Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Problm With Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Problm With Joomla (569 Views)

Urgent Help Needed With Joomla Database Transfer To Webserver / Please Help, I Want To Build A Secondary School Website With Joomla / Integrating Interswitch's Webpay With Joomla's Virtuemart(shopping Cart) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problm With Joomla by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 24, 2012
i just installed joomla on my server and i need to know how create a complete page from the scratch.
How do i get extensions and module free to start.
Can i edit my own tmpl in dreamweaver and use it on a joomla site.
They whole issue got me thinking whether to leave CMS and use other methods of publishing
Re: Problm With Joomla by yawatide(f): 6:36pm On Jun 24, 2012
CMS is for sites that are updated on a regular basis, by (preferably) non-techie folks. If whatever site you want to work on doesn't meet this key criteria, I am afraid what you will be doing is akin to using a sledgehammer to kill a fly...literally.

The way I learned to use Joomla was:
1) Download the joomla manual at joomla.org
2) Install the default template
3) Look at the code in the template, modify it, see what it does and modify again, till i get it to do what i want it to do

Yes, you can use whatever text editor of your choice to modify your joomla templates.

good luck!
Re: Problm With Joomla by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
^^^Also search the web for "How to create a joomla template tutorial". I am too bored to start that tutorial. And please this does not classify as a problem, you need to expand your knowlege, plain and simple. I do custom drupal and joomla templates (and wordpress too but to a limited extent), i learnt how to do this by reading developer articles and tutorials online.
Re: Problm With Joomla by PtBlank: 8:05am On Jun 25, 2012
dclokz: i just installed joomla on my server and i need to know how create a complete page from the scratch.
How do i get extensions and module free to start.
Can i edit my own tmpl in dreamweaver and use it on a joomla site.
They whole issue got me thinking whether to leave CMS and use other methods of publishing

Joomla has over 8000 modules & plug ins. You can download some of them for free while some others are available at not-too-expensive prices.

For your templates, you can try themza.com but bear in mind that hundreds of thousands of users are also downloading these templates, so you'll have to tweak to make it original. Personally, I use Artisteer Generator to design my templates from scratch to ensure originality.

All da best
Re: Problm With Joomla by mrperfect(m): 9:59pm On Jun 25, 2012
Follow things one by one with a time you will be perfect.

(1) (Reply)

Google Adsense Earnings On Hold / Make More Money With This Opportunity Now. / Learn How To Design Powerful Website With JOOMLA For FREE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.