Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:52 AM

Using Of The Hijab. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Using Of The Hijab. (829 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / A Non-muslimah's Experience Under The Hijab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Of The Hijab. by rukem(f): 4:01pm On Jun 24, 2012
good evening peeps,i am a Muslim lady and from childhood we were not brought up to use the Hijab or cover our hair and i feel to be loved by Allah, and also to marry a fellow Muslim,i need to use the Hijab or cover my hair and using it seems to be difficult for me.plz i need ur opinion about usn of the Hijab.as a female and especially the males whats ur opinion about ladies dat cover their head and those that do not because there is a saying that the Hijab depicts modesty.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by LagosShia: 4:31pm On Jun 24, 2012
rukem: good evening peeps,i am a Muslim lady and from childhood we were not brought up to use the Hijab or cover our hair and i feel to be loved by Allah, and also to marry a fellow Muslim,i need to use the Hijab or cover my hair and using it seems to be difficult for me.plz i need ur opinion about usn of the Hijab.as a female and especially the males whats ur opinion about ladies dat cover their head and those that do not because there is a saying that the Hijab depicts modesty.

try and develop the habit of putting hijab on especially when leaving your house.you'd get used to it.

there is nothing to think for me about hijab except if it comes to a matter of debating its effect and objectives with non-muslims.i am a Muslim and i believe Muslim women should abide by the limit Islam have offered for women to dress.simply put,i believe Muslim women should use hijab.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by maclatunji: 6:03pm On Jun 24, 2012
rukem: good evening peeps,i am a Muslim lady and from childhood we were not brought up to use the Hijab or cover our hair and i feel to be loved by Allah, and also to marry a fellow Muslim,i need to use the Hijab or cover my hair and using it seems to be difficult for me.plz i need ur opinion about usn of the Hijab.as a female and especially the males whats ur opinion about ladies dat cover their head and those that do not because there is a saying that the Hijab depicts modesty.

I don't have a particular or universal opinion of Muslim ladies that use Hijab, just as I don't have a universal opinion of women that don't use Hijab. Your personality and ability will speak for you, there are outstanding women who use Hijab, just as there are average women who use it. Are you thinking that a "refined" gentleman may not consider you for marriage because of Hijab? That shouldn't hold sway in your mind, for Hijab is meant to serve Allah, every other thing is secondary.

Don't worry,your "Knight-in-shinning -armour" will not miss you Insha Allah. grin
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by rukem(f): 10:27pm On Jun 24, 2012
@maclatunji and lagosShia,thanks for your opinion,i really appreciate it and may ALLAh reward u abundantly.thanks once again

1 Like

Re: Using Of The Hijab. by radar5(m): 9:52am On Jun 25, 2012
One may stumble when he begins to learn,afterward one becomes master.Apart from the fact that it shows modesty,won't you be happy to follow the command of your Creator? Learn to wear it and your status shall be enhanced.
As the hijab means piety,make sure your mind is pious.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by maclatunji: 12:18pm On Jun 25, 2012
^I think you mean hijab implies piety not that it means it. That would be a very narrow definition.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by radar5(m): 10:14am On Jul 15, 2012
maclatunji: ^I think you mean hijab implies piety not that it means it. That would be a very narrow definition.
Yeah,using hijab means you follow one of Allah injunctions,people see you as pious.hijab unlike some velvet blinds is not meant for decoration.Just know that using it with warped morals is a great desecration.People see you as an Islamic flagbearer.You see what I mean.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 15, 2012
maclatunji:

Are you thinking that a "refined" gentleman may not consider you for marriage because of Hijab?
I also noticed this. The modernized, western, coat-wearing dudes tend to avoid hijab girls.
Literally avoid them.
Some of them don't even speak to hijab girls AT ALL.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by maclatunji: 5:46pm On Jul 15, 2012
fellis:
I also noticed this. The modernized, western, coat-wearing dudes tend to avoid hijab girls.
Literally avoid them.
Some of them don't even speak to hijab girls AT ALL.

It depends on how the girls in hijab comport themselves. There has to be more to you than "Hey everybody, I am in hijab". What effect do you have on your environment? Stuff like that will attract people's attention to you, hijab will not be an excuse.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2012
Lol mac, they just fear the appearance of hijab it doesn't matter how the girls comport themselves.
One of such Muslim men said in an Islamic programme that the way they look scared him out of even talking to them. Some non-muslims also fear them like that; I mean to the point of giving physical distance between them and hijab girls. One hijab woman was talking to me and some girls and she said during her early years in the University, people used to avoid her seat in class. If she sat on a particular row, all the other members of the class avoided all the seats on that row. Those were people that didn't know her at all, didn't know anything about her behaviour.
Sad.
Most times I feel so sorry for hijabites.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by maclatunji: 7:00pm On Jul 15, 2012
fellis: Lol mac, they just fear the appearance of hijab it doesn't matter how the girls comport themselves.
One of such Muslim men said in an Islamic programme that the way they look scared him out of even talking to them. Some non-muslims also fear them like that; I mean to the point of giving physical distance between them and hijab girls. One hijab woman was talking to me and some girls and she said during her early years in the University, people used to avoid her seat in class. If she sat on a particular row, all the other members of the class avoided all the seats on that row. Those were people that didn't know her at all, didn't know anything about her behaviour.
Sad.
Most times I feel so sorry for hijabites.

I guess that happens too but I have seen Hijabites that are married, not flirts are reserved as you would expect one to be and still get along well with people. Maybe it has to do with facial expression? However, you are right that some hostility and even hatred of the Hijab does exist in our society.
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by tbaba1234: 7:25pm On Jul 15, 2012
@Fellis

Allah has protected the sisters from un needed attention... Anyone who avoids a sister because of the hijab is not worthy of their attention anyways..... No one needs you to feel sorry, that is a very 'dunya' way of looking at things....

Everything in life is a test, and wearing the Hijab is a Jihad on its own... Depending on the society, we live, we all face struggles....
Re: Using Of The Hijab. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 15, 2012
tbaba1234: @Fellis

Allah has protected the sisters from un needed attention... Anyone who avoids a sister because of the hijab is not worthy of their attention anyways..... No one needs you to feel sorry, that is a very 'dunya' way of looking at things....

Everything in life is a test, and wearing the Hijab is a Jihad on its own... Depending on the society, we live, we all face struggles....

Yes.
I see your point.

(1) (Reply)

If U Truly Love Her, U'd....... / State Things That Make Prophet Muhammed Holy Or Unique To Other Muslims. / A Practising Muslim Graduate That Can Promote And Market An Islamic Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.