Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,741 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Wimbledon 2012 - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wimbledon 2012 (37383 Views)

Murray Beats Djokovic To Win Wimbledon / Rafael Nadal Knocked-out Of Wimbledon 2013 In 1st Round Match / Wimbledon 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wimbledon 2012 by mystikal(m): 5:23pm On Jun 24, 2012
Here we go again, Come Monday, the world of Tennis turns its eye to London. The 3rd Grand Slam of the year gets underway with focus on the usual suspects. But if there's one thing I am sure of, it is going to be another Nadal/Djoker final (sorry Fedex fans). Murray, Ferrer and Tsonga(big fan) make up the other strong contenders in my opinion.

All eyes will be on Sharapova in the Ladies draws, who is top seed for the first time. It's hard to say Sharapova has the luck of the draw though. She will face stiff resistance from Kim Clijsters, unseeded and counting down to her retirement in September in the quarter-finals and Venus Williams in the semis. But the clash to watch out for would be defending champion Petra Kvitova possibly taking on Serena Williams in the semis. Li Na, Stosur and of course my wozniacki remain threats.

Can;t wait, Legoo!

#teamDjokovic, #teamtsonga, #teamclijsters, #teamwozniacki by the way
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2012
Thanks for starting the thread...I'm sure it gonna be an amazing two weeks of tennis, unfortunately I'll be away for the most part of it.

mystikal: Here we go again, Come Monday, the world of Tennis turns its eye to London. The 3rd Grand Slam of the year gets underway with focus on the usual suspects. But if there's one thing I am sure of, it is going to be another Nadal/Djoker final (sorry Fedex fans). Murray, Ferrer and Tsonga(big fan) make up the other strong contenders in my opinion.

All eyes will be on Sharapova in the Ladies draws, who is top seed for the first time. It's hard to say Sharapova has the luck of the draw though. She will face stiff resistance from Kim Clijsters, unseeded and counting down to her retirement in September in the quarter-finals and Venus Williams in the semis. But the clash to watch out for would be defending champion Petra Kvitova possibly taking on Serena Williams in the semis. Li Na, Stosur and of course my wozniacki remain threats.

Can;t wait, Legoo!

#teamDjokovic, #teamtsonga, #teamclijsters, #teamwozniacki by the way

Well, as much as I love Kim, I think it's a tall order for her winning Wimby. Also, you forgot she'll have to beat Jelena Jankovic first, whom as far as I remember, is a former world number one.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by mystikal(m): 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2012
I think Kim will get the better of Jankovic. Jankovic stopped being an impressive tennis player couple of years ago. I could just be sentimental though.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 24, 2012
I rather see Fed/Nadal final....Tired of Djoko and Nadal

#TeamFederer

Im surprised there is actually a #TeamSonga Supporter, he's ordinary as hell.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by mystikal(m): 12:21am On Jun 25, 2012
The only way Fed/Nadal will play in the final is if Fed beats Djokovic in the semis. A potential Fed/Djoko matchup will be a hard one as in my eyes Djokovic isn't the same player as last year, his game hasnt improved greatly but mentally he is great and will just edge Fedex jor. No offense, but Fedex isnt winning a GS again.

lol @ Tsonga jibe. I know Tsonga isnt exceptional, but I just like the dude, he can be dangerous when he is up for it.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 25, 2012
He might not win another Gs again you maybe right

Remember though last Year Fed had Djoko beat...and "choked" at the end....

Djoko made that impossible Return Forehand off a Serve

Fed still givin the young boys a good run...But he is past his prime

I think djoko or nadal might get picked off before the semi's(Probably Nadal)

I see a Djoko vs Fed semi final with an easy walk over in the final like Murray or some other B- tier player

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 7:34am On Jun 25, 2012
A decade before all courts were being evolved to suit particular playing styles, Tsonga would be a multiple slam finalist/winner. There has been an almost intentional effort to kill serve and volley players. Its a testament to his ability that he still manages to be threatening despite having a playing style that is clearly disadvantaged by the evolving courts of today.

I cant sit back and watch my Jo be derided.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2012
^Actually that is a damn good point you make there bro....

1 Like

Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 25, 2012
montelik: A decade before all courts were being evolved to suit particular playing styles, Tsonga would be a multiple slam finalist/winner. There has been an almost intentional effort to kill serve and volley players. Its a testament to his ability that he still manages to be threatening despite having a playing style that is clearly disadvantaged by the evolving courts of today.

