Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,783 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa (3391 Views)

More Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused / A Nigerian Died Because A Racist Malaysian Hospital Refused Him Treatment(Video) / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by suze(f): 5:18pm On Nov 28, 2007
I had an uncle that was a bank manager, he applied for u.s visa and they refused him despite the fact that he had all his paper and enough finance to support him
Reason they gave: He wasnt qualified.

U.S embassy people can be very funny, its like they use psychology at times to give visa. Whereas there is this aunt of mine that applied for the same u.s visa and she was given despite the fact that she didnt even have any statement of account to show them .When they asked her for her statement of account, she said she simply said didnt have and again, The invitation letter she showed them was even expired! But they gave her a 2 years multiple visa!

There was a family friend of mine that wanted to travel to the u.k about 4 years ago. He got married to a lady who was a british citizen her n nigeria but they still refused him
Reason they gave was that the lady he married is not financially bouyany enough to support him

Do you know of any reasons u or people u know have been refused visa? Pl s share it with us and lets all learn from it.
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by K2: 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2007
A lot of folks have given up and attributed the Visa debacle to luck. That might not be too far from the truth.
I knew one that about 10 years ago was refused a US visa but was granted this year.
Another scenario, this time it was a British Visa. The consular just said I just don't want to give you. Gbam,
There the was the case of a friend who went to the US embassy and the lady said, "I know you will not come back but I'm going to give you anyway". The guy had nothing as per ties whatsoever.
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by almondjoy(f): 9:01pm On Nov 28, 2007
419! 419! 419!

HIV! HIV! HIV!
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by suze(f): 9:14am On Nov 29, 2007
almondjoy:

419! 419! 419!

HIV! HIV! HIV!

As in?
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by suze(f): 9:23am On Nov 29, 2007
I have a relative that applied for u.k visa. During the interview when they asked her if she was planning on staying back in the u.k and not coming back. She replied "God forbid" and even did the god forbid sign as in she snapped her fingers around her head.

The interviewer was like " what d heck! God forbid?!" and refused her instantly
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by celestine7(m): 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2007
Hi,there are so many reasons why they deny people visa,most especially uk.Well,the common reason is caused by applicants themselves because the way some people fill the application form is enough reason for the ECO to deny them.If anyone want to make an application,it's always good to seek advice before anything,and thanks to seun,it's free of charge on nairaland,you can express urself and get feedback from people.Another reason why they deny applications is the way it's been packaged.Some applicant do not know the requirement,and even if they do they don't know package it.There is just one thing about the ECOs that makes me get angry,atimes they won't have any good reason for denying someone.Some months ago,i met a man,he's the PA to Gov Gbenga Daniel.the daughter was denied,i tell u the reason isn't good enough.Roughly a month ago,i met a woman,she's a magistrate to be presice,she was denied as well,and the only reason they gave her was that she forged her O level result.The woman was so hurt,she took it as an insult on her personality.so,one just av to be careful about it.
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by anusule(m): 5:37pm On Nov 29, 2007
i think the interviewers do the 'refusing' and 'giving' thing at their own discretion. undecided , because I 'think' what they do is,,in a full day like monday, out of everybody that is interviewed for visa, half is given, half is not. hope it makes sense undecided
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by almondjoy(f): 6:49pm On Nov 29, 2007
suze:

As in?

Bogus documents full of lies!--Fake financial and marital records!--Even the people going for the interviews cannot explain their own lies and end up looking stupid in front of the consular officer.

Failure to pass physical exams--HIV!--Many have failed--But will never tell you the truth!
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 29, 2007
suze:

I have a relative that applied for u.k visa. During the interview when they asked her if she was planning on staying back in the u.k and not coming back. She replied "God forbid" and even did the god forbid sign as in she snapped her fingers around her head.

The interviewer was like " what d heck! God forbid?!" and refused her instantly

chei,I go die o!!!!!!
at least she didn't TUFIAiKWA!!!!!!!!
Nigerians and drama
why couldn't she just say no

@ the poster,the embassies have a certain number of immigrants and visitors allowed in yearly.
They have to come up with excuses to turn so many down.
I have a cousin whose parents had found him a school in the USA,paid in full for the semester,the family has a private primary and secondary school for over 20 years and money is not the problem.
Can you believe he was turned down the reason being that the course he was going to do at Virginia Tech could be done at Yaba Tech or any universities in Nigeria.
These are children who have been vacationing all over the world since they were in the womb.
Re: Various Reasons They've Refused People U Know Visa by Dantecmu(m): 7:15am On Dec 01, 2007
Have being to the US embassy and its quite Technical from my perspective anyway, If you truly do have a reason to travel as in a reason to visit the US say for a conference or seminar or something that ain't obtainable in anyother part of the world then they should give you. But if you wanna go for vacation and your single with a Nigerian PASSPORT then your chances are quite slim. Now the last time i went to the US embassy A shell Director was denied she wanted to go visiting, a commissioner in of our own Niger delta was denied, its complicated i guess and more of spiritual.

For the British embassy Nigerians give them reasons to deny them some pple just don't know anything can u imagine somebody telling the British embassy that MY AUNT JUST GAVE BIRTH SO AM GOING TO TAKE KARE OF HER BABY and she was applying for a visiting visa when babysitting in the UK is a form of employment she should have applied for a visa that would allow her work. So we cause it ourselves and pple would never tell you the truth on why they where denied i used to have a friend at the British embassy he told me don't trust all this pple when they say they where innocently denied cause you don't know the jargon's they write on there forms.

(1) (Reply)

Traveling To Naija: Any Tips On Public Transportation From Murtala M. Airport? / Nigerians In Lome / IBADAN CITY : Running Splash Of Rust And Gold.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.