by AdeniyiA(m): 10:39am On Jun 26, 2012
i like ur natural sense. i luv ladies bn natural not d electroplated n patched up ones who tamper wt their natural settings.keepitup
Re: Big Chop..... by Agnesqueen(f): 11:05am On Jun 28, 2012
I have always wanted to get the big chop but was afraid of what it will turn out to be. We good tough hair, lol that is why lil wayne rapped about it because its true. Its hard to grow my hair now too so i am scared of how it will look if i grew it naturally. A few of my natural friends like it but they wished that they put more thought on what their game plan would be if they did not work out. I know shea butter works for just about every one. Castor oil will help make your hair fuller, rosemary for shine and calming, olive oil for shine and etcetera. Oils are pretty much your best friend.I hope that helped a bit. You won't really get much reply on this section because its a lot slower than the other ones.
Re: Big Chop..... by Naturalluv(f): 6:50am On Jul 04, 2012
@Agnesqueen thank you. I know i figured it since no one really replied.
Re: Big Chop..... by XtremeBase(f): 1:21pm On Jul 05, 2012
I am not natural, i am relaxed, my hair was 16'' as at last month, but its not full. So intend to do a big chop and give myself 2 years to grow it out.
-Do you shampoo often, if you do. It could be killing your hair. You should co wash and shampoo just once in a while.
-Do you get a trim*cant believe i am giving this advice, like i have gotten on recently* You should, but just snip little of the split ends.
-Do you do protective styling, i.e braiding you hair, fixing weaves etc. If you don't you need to, dont let pple fool you into saying you dont, ur hair should be natural and all. Our hair need protective styling, its their way of resting and growing.
-Do you clog your hair with oil and pomade all the time, you should, forget all those miracle creams, they dont make hair grow, * i cant believe i am giving this advice, seeing i dont even moisturise my scalp* if you want to moisturise, use shea butter, ori. Heard castor oil is amazing, cold pressed.
-Do you straighten your hair all the time? If you do, reduce it to once or twice a week, kills your hair.
-Deep condition by putting conditioner on your hair, put on a shower cap, enter a dryer or sleep with ur shower cap overnight.
-On your hair, i believe you should use leave in conditioner instead of creams or oils, those should be reserved for your scalp.
- Pls always sleep with a scarf. If i remember anymore wld post and yeah vitamins, so i heard.

I wish i follow any of these rules but i dont. When i get the strength for the big chop, this wld be my regimen. I have long hair but its limp, the result of years of not taking care of it.
Pls hair does grow, you just need to know how to pamper black hair, it has the same growth rate as white pple, just a little less than asians. I am looking at 22'' of hair in 2- 3 years. Yes its possible.
Re: Big Chop..... by Naturalluv(f): 8:26am On Jul 15, 2012
@xtremebase thank you for your perspective on the big chop. Your advice is very helpful. I don't know what ori is but i do try and use Shea butter and castor oil, rosemary oil, olive oil and all those but apparently they might be doing more harm than good.I'll try and follow your proposed regime and see if i see the difference i desperately want.
Re: Big Chop..... by XtremeBase(f): 8:40pm On Jul 15, 2012
Naturalluv: @xtremebase thank you for your perspective on the big chop. Your advice is very helpful. I don't know what ori is but i do try and use Shea butter and castor oil, rosemary oil, olive oil and all those but apparently they might be doing more harm than good.I'll try and follow your proposed regime and see if i see the different i desperately want.

You're welcome Natluv, ori means shea butter in my language. I have been doing some serious research on hair growth and i came across the black tea rinse, it instantly stops shedding. If shedding can be combated one tends to retain full hair. You should do a research on it as well.

(1) (Reply)

Things To Note When Setting Up Your Own Fashion House. / How To Choose And Wear Flared Skirt / To All My Beautiful Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.