I cant sit back and watch my Jo be derided.

I agree with you but part of being a champion is the ability to adapt to the evolving courts...Rafa was never a great grass courter but guess what, he has two SW19 to his name.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 25, 2012
Santino1:

I agree with you but part of being a champion is the ability to adapt to the evolving courts...Rafa was never a great grass courter but guess what, he has two SW19 to his name.

That plus evolving with current racquet technology, which many have accused Federer of failing to do so

His Racquets are pre-historic in terms of what djoko rocks. Well at least up from up untill 2011...not sure what has been using lately in 2012
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2012
Despicable-VII:

That plus evolving with current racquet technology, which many have accused Federer of failing to do so

His Racquets are pre-historic in terms of what djoko rocks. Well at least up from up untill 2011...not sure what has been using lately in 2012

He's using the best Wilson technology: the BLX pro staff six, which has the best swing while Nole's YOUTEK IG speed is specially made for aggressive players......It all comes down to what suits your game
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2012
[size=13pt]How come no one noticed Berdych's exit yesterday by the Latvian rising talent or was it just me [/size]
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 12:05pm On Jun 26, 2012
femzy: [size=13pt]How come no one noticed Berdych's exit yesterday by the Latvian rising talent or was it just me [/size]

noticed too....he's the biggest star to fall so far in the men's side..
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2012
Santino1:

noticed too....he's the biggest star to fall so far in the men's side..

He is the most inconsistent amongst the top 10. He has got a playing style I love so much
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by ortopazz(m): 6:52pm On Jun 26, 2012
team NaDaL, told u hommies nadal winz on clay, SpaIn progresses, Spain will 2mao, Nadal paved tha path, now we in Wimbledn,mum's best court, NadaL wil quake tha world wiv hz strength, skillz, badass smile and erything, go #TEaM NaDaL, we rock! Yeah
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 7:12pm On Jun 26, 2012
ortopazz: team NaDaL, told u hommies nadal winz on clay, SpaIn progresses, Spain will 2mao, Nadal paved tha path[b], now we in Wimbledn,mum's best court, NadaL wil quake tha world wiv hz strength, skillz, badass smile and erything, go #TEaM NaDaL, we rock! Yeah[/b]

Let me know when you wake up from your dream
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by coolguyz(m): 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2012
Round 2

Federer Vs Fognini. . . .live!

2-0 in 1st set alreadi. another practice match for Fed after the 6-1,6-1,6-1 first round win
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Lovren(m): 4:05pm On Jun 27, 2012
Guys my wozniaki is back! Come on caroline!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 5:04pm On Jun 27, 2012
paszek vs wozniacki typifies one of the few reasons i still bother watching womens tennis any longer. 2 cute babes with nice bodies.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 5:33pm On Jun 27, 2012
lets go tamira.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by coolguyz(m): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
Wozniacki dumped out by Paszek. . . .she too dey fall person hand jor. . . .mscheeeewwww!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by coolguyz(m): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2012
with Venus, Wozniacki and Stosur out. . . . .its most likely gonna be a Serena/Sharapova affair this year. . . .2 experienced grass courters.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 6:24pm On Jun 27, 2012
Wow Tamira did it, wonder if she as anything left for her next match.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by coolguyz(m): 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2012
Kim still got her game. . . . .good movement and balance around the baseline. Would she get back to the mix? time will tell. guess i'l root for her after my love - Sharapova kiss!
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 28, 2012
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
another battle of 2 pretty ladies. bondarenko vs ivanovic
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2012
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by Santino1(m): 6:18pm On Jun 28, 2012
montelik:

No be my fault.

grin grin grin
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 6:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
Tsonga started slow, but is now in full control.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
Santino1: Make Mcllroy catch you... cheesy cheesy cheesy

No be my fault.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by montelik(m): 6:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
Tsonga marches on.
Re: Wimbledon 2012 by femzy(m): 7:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
Howcome no one is watching Rosol -Nadal . Nadal up first set and is down a serve in the 2nd set.

Very bad day for him in office IMHO

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Is Wrestling Real, Fake, Acted, Or Drama?check Out / Morocco V Belgium: Riot Erupts As Moroccan Fans Flip Cars, Celebrate Famous Win / Chelsea Ready To Sell Mikel Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.